MIUI 12.5 21.2.3/4

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, like i said, it's working...BUT...
Did you try to erase any app in system?
If your device was shipped with Android 10 (and above), you should avoid to modify the /system partition. You can brick your device. ;)
=> But you need to know that Magisk can modify the /system partition "systemlessly" => You need to use/create a Magisk module for that.

If your device was shipped with Android 9 (and below), you can modify the /system partition without issue. :)

Reactions: MixRC
To install the apk you don't need to go to TWRP, just install directly from the file manager, then you can upgrade the build version from Magisk Manager.
The "zip" version, you can install from TWRP, it contains the apk itself.
Tried both versions, none are working with these roms (A11)
Hmm..
That's ~how I install magisk after each update. We might be talking about the same thing, but have you seen this?

Also @Poney70, thanks for the info, haha. I ~only use magisk (and edxposed) canary on my mi 10. The ~"full" beta tester pack.

Reactions: MixRC
If your device was shipped with Android 10 (and above), you should avoid to modify the /system partition. You can brick your device. ;)
=> But you need to know that Magisk can modify the /system partition "systemlessly" => You need to use/create a Magisk module for that.

If your device was shipped with Android 9 (and below), you can modify the /system partition without issue. :)

My device is the Poco F2 Pro, 256 Gb, 8 Gb ram....it was shipped with Android 10 and it was upgraded sometime ago with A11...a rom with lots of bugs, that's why i decided to go for a xiaomi.eu roms, because a had a Mix 2S, with xiaomi.eu roms, from the day i unlocked the bootloader....

About systemless hosts, they're active on Magisk...but i think you're talking about other "systemless" :)

Hmm..
That's ~how I install magisk after each update. We might be talking about the same thing, but have you seen this?

Also @Poney70, thanks for the info, haha. I ~only use magisk (and edxposed) canary on my mi 10. The ~"full" beta tester pack.

Good news, i haven't see that, mate. Like you, i have Magisk Canary too, nothing against it...

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
That's wrong, Stable Magisk v21.4 is working without any issue on Android 11. And I don't recommend the Canary version at all. ;)
I am currently using Canary, and have absolutely no problems. I follow updates whenever they are notified.
To change into Stable, it looks as though all I need to do is change the channel in settings to 'Stable', and then 'Install' the new Manager (and then probably Magisk itself). Is this correct?

I am currently using Canary, and have absolutely no problems. I follow updates whenever they are notified.
To change into Stable, it looks as though all I need to do is change the channel in settings to 'Stable', and then 'Install' the new Manager (and then probably Magisk itself). Is this correct?
I don't know if you can do that without issue... Keep Canary version if you don't have issue. ;)

Reactions: Iain_B
Yes, correct.
Done that a few times without issues

Problems with spotify in the notifications controls and lock screen. It does not let pause or pass the song.
Mi 9 device

You're lucky to have only that problem. Spotify notifications and lock screen controls works well on my Mi 9.

On the other hand, I have this issue, more serious and that hasn't happened to anyone else here.

The battery drain is massive. I don't remember how it was with the stable rom because I used it only for basic functions due to the limitations but I can say that it is almost double as it was with my previous phones (Huawei, Vivo) considering the battery capacity and reduced refresh rate (60) Hz. I wonder how much significant higher resolution impacts battery drain. I must say that I can't recognize any difference between Mi 11 and previous hd resolutions.
I moved from Stable to Weekly 21.2.3 on my Mi 10 Pro. The first day the battery was worse but the second day the battery performs same like the stable Version. Usually I still have 50% at night. Good Job Developers!!!

I have poco f2 pro it come with poco launcher but after instal v21. 2.4 i have mi launcher its ok but when i install poco launcher the Gestures do not work while they are on official launcher .. Why?

I have poco f2 pro it come with poco launcher but after instal v21. 2.4 i have mi launcher its ok but when i install poco launcher the Gestures do not work while they are on official launcher .. Why?
I don't know but I guess Xiaomi.eu devs chose to replace Poco Launcher by Mi Launcher for this reason (not working full gestures with this ROM version). :)

Reactions: Ahmed Sabri

I dont know but the new version seems to be buggy for the poco f2 :/ I noticed some other bugs myself ( which i posted in the bugs section like the rules demand)

Reactions: Ahmed Sabri
Here on Redmi Note 8 I don't know if this is normal when I opened any application for the first time it has a slight slowness, when it stays open in the background and I click again it already opens quickly, more if I clean the windows and open any application he has a little slow time.
Same thing the notification bar if you go down with the phone locked and click on the fingerprint to unlock the device, the notification bar will slowly disappear.

Well I don't know if this is happening to me only but I am reporting here.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here on Redmi Note 8 I don't know if this is normal when I opened any application for the first time it has a slight slowness, when it stays open in the background and I click again it already opens quickly, [...]
This was much worse in the first release of miui 12.5 and all RN8 gingko users are hoping for the best in upcoming builds.

Reactions: Daniel Nascimento
I don't know if you can do that without issue... Keep Canary version if you don't have issue. ;)
Yes, correct.
Done that a few times without issues
Magisk modification from Canary to Stable carried out simply and successfully (I hope!).
I did my normal backup, just in case ;) - does not seem to have been needed though.
All still seems to be working fine now. Thanks

Reactions: Poney70 and geoorg
I moved from Stable to Weekly 21.2.3 on my Mi 10 Pro. The first day the battery was worse but the second day the battery performs same like the stable Version. Usually I still have 50% at night. Good Job Developers!!!
This confirms that a bit of time is needed for a 'settling in' period. And maybe the AI has now kicked in as well.

Reactions: ddj123
Here on Redmi Note 8 I don't know if this is normal when I opened any application for the first time it has a slight slowness, when it stays open in the background and I click again it already opens quickly, more if I clean the windows and open any application he has a little slow time.
Same thing the notification bar if you go down with the phone locked and click on the fingerprint to unlock the device, the notification bar will slowly disappear.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Well yes it is normal. We have to be reasonable RN8 is a lower mid range device - you should not expect miracles at that price range.
Regarding the first click and the the speed up afterwards - the app is loaded in RAM and then it starts more quickly on the second click. Keep in mind you are using a Super wallpaper that is officially only available for higher end devices, also you have other goodies like blurring and so on which are also adding load.
As @mankokoma said the performance has improved a lot in MIUI 12.5 and A11 and in my opinion this is the best MIUI firmware I had on this device for the 13 months that I have owned it. There are some small kinks in it but there will always be there it is beta, although from what I have seen with Xiaomi official even stable is beta :D

Status
Not open for further replies.