MIUI 12.5 21.3.24/25

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you trolling or are you just really unaware that the entire K40 lineup supports Dolby?
Not trolling, if you know what Dolby Atmos is, you would know it cant be done on mobiles. Atmos is part of a 7.1 (or more) speaker layout for cinema or home theater. Does your phone have 7.1 speakers including the Atmos height channels? I thought not. On mobiles its just a fake gimmick to impress those who dont know what it really is.

Reactions: Ryoma and Redvex67
Uff, Mi 9T downgrade to 21.3.18 didn't fix the freeze issue form me. just got one while last week on the same release no issue at all (apart widevine and battery drain)

I had a channel on the telegram about the development miui updates. unfortunately it disappeared and I can't find it ... anyone has a reference to it?

You may want to create (and save externally) a nandroid backup first, just in case.
What is the nandroid backup? I cant understand english well, please explain me simply with one by one. Like;
1-bla bla 2-bla bla :D i know it's funny but i just can understand like this. Sorry again

Anybody facing issues with the twrps?
On my mi 10, both the v1.1 and thr v1.2 seem to be "unable to mount storage". Creating a backup, cleaning partitions seems to cause that. Any ideas?
My v1.2 currently decrypts and accesses storage OK. With last week's TWRP (which I think was still v1.2), I did a full backup yesterday morning, and restored it later yesterday morning. I did a full backup again yesterday evening when I installed the latest ROM. I've not cleaned any partitions - don't want to risk that unless I really have to ;)
Another option for you which I did some weeks ago when I had mounting problems, was to do an install, which seemed to correct the mounting issues, and then immediately restore my latest backup. That worked. (That was when we were having the TWRP problems). I had not reformated or mounted any partitions at that time. As far as I remember, my storage remained intact the whole time.

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
What is the nandroid backup? I cant understand english well, please explain me simply with one by one. Like;
1-bla bla 2-bla bla :D i know it's funny but i just can understand like this. Sorry again
:) A full nandroid backup is what I do every week when I install the latest ROM.
Within TWRP - go to Backup, and tick all of the boxes, and then swipe.
Depending upon which phone you have, and the size of your system, you should make sure that there is enough space on your phone. My backup size is around 23Gb - for Mi 10 (umi).

@Spill
What if you try to mount all partitions before flashing?

@fmcheetah
Do you also have F2 Pro and could flash the recent build successfully to it?

@Iain_B
I only backup super, data and boot (for Magisk patching). All the rest I would get back by flashing back the previous ROM version before flashing my three backup partitions, wouldn't I?

Gesendet von meinem Redmi K30 Pro mit Tapatalk

:) A full nandroid backup is what I do every week when I install the latest ROM.
Within TWRP - go to Backup, and tick all of the boxes, and then swipe.
Depending upon which phone you have, and the size of your system, you should make sure that there is enough space on your phone. My backup size is around 23Gb - for Mi 10 (umi).
So, i can make downgrade without backup, right?

i always do, before every single flash.
mount, flash rom, mount, flash magisk, mount, flash ...
Hmmm, usually, I never do. Simply start into TWRP, flash ROM, Magisk, clear cache & Dalvik, delete /data/system/package_cache, reboot into system and that's it...

What did you do after the failed flash? Did you try to get back to the previous build? Were you able to flash back this one?

I only backup super, data and boot (for Magisk patching). All the rest I would get back by flashing back the previous ROM version before flashing my three backup partitions, wouldn't I?
I think that I would rather back up a complete system (except cache) that I know is working properly rather than mix two systems, which may work - I don't know.
Last time was yesterday when I was 'playing around'! Full system backup and then had to restore. Everything was back to where it was. Magist was installed and all of the banking apps worked as before - security was unchanged.
Yes - it is quite long, but well worth it.

@Iain_B
Once, I played around, too - the way I described I could successfully duplicate one F2 to another

Reactions: Iain_B
My v1.2 currently decrypts and accesses storage OK. With last week's TWRP (which I think was still v1.2), I did a full backup yesterday morning, and restored it later yesterday morning. I did a full backup again yesterday evening when I installed the latest ROM. I've not cleaned any partitions - don't want to risk that unless I really have to ;)
Another option for you which I did some weeks ago when I had mounting problems, was to do an install, which seemed to correct the mounting issues, and then immediately restore my latest backup. That worked. (That was when we were having the TWRP problems). I had not reformated or mounted any partitions at that time. As far as I remember, my storage remained intact the whole time.
Ah, turns out it was a false alarm... I edited the message. It was trying to mount the otg storage, hahaha :emoji_laughing:.

Reactions: Iain_B
Uff, Mi 9T downgrade to 21.3.18 didn't fix the freeze issue form me. just got one while last week on the same release no issue at all (apart widevine and battery drain)
Unfortunatly, my last post was a bit too quick. After a little while, for me too, the freezes started again.
So, like you, i'm back on 21.3.18, where i had no issues last week, but now with freezes. :(

Reactions: Yliastuttu
Status
Not open for further replies.