MIUI 12.5 21.3.24/25

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I clean flashed this version. (I firstly formated data, then factory reset and flashed the 3.17 version. Afterwards I factory reset, flashed the latest beta, factory reset again a few times.)
It seems like I cant install chrome on my mi 10, any ideas? (I also factory reset the phone again.) Even 3rd party apps cant install it. I also tried updating webview and deleting the data of google play.
Lol, not very ready to delete chrome and move to better browser yet.. (chrome beta can be downloaded though)
Edit: Very old versions of chrome can be installed, hmm, maybe I can update it.
Nope, cant update it, any ideas?

Last edited:
Hello, I clean flashed this version. (I firstly formated data, then factory reset and flashed the 3.17 version. Afterwards I factory reset, flashed the latest beta, factory reset again a few times.)
It seems like I cant install chrome on my mi 10, any ideas? (I also factory reset the phone again.) Even 3rd party apps cant install it. I also tried updating webview and deleting the data of google play.
Lol, not very ready to delete chrome and move to better browser yet.. (chrome beta can be downloaded though)
I did a clean install with format data and factory reset with version 21.3.10 on mi 10 , after that only updates , i don't have problems , webview updated also ..
I use 3.5...v1.1 twrp ( 08/03/21 ) ..

I did a clean install with format data and factory reset with version 21.3.10 on mi 10 , after that only updates , i don't have problems , webview updated also ..
I use 3.5...v1.1 twrp ( 08/03/21 ) ..
hmm, do you think I should downgrade, factory reset (no data format), install google and update? I have the slightly newer twrp (which is probably in your system too if you didnt remove it from the zip).
I ~just wanted to fix the gallery issue I had(or have??)...
EDIT: Fixed: I installed the old version of google, updated webview and then I was able to update chrome. Uf, that was a kinda unecessary factory reset...

... Device Mi9T. After installing this version, it soon freeze with the screen on, when I want to unlock the phone. The only option is to give a forced restart. ...

The same thing happens here. The device freezes very often, mostly in the lock screen, but also under the AOD screen.
This morning it even happened between two snooze phases of the alarm clock ... I only noticed it an hour later ;)

Reactions: gulp79 and Redvex67
I am currently on 21.3.17, Xiaomi Mi 10
How can I update it to the lasted? As the post said "OTA not work"
Thank you

Edit: Very old versions of chrome can be installed, hmm, maybe I can update it.
Nope, cant update it, any ideas?
Only thing that I can suggest is going through my complete 'tidy up' process here, ie. clearing/tidying up the memory, and re-install the ROM.
Failing that, I would try going right back to the Stock ROM, and then go through the process to upgrade to this ROM.
I was able to install Chrome (but have now deleted it).

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
there's always more to it, but we cannot know what it is. I guess not even the EU developers know about the other small (or bigger) changes and fixes in the Chinese code base. That's why they give the official change log.
In my experience, it's usually worth to do the upgrade (and keep in mind that they are betas!)
That's what I thought cause I found extremely unlikely to change three four thinks and release an update.
Thanks for the answer.

The same thing happens here. The device freezes very often, mostly in the lock screen, but also under the AOD screen.
This morning it even happened between two snooze phases of the alarm clock ... I only noticed it an hour later ;)
When you updated to this ROM, did you tidy up the memory first, and then clear Dalvik and cache, and delete the /data/system/package_cache folder?

Reactions: WinterWarrior67
If you give the sort of information as asked for here, we would be in a better position to give you help.
Updated by twrp, just clean dalvik & cache.
First time freezed in the morning while alarm started to ring. Had to reboot phone to silent alarm.

After Two hour camera didn't work. Had to reboot phone to get it working.

One hour later phone freezed while listening spotify, screen of. Music continues but not able to screen on. Had to reboot phone. 30min and it happened again.

Battery stats shows google play services quite big consuption.

Mi10 has problem with bottom row, has been positioned on home/back screen buttons. How do I fix this as this blocks quick access for me?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-27-13-27-06-219_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-27-13-27-06-219_com.miui.home.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 262
Can you detail the preparations and tidying up processes you went through when installing the new ROM?
And then can you give information on the apps that are consuming the battery power?
Like I said some post before I was on global stable, flashed recovery then wiped/format data, installed weekly and magisk with zero issues. Lost widevine from L1 to L3 and about battery there is no an app suckin all juice but I have 6hrs of sot. Maybe I have 6 email accounts (using outlook) and 2wazzup accounts plus telegram that was my thought anyway battery is very bad for me in last 3 months with eu roms.
Forgot to mention that I have viper and audio modification library as magisk module.

Updated by twrp, just clean dalvik & cache.
First time freezed in the morning while alarm started to ring. Had to reboot phone to silent alarm.

After Two hour camera didn't work. Had to reboot phone to get it working.

One hour later phone freezed while listening spotify, screen of. Music continues but not able to screen on. Had to reboot phone. 30min and it happened again.

Battery stats shows google play services quite big consuption.
Immediate observations are that you did not clear/tidy up the memory before installing the ROM - you installed a new ROM onto a system that could have had some apps in memory, or running, or in recents. You did not delete the /data/system/package_cache folder.

Like I said some post before I was on global stable, flashed recovery then wiped/format data, installed weekly and magisk with zero issues. Lost widevine from L1 to L3 and about battery there is no an app suckin all juice but I have 6hrs of sot. Maybe I have 6 email accounts (using outlook) and 2wazzup accounts plus telegram that was my thought anyway battery is very bad for me in last 3 months with eu roms.
Forgot to mention that I have viper and audio modification library as magisk module.
Under Settings / Battery you should be able to isolate and highlight sections of the graph and have listed the apps that are consuming most power at those times. What are at the top of the list? sot?

Hi.
If someone have rooted gauguin , please go to root explorer and open the file
/sys/class/backlight/panel0-backlight/brightness
or
connect to pc, open terminal and run
adb shell
su
cat /sys/class/backlight/panel0-backlight/brightness
with max-full brightness
is 2047 or 4095???
Thanks,,,
My max-full brightness is 4095 for me

Must be a joke. Dolby Atmos can never be implemented on mobile.
Not a Xiaomi device but my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite has it and it works fine, what now?

Attachments

• image_2021-03-27_134931.png
    image_2021-03-27_134931.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 199
When you updated to this ROM, did you tidy up the memory first, and then clear Dalvik and cache, and delete the /data/system/package_cache folder?

I did the update exactly as I have been doing for the last 50-60 weeks since I started using the 9T with the beta.
I update either via OTA or via orange fox and I don't use any special features except clearing the cache/Dalvik. I don't use root or magisk. This is the first time in about a year that I have had such severe problems as constant freezes.
I hardly think it's because of the way the update process is done ;)

Mi10 has problem with bottom row, has been positioned on home/back screen buttons. How do I fix this as this blocks quick access for me?
I've just switched over to buttons, and there is the gap at the bottom for the buttons. Maybe try switching to gestures and then back to buttons?

I did the update exactly as I have been doing for the last 50-60 weeks since I started using the 9T with the beta.
I update either via OTA or via orange fox and I don't use any special features except clearing the cache/Dalvik. I don't use root or magisk. This is the first time in about a year that I have had such severe problems as constant freezes.
I hardly think it's because of the way the update process is done ;)
If you review some of the comments on these forums you will discover that the way that people update the ROMs does have an effect on the quality of the operation of the new ROM. One good example is the deletion of the /data/system/package_cache folder.

Reactions: JiaiJ
Hello. Device Mi9T. After installing this version, it soon freeze with the screen on, when I want to unlock the phone. The only option is to give a forced restart. The previous version worked very well, I did not encounter any problems. I installed back the previous version and the problem persist.

Thx.
Me too. I keep having to restart MI 9T davinci. I will have to downgrade

Reactions: Ryoma
Status
Not open for further replies.