MIUI 12.6 21.4.7/8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my mi9T pro System launcher FCs after update. What can I do?
Did you tidy up the memory before installing the update, and did you clear Dalvik and cache, and delete the /data/system/package_cache folder?

Please try: Settings --> Apps --> Permissions (or permission manager) --> clear all data..
Stay the same!
Will I put the rom in again and make wipes to see !?
In recovery, what wipes should be done?
-Dalvik / ART Cache
-Cache
-System
more...?

Hello I'm new here.

Recently I noticed that when I have my phone in landscape mode some apps cut the side of the screen (or don't go in full-screen mode) where the front camera punch hole is. I feel like previously it was working flawlessly without those ugly cut from the left or right hand side.

I'm using mi 10 on 21.4.8 ROM, but was facing this issue on 21.3.17/18 and stable MIUI 12 from which I switched to weekly because I though it might fix it.

I would appreciate if someone could explain me why this keeps happening or how it behaves on your devices (maybe it's normal?).

Example below
Same things happens in gesture mode too

The update progress bar gets to 100% when 2GB are downloaded and stays there until the
download is "really" finished. So: Just wait for it, the end is near :D
Not necessarily; in the past the download finished, quite a while after showing 100%. But the last 2 update downloads eventually failed, with an error message. I think that the whole file did actually download completely despite the message, but instead I adopted the habit of downloading on a PC (with a browser that supports restarting failed download), then copying to the phone, booting into a custom recovery (TWRP or OrangeFox), then installing the ROM image (I also install Magisk in the same operation).

Stay the same!
Will I put the rom in again and make wipes to see !?
In recovery, what wipes should be done?
-Dalvik / ART Cache
-Cache
-System
more...?
See my message #257 above - "(NEVER wipe System or Persist!)" .
If you are re-instsalling it, wipe Dalvik and cache, and delete the /data/system/package_cache folder, after tidying up the main memory.
If that is still not working, try a Factory reset.
Edit: just a thought - you are not accidentally still installing the old and faulty ROM?

See my message #257 above - "(NEVER wipe System or Persist!)" .
If you are re-instsalling it, wipe Dalvik and cache, and delete the /data/system/package_cache folder, after tidying up the main memory.
If that is still not working, try a Factory reset.
Edit: just a thought - you are not accidentally still installing the old and faulty ROM?
I see that you're using the same device as mine. Do you face the same issue as I mentioned above when you put your mi10 to landscape mode in e.g Chrome?

I see that you're using the same device as mine. Do you face the same issue as I mentioned above when you put your mi10 to landscape mode in e.g Chrome?
Welcome!
I'm just looking at it now. I've never really paid much attention to this.
I'm using dark mode (using gestures - without the full screen indicator), so the cut off is not quite so obvious.

I would imagine programming the notch in landscape mode for the notch would not be partcularly easy - whether at the top right, or bottom left, or even upside down at the bottom right is not so straight forward to design. So I can see that it would be easier to sense where the notch is, and create a blank bar along that short side (except in correct portrait mode)

There are also different settings for the 'notch'. If you search for 'notch' under settings, you will see three different results. You can try changing these around to see if it makes any difference.

mi 10t lite He became giving REDMI on boot

Is there a solution for this ?

regards
It's not a problem. Our ROM is based and made for the Chinese variant: Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G.
It also supports Mi 10T Lite, since it's the same hardware, but the ROM is still a Redmi.

Reactions: Poney70
On MI 9 Pro, definitely the fonction "DND" doesn't work anymore. There are few updates already that it doesn't work.

Lavender users, what's the feedback of this update? Tell me if i update or i will stick to 21.3.25 where it's the most stable build to our device.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Stayed with 25/3? Or flashed the new?

Welcome!
I'm just looking at it now. I've never really paid much attention to this.
I'm using dark mode (using gestures - without the full screen indicator), so the cut off is not quite so obvious.

I would imagine programming the notch in landscape mode for the notch would not be partcularly easy - whether at the top right, or bottom left, or even upside down at the bottom right is not so straight forward to design. So I can see that it would be easier to sense where the notch is, and create a blank bar along that short side (except in correct portrait mode)

There are also different settings for the 'notch'. If you search for 'notch' under settings, you will see three different results. You can try changing these around to see if it makes any difference.
Oh, okay. Does the cut off look the same as mine in Chrome app (but yours is black?)?
Some versions ago there were 3 options in Hide notch: don't hide, hide without moving status bar and hide with moving status bar (now only 2 first options) and I'm pretty sure that apps were rendering on full screen back then.

Play Store example below

Oh, okay. Does the cut off look the same as mine in Chrome app (but yours is black?)?
Some versions ago there were 3 options in Hide notch: don't hide, hide without moving status bar and hide with moving status bar (now only 2 first options) and I'm pretty sure that apps were rendering on full screen back then.

Play Store example below
This is my Mi10 with Play Store, followed by Firefox:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-11-22-17-53-902_com.android.vending.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-11-22-17-53-902_com.android.vending.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 222
  • Screenshot_2021-04-11-22-31-50-300_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-11-22-31-50-300_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Reactions: ijo97
This is my Mi10 with Play Store :
Thank you, it looks the same to me.

Additionaly I found a bug. When you use bubbles with e.g Facebook Messenger app, system navigation gestures doesn't seem to work. You can't "go back" from a photo if someone sent it or close the bubble using gestures. It works as intended when using Buttons system navigation. And generally Bubbles doesn't work and look nearly as good as Messenger Bubbles (chat heads) used to work prior to Android 11. Samsung ones are a bit better cause of how they look, but I wish I could just bring back old chat heads. In general they feel like a downgrade.

Thank you, it looks the same to me.

Additionaly I found a bug. When you use bubbles with e.g Facebook Messenger app, system navigation gestures doesn't seem to work. You can't "go back" from a photo if someone sent it or close the bubble using gestures. It works as intended when using Buttons system navigation. And generally Bubbles doesn't work and look nearly as good as Messenger Bubbles (chat heads) used to work prior to Android 11. Samsung ones are a bit better cause of how they look, but I wish I could just bring back old chat heads. In general they feel like a downgrade.
There have been problems with bubbles before. If you do a search on 'bubbles', you can see what has passed.

Reactions: KGVER and ijo97
Status
Not open for further replies.