MIUI 12.6 21.5.12/13

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
About the problem with the music player notifications, is there a solution for those who are not Root?

I tested with ADB but it doesn't work.

Thank you

Thanks! Both he mp3 and acc are saved inthat weird android folder... (Btw, while I have total commander, I could access it with the built in file manager by going into /android/data and pressing the button that opens the file in the other built in file manager.

@Igor Eisberg, maybe you'd want to check this for a future update? (Like how you changed the directory of the screen recordings, now something for the sound recordings too?)

Btw, maybe those recordings cant be played from the sound recorder maybe due to scoped storage :emoji_shrug:.
That's how Xiaomi designed it. Sound recorder is using the sandboxed path (/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.android.soundrecorder/files) for Android 11. Disabling this isn't a problem, but it's not a bug, and I have no problem in playing the recordings from the app itself.

That's how Xiaomi designed it. Sound recorder is using the sandboxed path (/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.android.soundrecorder/files) for Android 11. Disabling this isn't a problem, but it's not a bug, and I have no problem in playing the recordings from the app itself.
Hm, I see. I cleared the cache, forced stopped and disabled the app and then reenabled it. After that the recordings could be played. Weird. :emoji_thumbsup:

Hi, I tried many things but did not manage to replace ringtone with custom in. Its always using the default, is this known? Mi9

Sounds like a TWRP issue.
Try extracting META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary from 21.4.28 and import it to the 21.5.12 ROM ZIP.
Then try flashing 21.5.12. If it's successfully flashed, then that TWRP has compatibility issues with Android 11's update-binary, in which case you should report to that TWRP's developer.

This one works as always, high regard to Mr. Igor Eisberg. Thanks a lot!

Reactions: Igor Eisberg
Thank Team for your hard word.

Beside the bug in notification area (in last week version), today I just discover a new (?) bug: cannot enable VPN app from control center.

I use Redmi K30 Pro zoom.

Attachments

• IMG_20210516_010239.jpg
    IMG_20210516_010239.jpg
    982.4 KB · Views: 226
My wireless charging randomly stopped after the last weekly update.. was fine before, now it just constantly starts and stops..
I do not know if you are aware that from Miui 12.5 the ROMs now use AI smart charging to help with battery management. You can read about it here and here.
It might also be worth while checking the hardware - plug and cable, and make sure that nothing has 'run over' the cable.

Last edited:
Reactions: JiaiJ
When you're going to stop using custom icons for apps? I've seen many posts of people trying to get original global icons, but it requires rooted device. Those custom icons are ugly and aren't updated (for example Facebook or Facebook Messenger icon). Why not to let app developers to choose their icons?
Use Limitless theme...

You need to analyse what it is that is consuming the power and change your settings accordingly. It is rarely the ROM that causes excess battery drain - it is normally the individual's settings. Improvements can be done through analysing and adjusting. I got over 48 hours with the previous ROM.
I cannot comment on Spotify - I don't use it.
If i would change my phone habits somehow i would understand that it would make a difference but if only thing that changes is the software the phone runs on it would be logical to suspect that it's in fact what's causing the change. I use spotify on my smart home because it's the easiest and it has the widest collection of music. Since i mainly listen to black metal you can guess that you need the widest library of music to encompass the smallest genres the best. Anyway even though i only use spotify on my phone while at gym the smart home let's you control things with your phone as well and that's why what's playing pops up at my phone but it's just shared information. So i appreciate your input on this but as i said all that has changed is the rom so that is logically the one that is responsible. I have also read that i'm not only one with the problems i am now having. i would say 9 times of 10 i update the rom and everything is fine but sometimes (like now twice in a row) you get something worse. I'm sure it will be fixed but as of now it's not good. I think these two latest have been the worse yet. Staying hopeful the next one is already better.

Reactions: Iain_B
This bug is here...
Can anyone tell me what should I do?

Is it possible nobody need to access permissions of system apps???

It's annoying, boring, and a BUG!
d1aff0642ad703386087c73fa6b64ba7.jpg

Inviato dal mio MI 9 utilizzando Tapatalk

This bug is here...
Can anyone tell me what should I do?

Is it possible nobody need to access permissions of system apps???

It's annoying, boring, and a BUG!

Inviato dal mio MI 9 utilizzando Tapatalk
I ~don't know how bad of an idea that is, but maybe try to uninstall the app (like in those debloating guides) and then ask here for the apk you want to redownload it. It may make things worse though, I ~don't know...

@truelutti try 2 things: (It may not help, but at least it's something)
1)Share the battery stats here, so as we too can see what drains the battery, if there's anything visible. (Btw Gsm battery monitor offers better/more info)
2)Try this: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/tutorial-battery-drain-lag-after-os-update.58011/
Also, what's the typical temperature of your phone? Mine with wifi on, screen and chrome on for ~5mins it has around 33°C (cpu) and 27°C (battery). Is yours much higher when at rest? (I checked temps with smartpack kernel manager.)

Morning! Thanks for such a great job.
I can't install user certificate from Spanish FNMT or even FNMT CA. A message of correct installation comes up but certificate is not functional, neither it appears in the lis of certificates. Any possible solution for this issue?
TIA
Same issue. I just tried reinstalling my certificate, and it installs well, but won't work when trying to access government sites.

Same issue. I just tried reinstalling my certificate, and it installs well, but won't work when trying to access government sites.
You should contact Xiaomi, we have zero involvement in that matter, never used CA certificates myself.

Reactions: Alexbo
Miui EU Redmi note 10 ???
Use the STABLE rom!
Is anyone update to 5.12 then can not read the sim card? Redmi k40
Sim cards are perfectly recognized and "read".
hello
on mi 10t lite, is it convenient to use refresh at 120 mhz?
and the battery?
On K40 I am unable to tell the difference in display view , almost the same as well in battery drain.
Might be my view... but a marketing feature for sure!
EDIT: I don't have yet the 120mhz setting available, I just have 60 Hz and 120 Hz. lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: dexterv and biscoot
Redmi 9T Always going up like this How to fix it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-16-10-35-17-447_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-16-10-35-17-447_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 333
Hi,
updated flawlessly again .
I hoped it solve the useless(nonfunctional) notification problem on Mi11Ultra.

Against what i read here i am not fully convinced it's really a ROM problem.
Hi, today Google pushed an update for the Google app, it seems to fix the notification issue i talked about.

Status
Not open for further replies.