MIUI 12.6 21.5.20/21

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the vote but it was so much easyer before. After several attempts I managed to install TWRP. But it seems to be all in Chinese. Thus I can't use it after booting to it. The built in installer tells me about encrypted storage and then wants to boot to recovery, asking me if to proceed. Pressing "yes" doesn't cause any reaction. So, how can I update now? Will there be another fastboot file?

Sorry for the vote but it was so much easyer before. After several attempts I managed to install TWRP. But it seems to be all in Chinese. Thus I can't use it after booting to it. The built in installer tells me about encrypted storage and then wants to boot to recovery, asking me if to proceed. Pressing "yes" doesn't cause any reaction. So, how can I update now? Will there be another fastboot file?
1. We don't know what device you're talking about.
2. You can change the language, it's only the first screens that can be problematic.

Reactions: biscoot
Mi11-TWRP.3.5.1-Recovery-v21.5.10. I was told in the description to use this one. Can I just install yours now?
Sorry again, it's a Mi 11. No, this does not work any more. Should I somehow remove this TWRP? And to wellguy: There only are chinese captions, so I don't know.

Sorry again, it's a Mi 11. No, this does not work any more. Should I somehow remove this TWRP? And to wellguy: There only are chinese captions, so I don't know.
It does not boot to TWRP but to MIUI Recovery. So the installation must have gone wrong.

I don't know what you did but the changelog posted by the developers is very clear about it.

1) Download the recovery for MI 11 into your PC fastboot folder ( the file you are talking about is right )
2) have the ROM on your phone.
3) boot your phone in fastboot mode & connect it to your PC
4) fastboot boot the_recovery.img
5) once TWRP is up in Chinese and asking for a pass,
there are 2 buttons, hit the right one and change language.
6) type you pass in
7) install the ROM which will care about TWRP by itself.

Last edited:
I don't know what you did but the changelog posted by the developers is very clear about it.

1) Download the recovery for MI 11 into your fastboot folder ( the file you are talking about is right )
2) have the ROM on your phone.
3) boot your phone in fastboot mode & connect it to your PC
4) fastboot boot the_recovery.img
5) once TWRP is up in Chinese and asking for a pass,
there are 2 buttons, hit the right one and change language.
6) type you pass in
7) install the ROM which will care about TWRP by itself.
Tanks osnix. Where do I get the pass? Where do I find the fastboot folder? Is it on the PC? The recovery means just the img-file?

Tanks osnix. Where do I get the pass? Where do I find the fastboot folder? Is it on the PC? The recovery means just the img-file?

I can't know what is on your PC, I'm sorry.

Yes, it means the img file.

Well, you need to install fastboot / adb if you want to use them.

See there as an example:

There is somewhere some installer too, however, I'm the wrong person
to ask about Windows things, I don't use Windows for decades.
Both fastboot and adb are installed. There is an adb-folder containing fastboot exe. Maybe I'll try this one later. The link you posted was the first one I found but it did not really help. Thanks for your help and patience.

Both fastboot and adb are installed. There is an adb-folder containing fastboot exe. Maybe I'll try this one later. The link you posted was the first one I found but it did not really help. Thanks for your help and patience.

Then put the recovery image into that adb-folder, also be sure you open Windows CMD with
Administrator rights when using fastboot.

Mi11Lite5G
xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Lite5G_21.5.20_v12-11-fastboot.zip is new uploaded. Why?
Does xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Lite5G_21.5.20_v12-11.zip includet working TWRP?

Mi11Lite5G
xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Lite5G_21.5.20_v12-11-fastboot.zip is new uploaded. Why?
The fastboot flashing scripts were empty due to typo Xiaomi made in vendor props.

Does xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Lite5G_21.5.20_v12-11.zip includet working TWRP?
No, was built as recovery due to the same typo. Already removed.

Tried like three times. Same thing

How are you downloading the ROM?
Tried like three times. Same thing

Not sure why this happens to you but I downloaded the file on my PC
and is matching the MD5sum listed on https://androidfilehost.com/
for it.

crazy@ThinkPad-P14s:~/temp/test-download$ rm -rf *
crazy@ThinkPad-P14s:~/temp/test-download$ aria2c https://mpl1.uploads.androidfilehos...15/xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Pro_21.5.20_v12-11.zip

.... snip ..

f700aa|OK | 24MiB/s|/home/crazy/temp/test-download/xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Pro_21.5.20_v12-11.zip

crazy@ThinkPad-P14s:~/temp/test-download$ md5sum xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Pro_21.5.20_v12-11.zip
f21a8525a4c27beeff7ccd46fbd6cd82 xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10Pro_21.5.20_v12-11.zip

which matches:

Reactions: katerpanne
Status
Not open for further replies.