MIUI 12.6 21.5.26/27

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
K20 / K20 Pro / Mi 9 are in same boat... MIUI is getting bigger and bigger (and without fully-optimized code, what the f*** Xiaomi...) and since we can't resize the partition of these old devices, I don't know if they will receive MIUI 13... ^^
But only k20 pro was delayed. Even older devices are updated. I think something else might be the real reason here. Partitions can be re-partitioned so that shouldn't be a problem.

Guys anyone have an issue with messenger bubble ? I can't enable it and its doesn't show
Device : Redmi note 8

Envoyé de mon SM-G965F en utilisant Tapatalk

Mi 10 (umi) - Cast and Screen cast (I'm not sure of the difference!) -
with both of these, my Mi 10 connects (puts the blue screen on my laptop, and before casting any picture, my phone reboots.
I rebooted separately both phone, and laptop (and checked for updates), and also did a factory reset on my phone (then reloaded my backup). It has made no difference - my phone still restarts.
Anyone else?

Last edited:
Mi9t battery charge and battery drain issue
After updating to MiUI 12.6, the charging slowed down, and battery drain fast
Any fix

Mi9t battery charge and battery drain issue
After updating to MiUI 12.6, the charging slowed down, and battery drain fast
Any fix
Welcome - your first post :)
A search would have found this message: "I don't know if you have seen this information before, but I do not know if you are aware that Miui 12.5 now uses AI smart charging to help with battery management. You can read about it here and here."
Also you need to be aware that these are BETA ROMs, and therefore can change in their settings, which in turn can affect your battery consumption.
You can read various items that I have posted on helping with your battery:
post #322, post #430, post #432, post #420.
The conclusion is that you will have to look at your own settings, assessing your own needs, and make adjustments so that you can get the best from your battery for the way that you use your phone.

Hi guys. I have one problem with this update. I have app kinohd where I see movies with mx player, after this update mx player have force close after 30-40 seconds this happen with mi movie app too.
How to fix this?
Thanks

Στάλθηκε από το MI 9 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Mi 10 (umi) - Cast and Screen cast (I'm not sure of the difference!) -
with both of these, my Mi 10 connects (puts the blue screen on my laptop, and before casting any picture, my phone reboots.
I rebooted separately both phone, and laptop (and checked for updates), and also did a factory reset on my phone (then reloaded my backup). It has made no difference - my phone still restarts.
Anyone else?
Me too with my mi 10. When I try to cast the phone reboots, I've tried with 2 different smart tv.

In forgoing versions I had problem with automatically changing from 60hz to 90hz after using power saving mode. Is this bug already solved in this version? (MI 11 lite 5G)

Poco F3 - rom 21.5.26
Hmm, I have no problem with notification
Did you also install via TWRP? TWRP is flashed? hmmm still no improvement after complete Wipe and reflash :-(

Somehow I am cursed with this, had the same Issues with Mi8 and went to Pixel ROM then.
Mabye it is because of me^^

Welcome - your first post :)
A search would have found this message: "I don't know if you have seen this information before, but I do not know if you are aware that Miui 12.5 now uses AI smart charging to help with battery management. You can read about it here and here."
Also you need to be aware that these are BETA ROMs, and therefore can change in their settings, which in turn can affect your battery consumption.
You can read various items that I have posted on helping with your battery:
post #322, post #430, post #432, post #420.
The conclusion is that you will have to look at your own settings, assessing your own needs, and make adjustments so that you can get the best from your battery for the way that you use your phone.
and what about the charging that slowed down
before 12.6 in 12.5 the fully drained device was getting charged in about 60 - 70 minutes, now same charger and the time of charging for same fully discharged phone is more than 100 minutes

Hi!
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but i'm desperate.
I accidentaly added a second google account to my phone. There should be an option to remove it under "Accounts and Sync" but there is not. Only "Sync". Please help.

Hi!
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but i'm desperate.
I accidentaly added a second google account to my phone. There should be an option to remove it under "Accounts and Sync" but there is not. Only "Sync". Please help.
Hello,
I don't know how you can "accidentaly" do that but it will be fixed in the next ROM update (this thursday or friday). ;)

before 12.6 in 12.5 the fully drained device was getting charged in about 60 - 70 minutes, now same charger and the time of charging for same fully discharged phone is more than 100 minutes
I suspect that the battery draining and the "more time to charge" represent the same problem, it's like to fill a pail with water ... if the pail has a hole it will take longer to fill it.
From Mi9 lite

Reactions: Poney70
When you install new ROMs, some new things are introduced on top of the old; some data might also be zeroed. I cannot say for the charging data, but if that is zeroed, in effect, then the AI may well have to start again from scratch, and pick up new data to work from. If, like in the battery, the settings are not good to start with, it is unlikely that the new ROM will be able to assess your own circumstances and improve you own specific consumption, ie. it is unlikely to make something out of nothing, unless there is a known bug.
YOU have to help it. YOU have to look at your own settings, as detailed from particular sections on the graph, under / Settings / Battery, and make your own adjustments according to your usage. Your usage may vary, in which case you may have to make compromises in your settings.

You may also want to check your hardware - if only to elminate it from potential causes. You may also want to check the details of the AI, to see if there are ways that you can help it.

You will see the theme throughout my posts that it is the user who has to look at their own settings, and usage, to make the best adjustments for themselves.

Battery life with Poco F2 Pro is still nothing to moan about, but yes, it's right - even with Turbo Charge it has taken longer till it's entirely full since 12.5.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition mit Tapatalk

Battery life with Poco F2 Pro is still nothing to moan about, but yes, it's right - even with Turbo Charge it has taken longer till it's entirely full since 12.5.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition mit Tapatalk
I very rarely use the turbo charge - only if I need a quick charge. As I have posted elsewhere, I tend to use the USB connection to my laptop to charge, and also for backing up, and transferring files. It is a gentle charge which might take a few hours to charge, and then I may leave it connected either for file transfers, or because I cannot be bothered to remove it!
I also sometimes let the charge drop quite low (maybe well below 10%) and then give it a gentle charge up to beyond 100%. 'Beyond' 100% because when it reaches 100% it is not yet fully charged. (Fortunately the battery widget I have created with Zooper tells me when it is fully charged.)

So, care and maintenance of the battery, I believe, is also important and relevant to its performance. There are articles on the internet that can give advice about the care of batteries.

Nope, not even possible with recovery ROMs. So it will definitely be a problem.
You sure would have a better idea of this but in general if a disk has partitions they have been made there so no reason they can't be re-made. But anyway i hope they give us at least a year worth of updates because i really don't see an upgrade on the current line up of phones. Sure they have better everything hardware wise but with a phone it's about the whole package and k20 pro hasn't been beat yet. Ofcourse one can have a phone with no updates for years but as a tech nerd it's still a pleasant idea to keep up at least with relatively new phones. Well i hope we see some updates and that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.