MIUI 12.6 21.6.2

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"about miui optimization"

Of course not. It's hidden intentionally, because you have no business disabling them, and unlocking a hefty amount of issues in the process. It'll remain hidden.

Very interesting... Everybody with Xiaomi phones around me , after turned off optimization, got better system, include battery, responsiveness, and other good benefits....

Very interesting... Everybody with Xiaomi phones around me , after turned off optimization, got better system, include battery, responsiveness, and other good benefits....
We don't support using our ROM with MIUI optimizations turned off. Use a different ROM if that's what you believe.

Reactions: Ratzfatz
Mi 10. If I turn dark mode based on sunrise/sunset it turns dark mode at 18:05 even if in my city sunset is about 20:57 (Google search). How to fix clock? Thanks

Edit: maybe I fixed it. I opened weather app and now my phone probably knows where I am. Will update if its fixed
Ok, 19:56 turned dark mode on when Google says sunset in my city is 20:56

We don't support using our ROM with MIUI optimizations turned off. Use a different ROM if that's what you believe.

There is nothing about beliefs here. Sadly, miui has the only dialer that provide endless call history offline. I mean it store entries in system, not online. The day when miui dialer will work really in custom roms, i will flee from miui. Until that, i do anything to make my miui system flawless., and disable optimization is the cornerstone of that... :)

I will see if "older" stable releases has the option i need.

There is nothing about beliefs here. Sadly, miui has the only dialer that provide endless call history offline. I mean it store entries in system, not online. The day when miui dialer will work really in custom roms, i will flee from miui. Until that, i do anything to make my miui system flawless., and disable optimization is the cornerstone of that... :)

I will see if "older" stable releases has the option i need.

You probably could disable that from the command line.

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
Hi there, I would appreciate your quick explanation of the dual app issue, just to make sure I understand it correctly and decide on the best way forward. I have never needed dual apps before, but soon I am going to have to add a work mobile from a 2nd sim to my Mi9 Cepheus, and would need to have WhatsApp on my work and private number. My place of work is going to be very remote (limited bandwidth and data - pity not to be able to keep up to date with ROM developments more frequently), so it is best for me to have a version ROM that can have the dual app setup working properly, before I travel:

So I guess here is my question:
Do I understand correctly that, as it currently stands, only A10 MIUI versions (both official EEA and XIaomi.eu) properly work with dual apps, more specifically WhatsApp?
Or is there an A11 stable / weekly that from your experience is working fine using 2 WhatsApp accounts? I am currently on 21.5.12.

Many thanks for your explanations and recommendations!

Hi there, I would appreciate your quick explanation of the dual app issue, just to make sure I understand it correctly and decide on the best way forward. I have never needed dual apps before, but soon I am going to have to add a work mobile from a 2nd sim to my Mi9 Cepheus, and would need to have WhatsApp on my work and private number. My place of work is going to be very remote (limited bandwidth and data - pity not to be able to keep up to date with ROM developments more frequently), so it is best for me to have a version ROM that can have the dual app setup working properly, before I travel:

So I guess here is my question:
Do I understand correctly that, as it currently stands, only A10 MIUI versions (both official EEA and XIaomi.eu) properly work with dual apps, more specifically WhatsApp?
Or is there an A11 stable / weekly that from your experience is working fine using 2 WhatsApp accounts? I am currently on 21.5.12.

Many thanks for your explanations and recommendations!
I have Mi 9T and dual WhatsApp.
The only issues I see are:

1) From that second WhatsApp, if I choose to attach a picture, when it opens Gallery I see a very limited number of photos (mostly the months old ones or something) - while with the first WhatsApp, I properly see in Gallery my photos and screenshots.
However, I don't otherwise use the Gallery at all, hence I simply switch to select the picture from Files, navigate to DCIM/Canera or to Pictures/Screenshots (or anywhere else) and that way I can attach any picture I want (to the first or second WhatsApp).
Also, once I take a picture, I can share it directly from Camera app either to my first or second WhatsApp.
And when I receive a picture (or other file) by either first or second WA instance, if I need, I can save it (Share/Copy to) e.g. to Downloads folder.
Therefore I don't give a ... for the above 'issue' with a Gallery and the second WA instance - it's not an issue for me

2) When backing-up Data from TWRP, to avoid an error, I have to delete the empty (!) folder /data/extm
Since the folder is already empty, I don't loose anything when I delete it before the back-up. Again, not an issue for me

Sorry if I'm missing something - some other (real) issue with the dual WhatsApp?!

Last edited:
Reactions: MiMallows
I have Mi 9T and dual WhatsApp.
The only issues I see are:

1) From that second WhatsApp, if I choose to attach a picture, when it opens Gallery I see a very limited number of photos (mostly the months old ones or something) - while with the first WhatsApp, I properly see in Gallery my photos and screenshots.
However, I don't otherwise use the Gallery at all, hence I simply switch to select the picture from Files, navigate to DCIM/Canera or to Pictures/Screenshots (or anywhere else) and that way I can attach any picture I want (to the first or second WhatsApp).
Also, once I take a picture, I can share it directly from Camera app either to my first or second WhatsApp.
And when I receive a picture (or other file) by either first or second WA instance, if I need, I can save it (Share/Copy to) e.g. to Downloads folder.
Therefore I don't give a ... for the above 'issue' with a Gallery and the second WA instance - it's not an issue for me

2) When backing-up Data from TWRP, to avoid an error, I have to delete the empty (!) folder /data/extm
Since the folder is already empty, I don't loose anything when I delete it before the back-up. Again, not an issue for me

Sorry if I'm missing something - some other (real) issue with the dual WhatsApp?!
Thank you so much for the detailed reply! It helps a lot! If these are the only limitations and there are workarounds, then I can deal with that :)

If others have anything else to contribute or elaborate on, feel free to do so.

That command is not work anymore. :(

I won't post it here, we have to respect the developer position on that matter.
You can ask google or PM me, but I'm sure it does, see the attached screenshot as an example.

Attachments

• 1623011638021.jpg
    1623011638021.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 221
Hey @Igor Eisberg and @ingbrzy I know this is probably not the right place to ask but I couldn't find a section for additional features, since I don't know how much of the updater is based on your engineering, I wonder if it could be possible to incorporate a "skip recent update" function?

Or better "skip this update" or "mute updater notification for a week" or something like this.

I ask b/c sometimes people might wanna just skip an update either because they like the current one for battery or they aren't affected by a bug.

Right now the updater is quite persisting to inform like 25 times a day about the new update.

So, just let me / us know about your opinion, would it make sense / be worth the effort to let us skip an update without hassle?

Thx and regards.

Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra.

Hey @Igor Eisberg and @ingbrzy I know this is probably not the right place to ask but I couldn't find a section for additional features, since I don't know how much of the updater is based on your engineering, I wonder if it could be possible to incorporate a "skip recent update" function?

Or better "skip this update" or "mute updater notification for a week" or something like this.

I ask b/c sometimes people might wanna just skip an update either because they like the current one for battery or they aren't affected by a bug.

Right now the updater is quite persisting to inform like 25 times a day about the new update.

So, just let me / us know about your opinion, would it make sense / be worth the effort to let us skip an update without hassle?

Thx and regards.

Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra.
We two are not the developers of the Updater app. @ZduneX25 is your guy.

Idk if is my problem or someone have the same, but when I'm listening Spotify and I receive a notification the music stop then resume after, even when I sent a message on WhatsApp the sound of the message sent stop the music, before the update the music was working fine as always

Idk if is my problem or someone have the same, but when I'm listening Spotify and I receive a notification the music stop then resume after, even when I sent a message on WhatsApp the sound of the message sent stop the music, before the update the music was working fine as always

I tested that with other apps is working as expected. I'm not a Spotify user so no idea what this app is doing, maybe there is some settings to prevent that in Spotify itself ?

At least make it back to f2fs. Changing format almost surely caused an issue. Also during that format you probably deleted almost everything... Try to flash the stock rom with xiaomi flash tool and try the whole process again. If ~everything fails, find an edl certified technician to reflash the stock rom for your through edl mode.

I did a clean install with Mi Flash, unlocked bootloader again and installed .eu weekly without any problem now. Thanks! :)

I Think the problem was i tried to install the TWRP.img instead of rom the first time, so i messed up the partitions, and then my desperate tried to fix with format was all for nothing.

Lesson to learn: Don't transfer the wrong file and try to install.

--

btw, can't get "overlay" from phone app anymore. Someone knowhow to turn on in 12.6? So when im in a call i'll get a small bubble if i minimize the phone app.

Does MIUI 12.6 have option to turn on battery saver at certain battery percentage (i.e. 15%)? I can't find it under settings. Thanx in advance

@Poney70 Thank, you. I use Xiaomi Cloud and dont ever use this ADBtools but I try it now and uninstalled Mi cloud, reinstalled it, and it works now.
sorry, how do you reinstall Mi cloud apk?
i've found the original apk but when i try to install it, the system say me tahat i have it installed in second space. But i don't use second space.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.