MIUI 12.6 21.6.23

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. So i followed the guide to install Xiaomi.EU rom on POCO F3.
Steps taken:

1) Unlock the bootloader after 168 hours
2) Device is reset to factory after the unlock and i continue setup and don't SET ANY PASSWORD until main screen to activate developer tools and USB debugging again
3) I transfer TWRP and reboot to Fastboot mode
4) Using the console i install TWRP and boot into TWRP and install TWRP to ramdisk. So far internal storage is accessible on the PC
5) Then i go to Wipe->Format Data->Yes
6) Now Internal storage on the PC shows as empty (no size is shown), even after a reboot to TWRP and i've checked DATA folder shows as mounted.

I saw a guy on YT that used OTG adapter to copy the ROM into a USB drive then mount it on the phone and install it from there. However i don't have such an adapter.

What can i do?

Kind regards

@St0RM53 Hello, you should install the ROM first (when possible) THEN format data (and reboot, that's all). ;)

But now you can use adb command to push the ROM in internal storage, my guide is available here => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...l-storage-is-not-accessible.61941/post-616126

EDIT: For REDMI K40/POCO F3 devices, the perfect guide to install - for the first time - a Xiaomi.eu ROM is available here => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...u-rom-for-redmi-k40-poco-f3-using-twrp.61851/

:)

Last edited:
@St0RM53 Hello, you should install the ROM first (when possible) THEN format data (and reboot, that's all). ;)

But now you can use adb command to push the ROM in internal storage, my guide is available here => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...l-storage-is-not-accessible.61941/post-616126

EDIT: For REDMI K40/POCO F3 devices, the perfect guide to install - for the first time - a Xiaomi.eu ROM is available here => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...u-rom-for-redmi-k40-poco-f3-using-twrp.61851/

:)

Thanks a lot, i'll give it a try

edit:
Transfer complete. Installing now. I believe i'll have to re-format after?

edit2: I didn't re-format and booted to system (same slot, B in my case)

Why the heck the guide on first page says to Format BEFORE installing the ROM though!??!?

Last edited:
I'm using Mi 11 Ultra with 21.6.23. Color will be inverted in certain apps while using dark mode

I know this has been asked here: Gesture not working at poco launcher | Xiaomi European Community

but is there really no-way to transfer the POCO launcher from the original MIUI rom and have full gestures working with the POCO launcher?

also another question:

When next beta release comes out how do i update without losing everything?
Also if i want to go back to stable (lower version) can i update without losing my stuff?

I know this has been asked here: Gesture not working at poco launcher | Xiaomi European Community

but is there really no-way to transfer the POCO launcher from the original MIUI rom and have full gestures working with the POCO launcher?

also another question:

Also if i want to go back to stable (lower version) can i update without losing my stuff?
simple answers:
NO
YES
NO

Reactions: St0RM53 and biscoot
Sorry, Disagrees.
From the moment of the upgrade, the battery started to really fast drain.
Before that it was absolutely excellent.

Is it possible to make a downgrade for early version for a checking?
Well, it is fine to disagree, but the second sentence kinda points to what I am saying, the ROM needs to complete some procedures after an update, which only happen when certain conditions are met, as explained in the thread I linked. Sometimes this fails even with the conditions fulfilled. Did you read the thread? Do the adb commands? Was the any difference? There are not a lot of people mentioning the problem, doesn't this point you in the direction that it might not be the common case?
Anyway regarding the downgrade it is a hit and miss sometimes it might be possible to go back a weekly but more often than not you end up in a bootloop.

Last edited:
Can someone with a ginkgo check/confirm for me whether casting works on their device.
At present it crashes the phone, which was happening a few weeklies ago but was later working fine and this was happening to a few devices.
It would not suprise if Xiaomi broke something they fixed but it may well be that it is only my device and/or something I did, so I need some info.

also another question:

why do you ask if you know the answer ... katastrophe ....

Steps taken:

2) Device is reset to factory after the unlock and i continue setup and don't SET ANY PASSWORD until main screen to activate developer tools and USB debugging again
4) Using the console i install TWRP and boot into TWRP and install TWRP to ramdisk. So far internal storage is accessible on the PC
6) Now Internal storage on the PC shows as empty (no size is shown), even after a reboot to TWRP and i've checked DATA folder shows as mounted.

I saw a guy on YT that used OTG adapter to copy the ROM into a USB drive then mount it on the phone and install it from there. However i don't have such an adapter.

What can i do?

Kind regards
Obviously, in TWRP you had to install first, then to Format

Now, stay in TWRP, connect the PC, wait for PC to install driver (TWRP also supports Media Transfer Protocol), then copy the ROM zip file from PC to the phone and install

Edit: I see from the follow-up posts, you were already answered and you successfully installed

Last edited:
Steps taken:

What can i do?

Kind regards

you have to copy the rom-file that you want to install to your device ... of course !

• Haha
Good morning to our team ... I can not upgrade even though I have put the file on the phone, but when I go to TWRP it does not show me the disk with the upgrade file, but other system files. What should I do in Mi 11 pro?

Good morning to our team ... I can not upgrade even though I have put the file on the phone, but when I go to TWRP it does not show me the disk with the upgrade file, but other system files. What should I do in Mi 11 pro?
Good morning! You can browse in /data/media/0, it's the location of the internal storage of your device. ;)

Good morning! You can browse in /data/media/0, it's the location of the internal storage of your device. ;)
Wow, you saved me. Thank you very much once again. That would say support. After install, which cleaning do I do?

Wow, you saved me. Thank you very much once again. That would say support. After install, which cleaning do I do?
No cleaning to do, reboot your device (select the same slot letter than the current one and reboot to System) and wait ~5-10 minutes to let it boot (first boot after ROM installation is always longer). ;)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: dikemon
poney told it about 3697 times what about to use the search function? this is not a chat group… if poney is not available nobody will answer you…
I do not chat with anyone, I just posted 2 times in here and I got immediate answers from someone and I considered it my duty to thank him ... I do not understand why you interfere in my messages that have nothing to do with mobile and upgrade .. evil and stupidity!I do not know English and everything is with Google translation!

Reactions: sergiomc
Status
Not open for further replies.