MIUI 12.6 21.6.23

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks developers for there hard job :D

- only i found one issue that DarkMode in some application makes the text dark too and some pictures turn color to blue
+ i like to see Instagram and TikTok on GameTurbo shortcut apps, so i can use Instagram while waiting for the game match starts

(CMI MI10PRO)

again thanks Xiaomi.EU team for great job

I have a feeling that whenever the phone recognises that it has 1gb of ram remaining it starts killing apps...
Even if you use the pin feature.
Do you keep a check on how many apps autostart, and how many remain in recents, and how many are locked in? These all take up memory.

Thanks developers for there hard job :D

- only i found one issue that DarkMode in some application makes the text dark too and some pictures turn color to blue
+ i like to see Instagram and TikTok on GameTurbo shortcut apps, so i can use Instagram while waiting for the game match starts

(CMI MI10PRO)

again thanks Xiaomi.EU team for great job
- We don't discuss Dark mode here any more ;)
+ Have you tried using Floating apps, or Locking in Recents?

Reactions: biscoot and geoorg
It sounds as though it could be unique to your phone. If data is not too critical, I would suggest a Factory reset. If data is important, then you could back up your data (with eg. Titanium backup), and also do a TWRP (nandroid) backup, and then a Factory reset. Then test to see if it is cured. You could then decide whether to do a restore of just the apps, and/or then maybe try a full restore.
See if anyone else comes up with any other ideas as well.
Thank you.

Data is very important to me, I bought such an expensive phone because it is the only device which I use daily (so I don't need a computer).
I would prefer to avoid factory reset, especially that a few days ago I installed xiaomi.eu to a "clean" phone, and I set it up manually. So I don't see the reason to do a factory reset because I did not "break" or significantly modify the firmware (apart from rooting it).

Until now I cleaned the data of the rear display app, installed busybox through Magisk and restarted the phone. The animations problem disappeared.... I really don't know what could cause it and what step fixed it.

Thank you.

Data is very important to me, I bought such an expensive phone because it is the only device which I use daily (so I don't need a computer).
I would prefer to avoid factory reset, especially that a few days ago I installed xiaomi.eu to a "clean" phone, and I set it up manually. So I don't see the reason to do a factory reset because I did not "break" or significantly modify the firmware (apart from rooting it).

Until now I cleaned the data of the rear display app, installed busybox through Magisk and restarted the phone. The animations problem disappeared.... I really don't know what could cause it and what step fixed it.
To quote the TWRP FAQs, What should I wipe in TWRP?, "...However, if you encounter strange behavior, then you may want to consider performing a factory reset."
I really wonder about the wisdom of using the weekly Beta ROM on your phone when your data is so important. I presume that you are making, and keeping, very regular backups.
You may want to consider using the Stable ROM. It does not contain all the cutting-edge features as are in the weekly ROMs, but you should not encounter any problems and is much more reliable, and stable.

Wow!
Really?

Buh how about system updates?
Don't they reset it?
I'm using stock rom and I'm rooted using magisk and the good thing about rooting your phone you can block ads,remove the ****** memory management of MIUI,change fonts so easy and many more,I'm not using EU rom anymore in my RN8,but if they fix the lag in streaming apps like Twitch and youtube I'll use it again
Btw,I'm using 3GB ram variant it so much better now and smooth after flashing custom kernel(Ryzen kernel) + Memory management module.And if you asking about the System Update just download the Recovery rom and flash it thru custom recovery

Lol, rooting ~is freedom. I ~can't use a non rooted phone.
I think, TWRP is root enough. You can do everything relevant there. After every update I let run a shell script cleaning up/ debloating the system, putting my sound files in place and so on. Afterwards no root necessary. If you're rooting and you don't know what you're exactly doing, e.g. configuring iptables etc. IMHO security is totally fcked and then people are complaining that there aren't the last "security updates" LOL.

Reactions: LOLO9393
I think, TWRP is root enough. You can do everything relevant there. After every update I let run a shell script cleaning up/ debloating the system, putting my sound files in place and so on. Afterwards no root necessary. If you're rooting and you don't know what you're exactly doing, e.g. configuring iptables etc. IMHO security is totally fcked and then people are complaining that there aren't the last "security updates" LOL.
Well, with root I can have LP (with lsposed module that lets you downgrade apps), swift backup, lsposed, total commander with root (root file explorer without waiting twrp ~5mins to boot up), controlled charging, improved battery/system monitoring, a rooted terminal emulator etc. I have eset for security and try to be careful, but eh. In fact, with root I had managed to remove a spyware my previous' phone firm (ulefone) had installed with an update (fota.provider)...

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Iain_B
Well, with root I can have LP (with lsposed module that lets you downgrade apps), swift backup, lsposed, total commander with root (root file explorer without waiting twrp ~5mins to boot up), controlled charging, improved battery/system monitoring, a rooted terminal emulator etc. I have eset for security and try to be careful, but eh. In fact, with root I had managed to remove a spyware the firm had installed with an update (fota.provider)...
I know and without doubt there are conveniences ;-)

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
I noticed that on my MI9T some applications take longer to open than on other versions, for example, Google Chrome, Facebook, Whatsapp... And there is a small delay in the animations

I noticed that on my MI9T some applications take longer to open than on other versions, for example, Google Chrome, Facebook, Whatsapp... And there is a small delay in the animations
You may want to look at post #95 and see if that helps.
You could also look at reducing the number of apps on Autostart, and clearing Recents, and reducing the number of Locked apps.

Reactions: RCSales
You may want to look at post #95 and see if that helps.
You could also look at reducing the number of apps on Autostart, and clearing Recents, and reducing the number of Locked apps.
Thanks, but I did the clean install and still feel this difference compared to the stable one

I edited this part cuz it looked like xiaomi installed spyware, oops. :emoji_upside_down:
In case you were wondering, my 'wow' was because of all of the apps that you use Magisk for.
My most used one is for scheduled Titanium backup (twice weekly), an occasional root explorer and (very rarely now) Lucky Patcher. As @mankokoma said, I also use TWRP for some file operations, but yes, it is quite a long wait to get into it.

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
I'll have to disagree. I know, dark mode isn't very stable, but this specific week's rom changed something. I think indeed there are apps that while in the past were working ok, now they have colors inverted and turning off dark mode doesn't fix this. It may not be for every single app, but this issue is new and it exists. I'm ~not very annoyed by this, but "cancelling" bugs probably drives the developement in the wrong way. And xiaomi.eu team may not have control over this, but ~don't say there isn't such bug. This person here has ~exactly that issue.

What are you on about bro?
Im sorry i dont have this 'dark mode' issue maybe it because of how i update e.g (clear ram memory, wipe cache and dalvik and package cache folder then update) and i do not get 99% of bugs others seem to report.
Maybe its a coincidence who knows? but calling it a rom bug well... wouldn't it affect every device? Not just you and a few other people? it seems the majority of people don't have this bug?

When i have an issue the first point of failure i assume is me not the developers? Then i google to find if other xiaomi users outside here have the same issue then check here to see if others have reported it and if i see it reported i just wait... Maybe you should try this method it seems to please most people

Im sure the devs here like igor have more important things to do than read my comment and 'drive development in a wrong way' give them more credit man!

Hope you find your fix soon❤️

Reactions: Iain_B and geoorg
This is a bug in the estimation of the battery life. It is pretty easy to see it.

An easy test to see is buggy and that estimation around 24h ( depending on the device ) remains somewhat static is this:
Enable dark mode, watch what is telling you, disable dark mode, it will recommend you to turn in ON and save 1h++, turn it on,
watch the estimation. Nothing changes.

Ignore that in the weekly ROM, what you have to do is to set up your phone the way you are using it, after that, enable USB debugging and run:

adb shell cmd package bg-dexopt-job

( search the forum for a howto )

Once you've done all that, plug in the charger, turn off the phone and charge to 100%.

Turn on and use the phone as always.
thanks I will try but what would you can explain to me

On Mi 9T the home gesture continues to not work sometimes, to make it work again I have to restart the phone, last weeklys had the same issue too

This is a bug in the estimation of the battery life. It is pretty easy to see it.

An easy test to see is buggy and that estimation around 24h ( depending on the device ) remains somewhat static is this:
Enable dark mode, watch what is telling you, disable dark mode, it will recommend you to turn in ON and save 1h++, turn it on,
watch the estimation. Nothing changes.

Ignore that in the weekly ROM, what you have to do is to set up your phone the way you are using it, after that, enable USB debugging and run:

adb shell cmd package bg-dexopt-job

( search the forum for a howto )

Once you've done all that, plug in the charger, turn off the phone and charge to 100%.

Turn on and use the phone as always.
time on a post I read that there was an adb command to do the android optimization could you tell me which one it is

Status
Not open for further replies.