MIUI 12.6 21.8.18

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, since the last version where the miui.eu updater was updated, when downloading an update, the mobile phone becomes too slow causing a delay and the closing of "Updater stopped working" even while the update is downloading or trying to access to the updater for several attempts.

This did not happen in previous versions of the updater.

Xiaomi Mi 9T, it has happened to me when going up from 21.8.11 to the latter (21.8.18).

Video to report bug: https://www.filemail.com/d/kitznhfgziuubfe and log in attach files.

me too, I have a xiaomi mi 9

Read the message, can't launch it on rooted devices. You need to hide the Root on Magisk, and don't forget to hide Magisk with random package name on Magisk settings. If you have adblocker like AdAway, try to disable it too
I don't have magisk

Not sure if the problem is in the language.
What device? I'll check out the repository.

Sorry that I repeat my question, but I would like to know if there is the possibility to use gestures with another launcher than stock launcher? I was always using fluid gestures which works very well.

@ingbrzy
@Orjon

Just checked both Polish and Russian, it works fine on Mi 10T Lite. Probably your configuration is messed up.

Can you check the display of the % sign?
English locale: nn%
All other locales: nn % (there is a space between the value and % in the values in the Security app). Why?

Sorry that I repeat my question, but I would like to know if there is the possibility to use gestures with another launcher than stock launcher? I was always using fluid gestures which works very well.

Yes it's possible. I also use fluid gestures beta with nova launcher.
You need magisk, the magiskhide props config module, a terminal with root (eg termux) and then you must enter the following line followed by confirm with yes to hide the original nav bar.

props qemu.hw.mainkeys 1

So the navbar disappears and the fluid gestures are the only remaining. You must do this with every update.

Yes it's possible. I also use fluid gestures beta with nova launcher.
You need magisk, the magiskhide props config module, a terminal with root (eg termux) and then you must enter the following line followed by confirm with yes to hide the original nav bar.

props qemu.hw.mainkeys 1

So the navbar disappears and the fluid gestures are the only remaining. You must do this with every update.

You can do without a terminal. Magisk module with the string "qemu.hw.mainkeys=1" in the file system.prop
No action is required after firmware updates.

Attachments

• hide-navbar-module.zip.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 137
These latest versions turn my Mi 9T into a wheelbarrow... I think i will continue with 20.9.17 + 66 hz oc mmmhh

MI9

1. there's nothing new in this ROM.
2. security update is still 2021-05-01.

i lost a notes widget. i can add it on the screen but i cannot resize it to 3x4. the standard launcher is not functional…

Reactions: Cebrero
Hi all, i have One question...is it possible to update with magisk installed? or the phone freezes?

Inviato dal mio M2002J9E utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi all, i have One question...is it possible to update with magisk installed? or the phone freezes?
I have never uninstalled Magisk when I have installed a new ROM.
Each time a new ROM is installed, it over-writes Magisk.
Typically, you would install the new ROM, and then install Magisk.

Reactions: Poney70 and geoorg
Does control center lag on pressing the toggles. Toggles takes some time to respond on last week's build. Waiting your reply before I update.
I use the classic style so am not sure. Just switched to check your request - seems normal to me. No annoying delay. So I think it's hard to say, coz I got absolutely fresh settings for the feature. But couldn't even tell, which app to clear cache or data to reset the control center...

Reactions: MrZee
Are you using the MIUI Launcher or not? I guess not. ;)

Indeed, i don't.

I tried different launchers, and it only seems to work with System Launcher, even Poco Launcher has the same problem.

As i seem forced to use system launcher, an additional (slightly off topic) question to those using it: Is there a possibility to save your launcher layout (apps and folders) in order to be able to restore it after factory reset or formatting the data partition? Microsoft Launcher(which i'm using now) has that feature, and it makes life with different ROMs much easier....

I have never uninstalled Magisk when I have installed a new ROM.
Each time a new ROM is installed, it over-writes Magisk.
Typically, you would install the new ROM, and then install Magisk.

Must we still boot one time with the new flashed update, before installing magisk again? I believe in earlier days that was recommended.

Must we still boot one time with the new flashed update, before installing magisk again? I believe in earlier days that was recommended.

yes it is better… and before update disable all modules, sometimes eg smali patcher or viper has to be updated or it will end in a bootloop

Status
Not open for further replies.