MIUI 13 22.6.22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does bumble notification look like in 22.6.17 or xioami did a rollback?
Screenshot_2022-06-24-11-06-27-502_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

I cant also find any proper instructions, or link how to Flash Twrp. The devs assume everyone knows. There is a high risk to brick the phone if you do wrong step(I already did once and I had to pay Some Russian 50€ to unbrick it online) Fastboot was already working for me weekly without a problem. I know TWRP is simpler, but I have no idea how it works on this A/B slot phones like Star. Why cant the Devs provide links for both Fastboot and TWRP of the same ROM. They just switch and wish you good luck bricking or not bricking your Phone. Please can some provide Proper steps.. and does it mean data is lost with TWRP method?
If you don't know how to flash twrp without instructions maybe you shouldn't install custom ROMs

Instructions for A/B equipment ( All devices before Mi 11 era (except Mi 10S, Redmi Note 10 Pro Global iirc) are non-AB).

Updates via TWRP:
- Insert the ROM into the phone.
1. Download TWRP to PC and rename it to twrp.img https://dl.akr-developers.com/?dir=skkk/TWRP/A12/v3.7_A12
2. Connect the phone to the PC in fastboot mode.
3. Run TWRP fastboot command
Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img
4. Install ROM
5. Reboot system

How to change the language in TWRP.
You are the man! Install successfully on poco f3. Thanks for your help!

Reactions: TheSky
Instead of the command fastboot boot twrp.img and then Install <twrp.img> via TWRP's recovery, can I use fastboot flash recovery twrp.img for Mi 10T (apollo) and then fastboot reboot recovery?

Last edited:
How can i root my phone using twrp (as new rom is recovery rom)?

Device: POCO f3
1) From TWRP, make a backup of Boot (it will contain your already installed TWRP to Boot)
2) Install Magisk APK (this is only application, you have no root yet), download from Magisk Github
3) From Magisk app, choose Install on top, Patch and navigate to the backed-up boot.emmc.win (don't worry that it's not img - it is img, and you don't need to rename).
Do not enable Recovery option - leave as is
4) Reboot to TWRP and install the patched boot img to Boot.
Or even better, firdt from Fastboot:
fastboot boot <patched boot img>
and if it works correctly, then
fastboot flash boot <patched boot img>
or install then from TWRP as above

Alternatively, rename the downioaded magisk APK to install.zip and flash from TWRP - btw, you can try, TWRP should even recognize magisk APK as the installation ZIP if you don't rename

Then, you will have both TWRP and Magisk in your Boot. Normal boot will boot to System+Magisk, boot to recovery will boot to TWRP

And in future you can update Xiaomi.eu from your TWRP.

IWhen updating Magisk, just use the Magisk application, Install and take Direct install

Last edited:
Can I still install this update by fastboot or do I need to do it through TWRP and recovery?
Post #1. Table. Find your device (first two columns).
Check firmware type (last column).

If firmware is Fastboot type - you have to use fastboot.
If firmware is Recovery type - out have to use TWRP.
If it says Delayed - there is no update for the particular device yet

Recovery type zip has instructions for zip, not bat files for fastboot, hence cannot be used for flashing from fastboot.
And vice versa

IMO, should have been obvious (but people don't dare to read OP posts)

Last edited:
hey
Today I installed the 22.6.22 on my Mi11 Lite 5g, so I'm very satisfied. My fingerprint scanner and double tap to sleep works again.
I appreciated that the launcher offered a 5x7 setting.
But if I switch off the signature of the icons, only a maximum of 4X7 or 5X6 is available.
Is that a bug or does it have a reason.

With my Poco F3, I install twrp and everything is OK but I don't see anything (folder or file) in sdcard. Why?
Ok I know why: I must digit the unlock code. (so stupid!)

Last edited:
Post #1. Table. Find your device (first two columns).
Check firmware type (last column).

If firmware is Fastboot type - you have to use fastboot.
If firmware is Recovery type - out have to use TWRP.
If it says Delayed - there is no update for the particular device yet

Recovery type zip has instructions for zip, not bat files for fastboot, hence cannot be used for flashing from fastboot.
And vice versa

IMO, should have been obvious (but people don't dare to read OP posts)
Actually I read it but didnt know if I could still update by fastboot too, per my question.

Thanks for answering, no thanks for being miserable and wrong about what happened though

Status
Not open for further replies.