MIUI 14 23.1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downgrading twrp Version has to be done via fastboot? If current TWRP isn't working anymore, correct ?

I really think that this thread needs a better explanation about how each device works, how TWRP is flashed first time, how it's updated depending on the device. I see a lot of different experiences here with a lot of good and bad results in the mix.
The official way to install it the first time for all of the devices is fastboot boot twrp.img and then flash the appropriate rom. TWRP will be permanently installed, and updated along with the rom.
The other methods are just alternative workarounds I've been trying to provide for people who won't just use fastboot like they're told. Props to Camerado for compiling the list above.

Last edited:
Reactions: Imtuga
Code:
fastboot flash recovery_ab twrp.img
12S Ultra (thor)
12 Pro (zeus)
12 (cupid)
12S Pro (unicorn)
12T Pro / Redmi K50 Ultra (diting)
POCO F4 GT / Redmi K50 Gaming (ingres)
12S (mayfly)

Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img
Mi 10S (thyme)
Mi 11 Pro (mars)
Mi 11 Ultra (star)
Mi 11 (venus)
POCO F3 / Redmi K40 (alioth)
Mi 11i / Redmi K40 Pro/+ (haydn)
MIX 4 (odin)
12X (psyche)
POCO F4 / Redmi K40S (munch)
Devs, please sticky this and hopefully a lot of unnecessary questions won't be asked repeatedly (though people likely won't read it anyway).

You dont need to downgrade, you need to upgrade, if you are comming from MIUI 13 and if you use the older TRWP
Ok , but it has to be done via fastboot,right, bcuz current TWRP isn't working anymore. I ****ed up current TWRP installation, wrong version. s**t happens

Xiaomi 12 Cupid successfully flashed. 1. "fastboot flash recovery_ab twrp.img" 2. Reboot into TWRP with power button and volume up. 3. In TWRP "flash current twrp" 4. Flash ROM 5. Reboot into the system 6. Have fun with the new version

Thanks to the developers

Screenshot_2023-01-08-15-26-30-417_com.android.settings.jpg

The official way to install it the first time for all of the devices is fastboot boot twrp.img and then flash the appropriate rom. TWRP will be permanently installed, and updated along with the rom.
Again my question: I still have twrp-3.6.2_12... on my 12X, which I used to install/update my Xiaomi-EUs. Do I need to update it to 3.7.0 or can I just install the new Xiaomi-EU using my old twrp?

Hi guys!

One question: is Android auto upgradable via PlayStore? The question is simple, as system apps on .eu roms aren't upgradable.
The coolwalk is finally starting to be deployed and it's an important issue for me, I use android auto daily...

Regards,
Vitor Correia

Hi guys!

One question: is Android auto upgradable via PlayStore? The question is simple, as system apps on .eu roms aren't upgradable.
The coolwalk is finally starting to be deployed and it's an important issue for me, I use android auto daily...

Regards,
Vitor Correia
Android Auto is not a Xiaomi system app, but a Google system app which can be updated via the playstore if an update is available

Reactions: RestarTmen
The other methods are just alternative workarounds I've been trying to provide for people who won't just use fastboot like they're told. Props to Camerado for compiling the list above.
The "alternative" method for "Poco F3" (Alioth - A/B device type) if MIUI 13 EU and TWRP A12 by SKKK already installed and running:

1) Download Weekly 23.1.3 .Dev Beta and TWRP v6.6 A13 by SKKK into internal Poco F3 storage.
2) Reboot into current Recovery A12 <insert PIN>
3) Advanced / Install Recovery Ramdisk / <downloaded Recovery A13 file above> / <reboot to Recovery>
4) After rebooted into the new installed TWRP A13 <insert PIN> / Install / <downloaded Weekly 23.1.3 file above> / <reboot to System>
5) Done! MIUI 14 EU and TWRP A13 already installed on your device

"OR"

You can use the official method through the Step-By-Step Guide

The "alternative" method for "Poco F3" (Alioth - A/B device type) if MIUI 13 EU and TWRP A12 by SKKK already installed and running:

1) Download Weekly 23.1.3 .Dev Beta and TWRP v6.6 A13 by SKKK into internal Poco F3 storage.
3) Advanced / Install Recovery Ramdisk / <downloaded Recovery A13 file above> / <reboot to Recovery>
4) After rebooted into the new installed TWRP A13 <insert PIN> / Install / <downloaded Weekly 23.1.3 file above> / <reboot to System>

"OR"

Yep. I posted exactly the same a few pages back.

@Airmi This has already been answered multiple times. Temporarily boot the skkk a13 twrp build intended for your device using fastboot and then flash the rom using the temporarily booted recovery. Then the newer TWRP will be permanently installed along with the rom so that OTA updates will work for upcoming releases.

Last edited:
TWRP has disappeared from recovery and is MIUI 5.0 version instead.

I am having issues with booting new TWRP via fastboot getting this error:

C:\adb\platform-tools>fastboot boot TWRP.img
Downloading 'boot.img' FAILED (remote: 'unknown command')
Finished. Total time: 0.034s

I have tried with the original filename and tried

C:\adb\platform-tools>fastboot boot C:\adb\platform-tools\twrp-3.7.0_12-v6.6_A13-star-skkk.img

Does anyone have any suggestions?

TWRP has disappeared from recovery and is MIUI 5.0 version instead.

I am having issues with booting new TWRP via fastboot getting this error:

C:\adb\platform-tools>fastboot boot TWRP.img
Downloading 'boot.img' FAILED (remote: 'unknown command')
Finished. Total time: 0.034s

I have tried with the original filename and tried

C:\adb\platform-tools>fastboot boot C:\adb\platform-tools\twrp-3.7.0_12-v6.6_A13-star-skkk.img

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Nothing here makes any sense and I don't know where you got those platform-tools from.
How did "fastboot boot TWRP.img" end up in "Downloading 'boot.img'" when "boot.img" was never mentioned in the command. Nonsense.

Nothing here makes any sense and I don't know where you got those platform-tools from.
How did "fastboot boot TWRP.img" end up in "Downloading 'boot.img'" when "boot.img" was never mentioned in the command. Nonsense.
Very perplexing indeed. adb is in my C drive

I renamed TWRP.img to TWRP.img.img (as I have view file extension on) and booting into that seemed to work.

Got into TWRP and flashed ramdisk and current TWRP version so all good now with current weekly installed.

Before recovery went to Miui5.0 recovery instead of TWRP, do you know what might have caused this?

Very perplexing indeed. adb is in my C drive

I renamed TWRP.img to TWRP.img.img (as I have view file extension on) and booting into that seemed to work.

Got into TWRP and flashed ramdisk and current TWRP version so all good now with current weekly installed.

Before recovery went to Miui5.0 recovery instead of TWRP, do you know what might have caused this?
It's the stock Mi Recovery. We didn't have any TWRP to replace the Mi Recovery when we released fastboot ROMs, so it's normal...

@Airmi This has already been answered multiple times. Temporarily boot the skkk a13 twrp build intended for your device using fastboot and then flash the rom using the temporarily booted recovery. Then the newer TWRP will be permanently installed along with the rom so that OTA updates will work for upcoming releases.
Okay, this doesn´t answer my question, sorry! I asked about using my old version of TWRP, not fastboot - and yes, to answer myself: thats how I did it and it worked!
To sum it up, to whom it may concern:

Device: 12X with old TWRP installed (3.6.2_12)
updated it to the current version ( 3.7.0) via my old TWRP (install, install image, install recovery ramdisk), then I could install the current Xiaomi-EU 14.
Running without problems so far.
Good luck to everybody!

Sry for asking again, if I installed the wrong TWRP version (yes wasn't really smart , ive clicked the wrong download link)and I can't get into TWRP anymore, is it possible to update it via fastboot again, without killing the phone?

"OR"

Maybe a dumb question, but do we need to wipe something like the cache or something else after installing the rom?

thow do I change the priority of the wi-fi distribution if it was removed from the settings, and I need to set it as normal?
how do I change the priority of the wi-fi distribution if it was removed from the settings, and I need to set it as normal?????
Also nfc in notification bar was helpful, not blinking..
Anyone can help?

Also qr wifi scanner doesn't work, so I can't share qr code...
poco f3

Status
Not open for further replies.