MIUI 14 23.4.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello devs :)
I have an issue on Mi 11 Ultra (star), I can reproduce it (you should be able to as well), I recorded the steps, you watch it here. In the video I used the YouTube Vanced app (last update before it was discontinued), but the issue occurs on all apps that use PiP. YouTube ReVanced, Twitch, VLC. It doesn't happen in Firefox when streaming something, the difference is that when you maximize from PiP directly it doesn't go back to the full screen video player but just opens the web page, so I think that's why it doesn't bug like this.
I didn't have this issue on MIUI13, but it has been consistent across all MIUI14 updates (as far as I can remember). Maybe others in the community can also test this out.
Play a video -> go home (activate picture in picture) -> pause video -> dismiss video -> open app
The only way for me to restore the app without clearing it from memory is to activate floating window. Maybe someone knows another way to do it :)
Thanks for your work!
Just tried to reproduce your issue on my mi 11 ultra using PiP on iMPlayer and Twitch. Everything works ok for me.

Reactions: FranzKS
Why? Refresh rate is not our problem, definitely not mine. I know that it's a lot easier to bug me about it than to bug Xiaomi directly, but not everything is supposed to be my problem.
It is difficult for me to assess which problems relate to you and which to xiaomi. Sorry! I didn't mean to be intrusive.

Turn off dark mode here.
Weirdly, this worked for me, too.

I downloaded Chrome Beta to see if it would be different, and it was... but when I cruised into the Dark Mode options in the system, the the Beta version had dark mode toggled off there.

Toggling the stable version to off, restarting it fixed the issue. How strange, but... Thanks!

Weirdly, this worked for me, too.

I downloaded Chrome Beta to see if it would be different, and it was... but when I cruised into the Dark Mode options in the system, the the Beta version had dark mode toggled off there.

Toggling the stable version to off, restarting it fixed the issue. How strange, but... Thanks!
There is nothing special about it. If an app has its own DM mode, it cannot be turned on at the same time in "dark mode options". Doing so will cause the two DM modes to collide.
Precisely because people don't know how to use it, Xiaomi once limited this setting option.

today in absolute autonomy my xm12 from Rome says that I am in vietnam with time zone and double clock

will this lapproximate location popup ever be fixed? it gets in the way of search boxes every time (google maps, instagram), i already opened it and gave full location access and it keeps asking me.

Attachments

• IMG_20230410_220302.jpg
    IMG_20230410_220302.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 159
Reactions: omsound
I'm on the same device with:

Weekly v14.0.23.4.2.DEV
+ Magisk Delta 25.2
+ ReVanced Extended (YouTube)

I saw your video and did the exact same steps. But all was okay.

No issues after pausing the video and then closing it.

When I re-launced YouTube (v18.13.38) again, I could play the video from exactly where I had paused it.

I did this 3-4 times and no issues.

I quit using Vanced a long time ago and have been using ReVanced Manager (which I feel it's the easiest way to install) for ReVanced Extended by inotia00.

Just fyi, I have patched YouTube w/o Micro-G support. You can however patch it for use with Micro-G if you like.

--
Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra (star)
013e41a27bc1bee50a44a522b8e84faf.jpg
Hi
I'm using the same app but after updating it to 47 or 48 versions, it's automatically crashing, did you had anything like that? Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-11-15-47-36-308_com.miui.bugreport.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-11-15-47-36-308_com.miui.bugreport.jpg
    563.1 KB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot_2023-04-11-15-47-41-234_com.miui.bugreport.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-11-15-47-41-234_com.miui.bugreport.jpg
    524.2 KB · Views: 123
Just tried to reproduce your issue on my mi 11 ultra using PiP on iMPlayer and Twitch. Everything works ok for me.
Weird. Thanks for trying though. Gonna look for a possible solution since it appears to only happen on my phone, will post update if I get any results

will this lapproximate location popup ever be fixed? it gets in the way of search boxes every time (google maps, instagram), i already opened it and gave full location access and it keeps asking me.
I doubt you have. Keep in mind that you need to select Yes to not use an approximate location.

There is nothing wrong with locations popups it's just your Google Maps misconfigured.
It's a warning box check your app settings requirements.

Reactions: Jacometto
why can't magnet or ed2k resources no longer be downloaded through the miui Downloader?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-12-00-37-13-984_com.android.providers.downloads.ui-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-12-00-37-13-984_com.android.providers.downloads.ui-edit.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 109
  • Screenshot_2023-04-12-00-36-58-694_com.android.providers.downloads.ui-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-12-00-36-58-694_com.android.providers.downloads.ui-edit.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot_2023-04-12-00-36-44-276_com.android.providers.downloads.ui.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-12-00-36-44-276_com.android.providers.downloads.ui.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 107
Hello,
there is a problem with 5G connection on Redmi K40 Pro+, every other packet is lagging on transmit/receive. Just like when the connection has been jumping between LTE and 5G constantly previously, except the icon does not change and the connection is established, but "choking".
This leads to disconnections and lags.
Tested after clean install, both SIM card slots, different SIM cards, networks and providers.

If set to LTE only, there is no lagging.
Please fix,

Attachments

• 1676843867112 (1).jpg
    1676843867112 (1).jpg
    490.6 KB · Views: 116
There is nothing wrong with locations popups it's just your Google Maps misconfigured.
It's a warning box check your app settings requirements.
no it's not. i already confirmed that i want FULL access to my exact location, and this dumb popup asks me every time if i want to use approximate location.

I doubt you have. Keep in mind that you need to select Yes to not use an approximate location.
yeah yeah.

Reactions: ultra3000
no it's not. i already confirmed that i want FULL access to my exact location, and this dumb popup asks me every time if i want to use approximate location.

yeah yeah.
Google Maps runs flawless with location settings on Poco F3. Double check yours. (annex)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-11-14-46-48-911_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-11-14-46-48-911_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 140
  • Screenshot_2023-04-11-14-46-57-960_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-11-14-46-57-960_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 143
Reactions: Jacometto and KGVER
the app runs fine, im not complaining about it, it's the location popup that annoys me and makes no sense since i've already confirmed i want the extact location for the app.
Can you follow through how did you exactly confirm that? Like I said you need to answer Yes if you configure it by tapping that popup since Yes and No are reversed: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/23-1-9-10.67900/post-683834

You can also check that from App info -> Permissions -> Get location info.

Guys, tell me a question about TWRP, does it support updating ROM over the "air", via updater? In my opinion, this is called OTA. Or do I need to download a zip file every time from the site and update?
I am currently updating via fastboot from a PC it is very long and there is not always a PC

I'm on the Xiaomi 13 and I have the impression that the battery drains faster when installing the rom with the twrp rather than in fastboot mode.

I'm currently on my fourth weekly beta. I'm an amateur, so I might be asking a stupid question. When I install the Rom on the device every week. Can I cause depreciation on hardware?... ( TOO MANY INSTALLATIONS)
I am very satisfied with the work of the developers of xiaomi.eu. I hope my question is understandable. (unfortunately, I can only communicate with a translator )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.