Status
Not open for further replies.
u can go with any samsung stock based kernel, i'm using with stock kernel from latest samsung official firmware XXEMD2.
Does siyah kernel is stock based?
Or if its possible, pleas write some kernel to choose from...

I'm also using Xiaomi Mi2.
My experience so far:
  • automatic update with stock app doesn't works (MultiLang), I'm allways updating by manually choosing downloaded zip
  • update through GOO Manager: you can set automatic checking for new releases or update manually from downloaded zip
  • there certainly are other options, feel free to google and share your knowledge

I'm still new to Xiaomi phones and I'm using the regular version (not MultiLang). However, I'm wondering if the OTA update become available on Friday once the full package is released or it does take few days after the full package to be ready?

Hi, yes that's the correct way.

As for syah kernel i think its on b5 now. Get it on gokhanmoral.com. Too, dorimanx kernels wich are syah based are reported to work good. Check dorimanx.shine.sk on the sammy based section and download and flash the latest. Be sure to download the one under jb sammy kernel list.

Installed Philz kernel. Lets see how is it. Used it to install miui and create backup and I like it.

3.5.17 would come with siyah kernel v6.0b4 ..yes it runs smooth on my phone .. flashing tools r for those who cannot enter recovery .. simple :p

I would prefer siyah with default setting first if its not working fine then let me know i will share some tweaks for siyah kernel ..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Just installed the miui 3.5.17 using Philz kernel. Damn it took only about 1 minute. I didnt knew it would be so fast.
Havent checked which kernel is installed right now as I am still to set up the phone. Will update once I check it

I can't believe that your Syiah b4 even with tweaks have better battery life than newest dorinmax which is based also on Syiah but it contains lot of tweaks. I would say that battery life is only subjective feeling in this case... As I said, I have 99% deep sleep with dorinmax, which is perfect especially overnight when battery drops only 1 - 2 %. Just try it, you can go back everytime....

Hi.
I am using MIUI on my SGS3 and every thing is pretty smooth, except the "loading launcher" almost every time I close any APP.
Is there any fix for it? its pretty annoying.
And one more thing, what is the best kernel for SGS3?

How is everything smooth? Aren't the animations still laggy?

I can't believe that your Syiah b4 even with tweaks have better battery life than newest dorinmax which is based also on Syiah but it contains lot of tweaks. I would say that battery life is only subjective feeling in this case... As I said, I have 99% deep sleep with dorinmax, which is perfect especially overnight when battery drops only 1 - 2 %. Just try it, you can go back everytime....

I have actually tried it but it didnt impressed me :(

Hi, is there fastboot version of MIUIAndroid 3.5.17 or MIUIAndroid 3.5.17 langpack.
Thx in advance!

No.. Just install via updater app...

I have successfully installed QDT10 on mi2s but I do not like it. I go back for MIUIAndroid 3.5.17 it is much better for me. So actually I have QDT10 (no updater app) this is the reason why I looking for fastboot version of MIUIAndroid 3.5.17

Hmm..on the s3 it's still laggy...
What kernel do you use? On SG2 with supplied kernel it lags like a hell. I had to install dorimanx, now it works great. Try update the kernel. On sg3 it has to be smooth! For sure it's a kernel problem....

What kernel do you use? On SG2 with supplied kernel it lags like a hell. I had to install dorimanx, now it works great. Try update the kernel. On sg3 it has to be smooth! For sure it's a kernel problem....

I use boeffla kernel...supposedly the best out there at the moment...

I'm guessing its laggy because of the base....miui v5 for s3 is based on old xxdjl4 (4.1.2)...

Xiaomi are aware of the lag that's affecting the launcher as a whole. Though it's still usable, they are focused on underlying bugs and issues atm. They'll sort out the launcher eventually.

I have just downloaded this rom. Do I have to do a full wipe in order to install it? (coming from the previous version 3.5.10) or can I just flash the new one over it?

I have just downloaded this rom. Do I have to do a full wipe in order to install it? (coming from the previous version 3.5.10) or can I just flash the new one over it?
just flash over it without any wipe...

Status
Not open for further replies.