Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for this silly question.
But later last night, I installed Siyah kernerl 5.0.1 on my Dad's SGS2 i9100 without knowing that it doesnt support Samsung's stock rom, so now when it boots, it shows Samsung written with a triangle below it and then shows siyah logo for two times before going all black. It enters recovery and download mode easily. But as it was getting too hot, I pulled the battery so it could cool itself.
Now I am thinking of installing miui. I have the tutorial here http://en.miui.com/a-121.html but it tells me to download the flash tools of 390 mb so want to skip that download.
Please tell if its possible to install it though recovery mode?

Currently downloading 3.5.17 and deleted 3.5.10 that I downloaded 2 days ago
It has been more than 14-15 months since I installed miui on my milestone (sold 13-14 months ago) thats why I dont remember how I installed it, but m pretty sure that it was done with the help of the tutorial provided by miui

if you can enter in Recovery , you can simply wipe data, cache & Dalvick cache and install the latest build 3.5.17 , it should be fine :)

Reactions: scottphoenix
Sorry for this silly question.
But later last night, I installed Siyah kernerl 5.0.1 on my Dad's SGS2 i9100 without knowing that it doesnt support Samsung's stock rom, so now when it boots, it shows Samsung written with a triangle below it and then shows siyah logo for two times before going all black. It enters recovery and download mode easily. But as it was getting too hot, I pulled the battery so it could cool itself.
Now I am thinking of installing miui. I have the tutorial here http://en.miui.com/a-121.html but it tells me to download the flash tools of 390 mb so want to skip that download.
Please tell if its possible to install it though recovery mode?

Currently downloading 3.5.17 and deleted 3.5.10 that I downloaded 2 days ago
It has been more than 14-15 months since I installed miui on my milestone (sold 13-14 months ago) thats why I dont remember how I installed it, but m pretty sure that it was done with the help of the tutorial provided by miui

You can full wipe the phone from recovery and install the rom and gapps.

Reactions: scottphoenix
@MarkHUK , i have one request for you , kindly give a option where we can adjust vibration for calls & notifications as we can do in stock samsung rom :) in your next release .. That would be really helpful :)

[release]3.5.17[/release]

Notice: GApps are no longer included! (not for Xiaomi devices)
Please flash ROM, REBOOT, and then flash Gapps.
Do NOT flash them back to back! It will cause Home button not working..!
Gapps 4.1.x : HERE
Notes:
  1. Changelog MIUI 3.5.17 - http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/miui-rom-3-5-17-changelog.20459/
  2. MIUI Multilang pack 3.5.17 http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/miui-v5-multi-lang-3-5-17.20471/

guys if the pictures in google+ are true and they changed the base to 4.2 you should point them to the 4.2 gapps, the keyboard in 4.1 breaks the 4.2 based roms

Thanks for the new update, i have just flashed 3.5.10 yesterday and i love it .. I am sticking to MIUI roms now.. but i need to know if its worth updating to 3.5.17 ? and i am unable to update from the updater in the ROM , it says that i am already on the new version!

EDIT : Can you add a option to adjust vibration as on stock ROM .. that would be really helpful.. :)
miuiandroid roms updates are not supported via updater for phones other than Xiaomi... You need to use goomanager and update from it.

Thanks for the new update, i have just flashed 3.5.10 yesterday and i love it .. I am sticking to MIUI roms now.. but i need to know if its worth updating to 3.5.17 ? and i am unable to update from the updater in the ROM , it says that i am already on the new version!

EDIT : Can you add a option to adjust vibration as on stock ROM .. that would be really helpful.. :)
Yo can set vibrations in sound setting but I think it does not work at all...

Thanks... Downloading galaxy s2... The higest battery drains in 3.5.10 it's fixed? Still comes whit Siyah kernel?

Great work!!
Yes, it comes with Syiah 6.0b4 which is pretty laggy. Use newest dorimanx - works like a charm... Personally I still don't understand why they release rom with this laggy kernel...

From 2.3 (GB) to v4 (ics) worked full restore fine :)
now I want to migrate to v5 (from v4)and most important to me is accounts, contacts, messages, wifi setings and some (many) apps.
what is your opinion ? (before I do full wipe)
thank you
Use CWM to backup your current rom and try. If it not works you can easily go back...

Yo can set vibrations in sound setting but I think it does not work at all...

I can set it off or on but cannot set vibration intensity

Yes, it comes with Syiah 6.0b4 which is pretty laggy. Use newest dorimanx - works like a charm... Personally I still don't understand why they release rom with this laggy kernel...

Siyah is one of the best kernel if u know the setting for it . Its not laggy for me

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I can set it off or on but cannot set vibration intensity

Siyah is one of the best kernel if u know the setting for it . Its not laggy for me

Which version of SyIah do you use? Btw, dorimanx is build on Syiah ;-) I noticed that it was not updated for a long time.

Please Add Xperia Z to the list, i really can't live without MIUI in my android phone, currently i'm using MIUI launcher which is not stable with my current stock rom and i would really love to have a full version of MIUI. Thank you Xiaomi for this awesome free rom.

if you can enter in Recovery , you can simply wipe data, cache & Dalvick cache and install the latest build 3.5.17 , it should be fine :)

Thank you for your answer
So I should do it like the below mentioned steps?
1. Wipe data
2. Wipe cache
3. Wipe dalvik cache
4. Install miui through recovery mode and live happily. :p
If I install this 3.5.17 miui, which kernel would stay on my phone. Siyah or the one that comes with miui?
I see in your sig that you have Siyah Kernel v6.0b4 installed. Does that run smooth with 3.5.17?

And one more thing, if it can be installed through recovery mode, then why do we need to use the flash tools of 390 mb provided by miui?

Hi all,

I have Xiaomi Mi2A but I'm unable to update through the updater as nothing is happening when it search for the new version, I'm now on version is 3.5.10! can anyone help?

Hi all,

I have Xiaomi Mi2A but I'm unable to update through the updater as nothing is happening when it search for the new version, I'm now on version is 3.5.10! can anyone help?

You need to choose downloaded zip file manually.

Odoslané z Nexus 7 cez Tapatalk 2

Thank you for your swer
So I should do it mentioned steps?
1. Wipe data
2. Wipe cache
3. Wipe davik cache
If I install this 3.5.17 miui, which kernel would stay on my phone. Siyah or the one that comes with miui?
I see in your sig that you have Siyah Kernel v6.0b4 installed. Does that run smooth with 3.5.17?

And one more thing, if it can be installed through recovery mode, then why do we need to use the flash tools of 390 mb provided by miui?

Hi, yes that's the correct way.

As for syah kernel i think its on b5 now. Get it on gokhanmoral.com. Too, dorimanx kernels wich are syah based are reported to work good. Check dorimanx.shine.sk on the sammy based section and download and flash the latest. Be sure to download the one under jb sammy kernel list.

Which version of SyIah do you use? Btw, dorimanx is build on Syiah ;-) I noticed that it was not updated for a long time.

I tried siyah kernel v6.0b5 but it was not good .. so moved back to b4 and its working awesome ... ;) i know that dorimanx is based on siyah but siyah is better then dorimanx for me atleast

Thank you for your answer
So I should do it like the below mentioned steps?
1. Wipe data
2. Wipe cache
3. Wipe dalvik cache

3.5.17 would come with siyah kernel v6.0b4 ..yes it runs smooth on my phone .. flashing tools r for those who cannot enter recovery .. simple :p

I would prefer siyah with default setting first if its not working fine then let me know i will share some tweaks for siyah kernel ..

Hi.
I am using MIUI on my SGS3 and every thing is pretty smooth, except the "loading launcher" almost every time I close any APP.
Is there any fix for it? its pretty annoying.
And one more thing, what is the best kernel for SGS3?

Hi.
I am using MIUI on my SGS3 and every thing is pretty smooth, except the "loading launcher" almost every time I close any APP.
in launcher settings, enable - Keep in RAM..

Why I have to do it this way. Is there any problem with OTAs updates? specially that I'm using xiaomi phone :)

I'm also using Xiaomi Mi2.
My experience so far:
  • automatic update with stock app doesn't works (MultiLang), I'm allways updating by manually choosing downloaded zip
  • update through GOO Manager: you can set automatic checking for new releases or update manually from downloaded zip
  • there certainly are other options, feel free to google and share your knowledge

Reactions: Yabcool
Hi there to all.
Am loving the new MIUI and it is sooooooo fast on my Note 2. I seem to have 1 issue. I am not able to run USSD codes. I get a no network error message

I know it is not a USSD code error as they work on my HTC Sensation which is also on this MIUI rom and build.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368872779260.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368872779260.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 258
Hi.
u can go with any samsung stock based kernel, i'm using with stock kernel from latest samsung official firmware XXEMD2.

Status
Not open for further replies.