Status
Not open for further replies.
The permissions are set via stock recovery script with.

Code:
set_perm_recursive(1000, 1000, 0755, 0644, "/data/media/preinstall_apps");

This is used in the stock rom as well. I flashed the stock rom and immediately got all the "s**t chiense apps" like GameStore, etc. So it works for Chinese. We just inserted our own apk into the bunch to remove 20MB of bloat from /system.
I understand, it's weird that it works for some and not for others.
I copied the apk to /data/app manually so it's fixed now.

This "reinstall_apps" which is written in /data/media/preinstall_apps/reinstall_apps
What does it trigger? How does it work.
Tried to execute it manually but that didn't work ofcourse, couldn't find reinstall_apps

For some reasons, my phone (GT-I9100, was using 3.8.16 before) isnt working anymore after OTA update. I seriously have no clue what happend. So I decided to wipe everything and do a clean install which isnt working aswell. I installed 3.8.23 and the _lang afterwards, rebooted the recovery and installed gapps aswell... nothing.. stuck on the samsung logo... help? :confused:

For some reasons, my phone (GT-I9100, was using 3.8.16 before) isnt working anymore after OTA update. I seriously have no clue what happend. So I decided to wipe everything and do a clean install which isnt working aswell. I installed 3.8.23 and the _lang afterwards, rebooted the recovery and installed gapps aswell... nothing.. stuck on the samsung logo... help? :confused:
Install multi only and reboot...

~Tapatalk 4~

I understand, it's weird that it works for some and not for others.
I copied the apk to /data/app manually so it's fixed now.

This "reinstall_apps" which is written in /data/media/preinstall_apps/reinstall_apps
What does it trigger? How does it work.
Tried to execute it manually but that didn't work ofcourse, couldn't find reinstall_apps
I don't know what that file triggers (if it does), but it's just a text file containing "reinstall_apps", so IMO it makes no sense to try to execute it... :)

I have problems with keyboard too and can't install LatinImeGoogle.apk. I think that it can depend on user country - latest Google Keyboard app is not available to install in most countries yet.

When I updated from 3.8.16 -> 3.8.23 I had enabled two languages for the previous keyboard: Italian + English UK.
Nightmike had two languages set for the keyboard, as well.
Could this be related to the problem?

When I updated from 3.8.16 -> 3.8.23 I had enabled two languages for the previous keyboard: Italian + English UK.
Nightmike had two languages set for the keyboard, as well.
Could this be related to the problem?
That's not the problem.
It's not available in my country either.
Manually installing it (with root-explorer) works.

@ibotpeaches
Tried it but doesn't work for me.
I will try a chinese rom, see if chinese bloat works.
Will try that tomorrow

I feel like my previous post drowned.

Is the previous battery issue fixed on the Samsung Galaxy SII? I need more than 5 hours of battery time on one charge.

It's good that I occasionally decided to review the thread prior flashing.. please, launch OTA only with keyboard fix inside, thanks

My GT-I9100 does not boot after updating by OTA (mult lang version).

I tried to flash again, but nothing is happening it remains on the boot screen.

Any advice?

Thanks
Edu

Any advice?

Thanks
Edu

Did you try to do wipe cache + wipe dalvik cache?

Yes I did and then even wipe data.

I restored my back up and I deleted the updated file. I started downloading again by OTA in the middle the downloading the phone crashed. I think there is something in the downloaded file by OTA.

Edu

I flash this forum ROMs few weeks ago its 3.8.16. How come I can't update in setting-about phone-system update? Update via WiFi..which is faster ..or I have to DL new ROMs rename update.zip do whole process again every time new patch? Sorry I'm kinda new here ..some give me answer thanks

Any advice?

Thanks
Edu

I have the same issue, I cant get the 3.8.23 to work, neither via ota nor localy flashed... (I tried it serveral times, in different ways) Ill go back to the 3.8.16 and wait untill next week..

I tried to install the EN version and it works fine. During the start up settings the system asked which keyboard I want to use, I tried google but it didn't work so I tried samsung and it is working fine.

Maybe the problem is something in Mult Lang version.

Thanks
Edu

I had no issues with the stock keyboard. I had a few bugs because of it being the 1st boot, but those go away after a reboot.

Does the stock recovery actually wipe the cache? I click wipe cache in mi recovery and it doesn't seem to do anything.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI2S

Just flash the update and got the same problem with the keyboard. Only Google Voice typing is installed.

However I can install the keyboard from data/media/preinstall_apps and it is working fine except that the pointer is now red ugly not as usual. It's like the keyboard not themed with miui style.

Afther update there isn't keyboard on mi2s too. Solution: install google keyboard from google play and it appears again. :)

I have the same issue, I cant get the 3.8.23 to work, neither via ota nor localy flashed... (I tried it serveral times, in different ways) Ill go back to the 3.8.16 and wait untill next week..
Sometime ago devs told me that after a week there will be update only from latest version to most latest.. (e.g. in our case 3.8.23 to 3.8.29). I wanted to wait for a week once already but was forced to update to current build anyway..

Afther update there isn't keyboard on mi2s too. Solution: install google keyboard from google play and it appears again. :)
Devs, could you please update us, do we need to wait for hot-fix build now, or we really should flash this build and then reinstall google keyboard?

Thanks, thankful mi2s (3.8.16) owner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.