MULTI 5.5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ingbrzy: sorry mate for asking for this for a third time, but can you please revert the xiaomi.eu firmware DNS behaviour to stock? That is, use the DNS servers provided by the network mechanisms (ie DHCP)?

IMO, the disadvantages of using Google's DNS (or OpenDNS or any other such service) for non-experts outweigh the advantages... Don't know anything from Android development, but I do have some above-than-average knowledge of networking.

I agree. why google servers? just use local dns server.

What? Have stable chinese version? I realy like it! Thank you so much. I've added my language to this rom before, but i don't know why my rom have so many bugs, like the gps of wheather app, or the google map in deed... I will taste your rom, thank you once more.

I have surprised on the lot of negative feedbacks regrading 5.5.1 release. In case of Mi2S this is better than any previous release. It is stable, smooth, and free from all the mentioned issues by others. The cleaner also working well without FC... very strange!

Mi2S - MIUIv6L

I have surprised on the lot of negative feedbacks regrading 5.5.1 release. In case of Mi2S this is better than any previous release. It is stable, smooth, and free from all the mentioned issues by others. The cleaner also working well without FC... very strange!

Mi2S - MIUIv6L
+ 1

Mi2S - MIUIv6L
Mi2/S on L seems not affected but all devices on 4.4 are.. but true is that 5.5.1 has serious bug with Cleaner FC on the background and shouldn't be released by Xiaomi at all..

Hello,

How can I definitively delete MiKey and MiRemote (I don't use it - Mi3)?, dissapeared when I uninstall it, but when reboot come back again.

Thanks.

Hello,

How can I definitively delete MiKey and MiRemote (I don't use it - Mi3)?, dissapeared when I uninstall it, but when reboot come back again.

Thanks.
freeze them..

~Tapatalk~

Mi2/S on L seems not affected but all devices on 4.4 are.. but true is that 5.5.1 has serious bug with Cleaner FC on the background and shouldn't be released by Xiaomi at all..

ok thanks, now it is already clear!

ok thanks, now it is already clear!
Still I don´t understand how you don't get the "unknown number" bug in the cal log. I've wiped the phone in every possible way and followed your tips.
BT stack, calendar and time sync in widgets are a real shame too.

Last edited:
Still I don´t understand how you don't get the "unknown number" bug in the cal log. I've wiped the phone in every possible way and followed your tips.
BT stack is a real shame too.
I am not just alone who do not have "unknown number" bug, all Hungarian Mi2/S users also do not have this bug. After this issue was reported here, I posted it on famous Hungarian Mi2/S forum and none of them confirmed it. They said it is Hongmi issue but never experienced on Mi2S/MIUIv6-L

<< Sent from my Mi2S using Tapatalk - Powered by MIUIv6-L >>

Last edited:
I am not just alone who do not have "unknown number" bug, all Hungarian Mi2/S users also do not have this bug. After this issue was reported here, I posted it on famous Hungarian Mi2/S forum and none of them confirmed it. They said it is Hongmi issue but never experienced on Mi2S/MIUIv6-L

So you say it might be a language related issue? I will set it up to English then, just to check it.

So you say it might be a language related issue? I will set it up to English then, just to check it.
I have tested with English system language too and both HU&EN are OK for me.

Anyway, could you please make a screenshot about this issue and share with me?

The first call was made to the same (4th) number in the call log and it is in Google contacts.
The difference is it was an outgoing call whereas the previous was incoming.

jq1gnk.jpg

Hi,
why the application documents is disabled by default in the
"application list" ?
Thanks
Mi2s

The first call was made to the same (4th) number in the call log and it is in Google contacts.
The difference is it was an outgoing call whereas the previous was incoming.

jq1gnk.jpg
It is really weird! I have never had any unknown number even if the called parties are not in my Contacts! I have no idea, maybe you should move to Hungary, change the SIM card and if it solve your problem you can stay and live here :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It is really weird! I have never had any unknown number even if the called parties are not in my Contacts! I have no idea, maybe you should move to Hungary, change the SIM card and if it solve your problem you can stay and live here :)
I've never been in Hungary, so just don't give me ideas.
And I just confirmed by making 3 phone calls that the "unknown number" doesn't happen when using English language.
But it seems that other users like krassiy are suffering with the same issue, and I bet they are using their native (non-English) language.

I've never been in Hungary, so just don't give me ideas.
And I just confirmed by making 3 phone calls that the "unknown number" doesn't happen when using English language.
But it seems that other users like krassiy are suffering with the same issue, and I bet they are using their native (non-English) language.

So, based on this, it seems to be it is translation issue. Anyway, if I ever notice any bug, I always try to reproduce it with English sytem language too. By this way easy to identify if it is translation or Xiaomi issue...

So, based on this, it seems to be it is translation issue. Anyway, if I ever notice any bug, I always try to reproduce it with English sytem language too. By this way easy to identify if it is translation or Xiaomi issue...
It doesn't seem a translation issue. At least it as to be present in several translations. I counted so far in:
European Portuguese
Bulgarian

Any other languages with this problem?

It doesn't seem a translation issue. At least it as to be present in several translations. I counted so far in:
European Portuguese
Bulgarian

Any other languages with this problem?

If this were not a translation issue, this bug would be reproducible with Hungarian, English and all other languages too.

Status
Not open for further replies.