MULTI 5.5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not just alone who do not have "unknown number" bug, all Hungarian Mi2/S users also do not have this bug. After this issue was reported here, I posted it on famous Hungarian Mi2/S forum and none of them confirmed it. They said it is Hongmi issue but never experienced on Mi2S/MIUIv6-L

<< Sent from my Mi2S using Tapatalk - Powered by MIUIv6-L >>
Are they using all available carriers in Hungary? Someone in the Bulgarian miui forum supposed that it is a kind of a network related issue. He said that is related to the bad (not very precise) network settings within the carrier-In Lollipop the dialer takes the information about the dialed number on the basis of the data received from the cell and when there is no data the "Unknown number" appears. So, this issue is present to a different extent in all (and not only) Bulgarian carriers. I am not that aware of this, there are persons who have that knowledge.
But the "Unknown number" issue is present and reported by users also in other Mi-2s Lollipop ROM-s like Ivan's AOSP Lollipop 5.1 and even in different phones like Moto G 2014 and Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro using there own ROMs. (3-4 days ago Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro received the Lollipop update and the problem was eliminated, rumors say by chance and unintentionally ).
If this were not a translation issue, this bug would be reproducible with Hungarian, English and all other languages too.
I have mentioned several times in April that I am using English and the problem is reproducible in Bulgarian too.

Изпратено от моя XiaoMi Mi2S през Tapatalk

Last edited:

DOWNLOAD WEEKLY
http://celogeek.miuiandroid.com/5.5.1/
http://htcfanboys.com/download/acid/?action=list&folder=75937

DOWNLOAD STABLE
http://htcfanboys.com/download/acid/?action=list&folder=76899

View attachment 9871

MD5
Code:
1533711be4b0c7177dee39a076fb9b00  xiaomi.eu_multi_aries_5.5.1_v6-5.0.zip
7387e6964994d7531b620431ac56d686  xiaomi.eu_multi_armani_5.5.1_v6-4.4.zip
d7877749ba0932f165d77a5e02dca835  xiaomi.eu_multi_cancro_5.5.1_v6-4.4.zip
1a8e3357a48e91bda5f672f690e70b00  xiaomi.eu_multi_dior_5.5.1_v6-4.4.zip
c88407bd2bbfe57832a79a8a0ed5a668  xiaomi.eu_multi_gucci_5.5.1_v6-4.4.zip
8a77198067b24ef815ddab8b419c2a59  xiaomi.eu_multi_HM2013023_5.5.1_v6-4.4.zip
f1bfbc3b98ab5811eaa7f7c252791b6d  xiaomi.eu_multi_HM2014811_5.5.1_v6-4.4.zip
1b25bfe92a192456d96b0934a0bcc85b  xiaomi.eu_multi_HM2014813_5.5.1_v6-4.4.zip
581caf15c1297a2a29f4a5970e7ce9a7  xiaomi.eu_multi_lcsh92_wet_jb9_5.5.1_v6-4.4.zip
e61bb5d4fa647c1d6dc2ca08a2baba7e  xiaomi.eu_multi_mocha_5.5.1_v6-4.4.zip
e081bc0c0191103f52cd858b87cd5fe9  xiaomi.eu_multi_pisces_5.5.1_v6-4.4.zip
bcee21860b9353e8ad8d02707044e1ca  xiaomi.eu_multi_taurus_5.5.1_v6-4.4.zip
0db55081dc9e229c896478db7a1dd282  xiaomi.eu_multi_virgo_5.5.1_v6-4.4.zip

For first installation of Mi2S v6 Android 5.0
- You have to be on latest 4.12.5 MIUIv5 or 5.3.27 MIUIv6 Special Edition
- Then install our multilang via Updater app like usually
- Wipe all user data in recovery or via settings highly recommended!

For first installation of Mi2A v6 SPECIAL EDITION
- Install v6 via MiFlash (flash_all) - image
- Then install our multilang via Updater app like usually

Xiaomi Redmi Series:
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 4G LTE

• Multilang for HM2014811 model (China Unicom/Telecom variants)
  • Multilang for HM2014813 model (TD or 2GB RAM version)
- Xiaomi Hongmi/Redmi NOT 1S (Doesn't have weekly releases):
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S (Doesn't have weekly releases):
- Xiaomi Redmi Note (Doesn't have weekly releases):
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G LTE (Doesn't have weekly MIUIv5 releases):

Installation:

Xiaomi devices:
  • Install via OTA or Updater app
Other OFFICIAL devices:
  • Install via OTA or Download and flash Multilang
  • REBOOT
Other UNOFFICIAL devices and PORTS:
  • Download and flash our current Multi language ROM in CWM
  • REBOOT
Translators:
  • Follow XML changes in Source v5 repo here and v6 here
  • Our translation guide is here
  • Check for errors in your repo here
Give kudos to your translators. This is a huge group effort and continues to grow bigger!
Language included in MIUIv6:

Notes:
  • All credits to @Roeano for T9 dialer mod - any issue or request report here
  • MIUI Changelog + See CHANGELOG for your language...
Any chance to get a port for the snapdragon 805 chip?

Are they using all available carriers in Hungary? Someone in the Bulgarian miui forum supposed that it is a kind of a network related issue. He said that is related to the bad (not very precised) network setting within the carrier-In Lollipop the dialer takes the information about the dialed number on the basis of the data received from the cell and when there is no data the "Unknown number" appears. So, this issue is present to a different extent in all (and not only) Bulgarian carriers. I am not that aware of this, there are persons who have that knowledge.
But the "Unknown number" issue is present and reported by users also in other Mi-2s Lollipop ROM-s like Ivan's AOSP Lollipop 5.1 and even in different phones like Moto G 2014 and Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro. (3-4 days ago Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro received the Lollipop update and the problem was eliminated, rumors say by chance and unintentionally
emoji3.png
).

Изпратено от моя XiaoMi Mi2S през Tapatalk

Maybe you are right and it is carrier or network issue I don't know...but I can only say and I am pretty sure "unknown number" issue does not not exist in Hungary even if using any Lollipop based ROM. There are some Mi2S users here with Ivan 5.1 too (Ivan 5.4.14 release) and they haven't reported any "unknown number" bug. Mystical phenomenon :)

Reactions: krassiy
Now, messages appear out of the blue:
"Unfortunately, Cleaner has stopped" and then "SVI Settings has stopped".

Cleaner crashes when I attempt starting it from the Security app, attempt to open its settings leads to the crash too.

get the wipe cache partition option in recovery mode

Amazing! Thank you for stable releases cook! You have always planned to cook stable relases from now? Many thanks! ;D

I've never been in Hungary, so just don't give me ideas.
And I just confirmed by making 3 phone calls that the "unknown number" doesn't happen when using English language.
But it seems that other users like krassiy are suffering with the same issue, and I bet they are using their native (non-English) language.
I found just now that this issue also happens using English language. It seems only outgoing calls, but I have to make further tests.

Well people, I put the 5.5.1.0 stable version on my note 4g, and is working just fine... No fc at all...
2 friends just put the weekly version and both have lots of fc... Also on note 4g...

I'm sorry, can anyone tell me what languages the stable version have? I suppose it's only Chinese and English?
Any other difference we "new" to miui universe should know about?

Oh, cool, thank you, so it has all the languages as the dev version... might give it a try... I'm still on 5.4.24.
Not fighting bugs, but trying to find a version where the hotspot function works on my device (Redmi 2 2GB).

hello, i would like to report something strange whit my Mi3W, i allways update my mobile, and since a few versions ( not sure how many but probably since one month ago) some links in facebook messenger instead of opening in chrome (default browser) apear to open chrome, and the automatacly goes to miui browser, even when browsing in chrome, some links goes to miui browser, dont know what to do, help please, it's anoying

I have noticed a strange thing in the lasts 5/6 releases... When there is a new update for any app and I install it, when I reboot my phone the update is gone, play store download it again automatically... Anyone can help me?
Xiaomi Mi4

Well, forget about the stable version on Redmi 2 2GB (HM2014813), I can't restore backup apps and configs.

After first installation (after wipe cache and user data), the software was super slow, took 1 or 2 seconds for it to respond when I clicked something;
I re-wiped data and rebooted, and the speed returned to normal, but I can't restore a local backup, because if I do, then when I enter any app or config menu, I can't exit - after hitting "back", the screen keeps that last image locked, and the only thing that works is the shade menu (swipe down). Tried it twice.

So I re-wiped (to make it usable) configured my APNs, and tested hotpot - as I suspected, nothing new there, still doesn't work.

So, as the only big problem I have is present both on stable as on 5.4.24, I will return to this one, so that I try to restore my backup apps and configs (it's probably an incompatibility between versions)... only if that doesn't work or bugs, then I might keep the stable version and manually reconfigure everything.

Well, forget about the stable version on Redmi 2 2GB (HM2014813), I can't restore backup apps and configs.

After first installation (after wipe cache and user data), the software was super slow, took 1 or 2 seconds for it to respond when I clicked something;
I re-wiped data and rebooted, and the speed returned to normal, but I can't restore a local backup, because if I do, then when I enter any app or config menu, I can't exit - after hitting "back", the screen keeps that last image locked, and the only thing that works is the shade menu (swipe down). Tried it twice.

So I re-wiped (to make it usable) configured my APNs, and tested hotpot - as I suspected, nothing new there, still doesn't work.

So, as the only big problem I have is present both on stable as on 5.4.24, I will return to this one, so that I try to restore my backup apps and configs (it's probably an incompatibility between versions)... only if that doesn't work or bugs, then I might keep the stable version and manually reconfigure everything.
you cant restore backup from weekly release to stable because stable versions are basically older than weekly...

you cant restore backup from weekly release to stable because stable versions are basically older than weekly...
OK, that's what I thought... thank you.

By the way, just so that I know, can we skip one or two weekly updates and then install most recent? Or do we have to update then all sequentially?
And in this case, does the restore backup function works?

Status
Not open for further replies.