MULTI 5.5.29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i tried to update yesterday with the updater app my redmi 2 pro 2gb/16gb. After updating my phone hangs on the miui logo with powered by android. I can't boot into mi recovery 2.0.1 and in fastboot. I dont have an update.zip on my phone so i can't update. Fastboot gives an error flshing (probably the wrong file?).

I do have xposed installed on my redmi. I hope someone can help me with right file and without losing my apps and data. I just finished installing my phone and the last thing i had to do was making a backup.....

provide more info about bricked devices..
- used stock mirecovery?
- any custom mods installed? (some SD card mod or Xposed, etc)
- any system app frozen or removed?

I have guided everyone to this thread. I can't help them any further, they should provide you all the info that is needed (including the steps that they've made). It's up to them to unbrick their phones.
Thank you for your answers ingbrzy.

I already was in fastboot unfortunatly. What is the correct link for the rom i can use for the redmi 2 pro 2gb/16b for miflash and/or miphonesuite

Hey guys,

Since im with this official rom (which keeps updating every week, thanks to you), im suffering of low volume in calls, speaker, headset +mic and bluetooth.

Im with Mi2s 32gb version.
Is there any tweaks which could be helpful for fixing that? Im frustrated... Please help

Has anyone ran into this? Im trying to activate Google Now. Clean install on my Mi4.
uploadfromtaptalk1433150621064.png

I went back to a CM build and Google Now works fine.

Hi, i tried to update yesterday with the updater app my redmi 2 pro 2gb/16gb. After updating my phone hangs on the miui logo with powered by android. I can't boot into mi recovery 2.0.1 and in fastboot. I dont have an update.zip on my phone so i can't update. Fastboot gives an error flshing (probably the wrong file?).

I do have xposed installed on my redmi. I hope someone can help me with right file and without losing my apps and data. I just finished installing my phone and the last thing i had to do was making a backup.....
Hi, i'am Dutch and had the same problem but its quite easy to unbrick your Redmi 2/Pro.
After a good tip from @ingbrzy, I installed MiFlash - look for the 2014.05.09.0 version because newer version(s) did crash when trying to connect phone. Download the Fastboot ROM (1.5Gb) from Xiaomi Mi and extract the .tgz to a folder and after that extract the .tar - You have to do this in two steps! When looking for Fastboot Script file select the .bat and check flash_all or flash_all_except_data/_storage. Start your Redmi and you can install any update or stable ROM, I choose to install the stable ROM w/o root.

Reactions: ko3st68
@fkas69 Did you have to install all apps again after this proces? I tried yesterday evening with 2014.05.17 but that didn't do the trick. Im at the office now and will try tonight. I first have to seek for the right fastboot file.

Hey ingbrzy can I make a feature request here? Would like to see built in the functionality of the F2L app from fossdroid where closing phone cover locks the phone. By proximity sensor. Anyone else?

Hey ingbrzy can I make a feature request here? Would like to see built in the functionality of the F2L app from fossdroid where closing phone cover locks the phone. By proximity sensor. Anyone else?
Double knock on screen for lock/unlock... Best solution

@ingbrzy still multi only for Xiaomi devices?
Yes. Please don't ask. We have already 12 devices and our compile time takes more than 2 hours. Also uploads get bigger as Note Pro rom has over 600 MB. This takes time and we don't want to spend whole Friday doing release and Saturday with OTA. Also I removed support for non Xiaomi devices from script and don't want to include it again. MIUI is for Xiaomi devices.
You can test MIUI on Nexus 5 or whatever but true MIUI experience you will get having it on Xiaomi device. Especially when Xiaomi offers whole bunch of different devices with different specs, performance, single sim, dual sim, large small, curved or rounded.

I see no reason using MIUI on Nexus 5 where Android 5.1 is better choice for this device as a factory OS, same as MIUI for Xiaomi.

Wysłane z MI Note

Ok, finally back on track. I did the update with fastboot. Yesterday evening it won't work now it did. It seems to be that miflash can't read any other folder then the image folder. For example i unrarred the file to: G:\xiaomi\fasbootname. Now I did the same to G:\fastbootname and it works like a charm. After fastbootrecovery i got back to 5.5.22 because the 5.5.29 file is corrupt for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.