MULTI 5.6.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fyi, there is no need to root your phone when you use the Xiaomi.eu rom. Root is build into these weekly builds. (Or is it different for mi3 phones?)
@n4der just like kiswum said, usually there is no need to use an external root utility. Might cause these issues. If it's not a problem, start fresh by wiping everything and starting over, without installing supersu.

Use the built-in root facility (in the security app) to manage things, plus disable permissions control (in the same app).

I still have a bug with Bluetooth on my MiPad. It overheats then kinda reboot the device.
Do others MiPad users have a similar issue ?
I will check it tonight with my BT headset, can you explain more about the problems you have? What is working and what isn't?
Did you performed the highly recommended factory restore, the first time that you used this ML rom? Did you performed a factory restore when you changed from Miui V5 to V6 around September/October last year?

I performed a factory reset when I switched to v6 last fall. But none since because everything was working as intended (so not so well, but I was getting by).

I connect my Tablet with my XiaoMi soundbar, then :
1) the tablet gets really hot
2) the sound drops, but my music player (Spotify) is still running as time goes by
3) can't deactivate Bluetooth
4) tablet freezes and perform somewhat a soft reset (it seems that everything is reloaded).

Sent from my SM-G906S using Tapatalk

After that update, a factory reset is indeed not needed.
I will test it with my Phillips BT speaker as well. I've got enough information from you.

For xiaomi mi4 fdd-lte can i use the cancro rom or?

And what is the best way to install xiaomi.eu roms?
First to instal the developersrom from en.miui.com and than to install the xiaomi.eu roms?

And flashy a great app or the original xiaomi flashtool???

For
And what is the best way to install xiaomi.eu roms?
First to instal the developersrom from en.miui.com and than to install the xiaomi.eu roms?

And flashy a great app or the original xiaomi flashtool???

This is what you need (don't know if there is a manual on this site, if not then the admins may use it).

This manual is based for only original Xiaomi phones, with the original EN/Chinese rom. I won't create a manual for fake phones or phones with a fake ML rom from a international webshops. I know that ibuygou delivers real Xiaomi phones with the original software.

1. Check what kind of phone you have, what is the Model and Device name. See via benchmarks apps and the back of the original box where you could find your phone
2. Download latest weekly release via your phone from this site.
3. Go to updater app or go to settings -> About phone -> System updates
4. Press on 3 dots in the upper right corner and choose to update package.
5. Browse to the release that you've downloaded.
6. Your phone will now boot to the original "Recovery menu" and will update the rom.

7. When the phone is updated it will reboot in a multilanguage menu.
8. Go to settings -> Additional Settings and find the backup and reset menu.
9. Delete all files and settings via Factory data reset.
10. Check the current time and timezone after the phone is booted.

No extra apps or roottools are needed. You can perform this from a stable Miui build to a stable or weekly Xiaomi.eu Multi Language build

(Sorry for any spelling mistakes or the wrong name of the menu. I type it without a Xiaomi phone nearby.)

thank you for your reply.

Have still some question, you can use mi-suite-tools to. With that pc application you can flash your device to.
But in the tutorial there says: This method only executes the flash_all script, meaning all data will be wiped from phone.

This means the updater app will not do this? Because when i recieve the phone i want a multi-lang rom with clear/wiped data for sure.

And overal Mi4i over the MI4 WICH ONE IS BETTER, because MI4 in FDD-LTE with the color blac isent out :( ,,,,

There is no multi-lang rom for the MI4i yet i see, but there is a twrp / root solution will it take long before one of the xiaomi.eu members translate this rom to dutch ??

@djbosanac, I never use external tools to update my Xiaomi devices. I only use my phone/tablet to update it from the original rom to this ML rom.
The updater app indeed doesn't wipe your data. This is not always needed, only when you switch from different rom.

Comparison between the Mi4 and Mi4i shouldn't be taken place in this topic. You can join me in this conversation on the Dutch www.tweakers.net. There is a Mi4 topic over there, if needed, I will create a Mi4i topic if there is more interest for it.

I installed the new stable cancro V6.5.3.0 and everything seems to work very well. Thank you very much! Great job!

Mi4 LTE - Spanish Language

i did wipe all the data and it solved the problem. Thank you very much for your help guys.
by the way I didn't know that the device is already rooted, how do i activate it?

thnaks again

i did wipe all the data and it solved the problem. Thank you very much for your help guys.
by the way I didn't know that the device is already rooted, how do i activate it?

thnaks again
The apo itself will ask for access.
When I use Total Commander and access the foot folder, the system asks me if I would like to enable root.

You can find it in your security app.

thnaks again
Yeah ofc, as I told you ;)
Anyway your phone is already rooted. You just have to add root permission for the desired application (eg. Root Explorer... etc.) when you are prompted:

Security app > Root Permissions

>> Sent from my Mi2S using Tapatalk <<

The latest stable version xiaomi.eu cancro is the best rom I've installed so far. Thank you so much!

Mi4 LTE

I performed a factory reset when I switched to v6 last fall. But none since because everything was working as intended (so not so well, but I was getting by).

I connect my Tablet with my XiaoMi soundbar, then :
1) the tablet gets really hot
2) the sound drops, but my music player (Spotify) is still running as time goes by
3) can't deactivate Bluetooth
4) tablet freezes and perform somewhat a soft reset (it seems that everything is reloaded).

Sorry can't reproduce it. I'm listening to YouTube movies for over an hour. The tablet stays cool and doesn't have problems with the videoclips which can be heard via my connected BT headset.

This is what you need (don't know if there is a manual on this site, if not then the admins may use it).

This manual is based for only original Xiaomi phones, with the original EN/Chinese rom. I won't create a manual for fake phones or phones with a fake ML rom from a international webshops. I know that ibuygou delivers real Xiaomi phones with the original software.

1. Check what kind of phone you have, what is the Model and Device name. See via benchmarks apps and the back of the original box where you could find your phone
2. Download latest weekly release via your phone from this site.
3. Go to updater app or go to settings -> About phone -> System updates
4. Press on 3 dots in the upper right corner and choose to update package.
5. Browse to the release that you've downloaded.
6. Your phone will now boot to the original "Recovery menu" and will update the rom.

7. When the phone is updated it will reboot in a multilanguage menu.
8. Go to settings -> Additional Settings and find the backup and reset menu.
9. Delete all files and settings via Factory data reset.
10. Check the current time and timezone after the phone is booted.

No extra apps or roottools are needed. You can perform this from a stable Miui build to a stable or weekly Xiaomi.eu Multi Language build

(Sorry for any spelling mistakes or the wrong name of the menu. I type it without a Xiaomi phone nearby.)

hi kiswum, do you have also a guide about upgrading from 4.12.5 to current version (including backup of complete system &restore)?

Hey guys, i've just upgraded my phone from mi2s to Mi4 LTE, which version should i now download? when the phone came, i checked the version but it says 66.33.99.00, im confused, any help?

Last edited:
I can't find this info... is stable available via OTA?

Sorry if it's been answered before.

Hey guys, i've just upgraded my phone from mi2s to Mi4 LTE, which version should i now download? when the phone came, i checked the version but it says 66.33.99.00, im confused, any help?
In this case you should download the fastboot rom from en.miui and flash it via MI flash. Then you can false multi rom

hi kiswum, do you have also a guide about upgrading from 4.12.5 to current version (including backup of complete system &restore)?
Upgrade path is the same if you are currently using the ML rom from this site.

A manual to make a backup?
You've asked it a few times, but the answer has already been given to you.
http://xiaomi.eu/community/index.php?posts/246193

Just click on backup and that's all. It will save all your local data. From apps to save games and e-mail settings.

Sorry can't reproduce it. I'm listening to YouTube movies for over an hour. The tablet stays cool and doesn't have problems with the videoclips which can be heard via my connected BT headset.
Ok, thanks for testing it out mate.

I'll probably have to somewhat do a wipe to be thorough, it's just gonna be such a pain since my Tablet and my SD card are almost full. I'm gonna need to back all that that data and then restore it...

Status
Not open for further replies.