MULTI 5.9.1/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. I updated as usual, go to miuiandroid.com on my m2s, then get the new aries. Then to updater app, install selected update.
The last 2 updates are a little bit buggy, because of the Dolby widget (somebody else also quoted this) and now the SwiftKey issue.
I never did something with the partitions.
In this case you don't have merged partitions. In order to get merged partitions on your device first you have to flash China developer fastboot ROM via MiFlash tool using flash_all script and then Install xiaomi.eu multilang ROM via updater app

Sent from Mi2S [MIUI7] using Tapatalk

No, 5. 9. 1. Beta.
It is even worse, no access to my music, photos, etc.
Can I downgrade to the previous rom?

No, 5. 9. 1. Beta.
It is even worse, no access to my music, photos, etc.
Can I downgrade to the previous rom?
download 5.9.2 and install again.. (reboot to previous version)

In this case you don't have merged partitions. In order to get merged partitions on your device first you have to flash China developer fastboot ROM via MiFlash tool using flash_all script and then Install xiaomi.eu multilang ROM via updater app

Sent from Mi2S [MIUI7] using Tapatalk

I really do not understand, I do this for a long time this way, why does it go wrong this week?
I always update multilang aries, nothing new.

download 5.9.2 and install again.. (reboot to previous version)

Stupid question: how do I reboot to previous version?
And: my phone does not recognize sd card anymore, so it is impossible to download something.
Is it possible to install a rom using usb stick on the go?

Last edited:
I really do not understand, I do this for a long time this way, why does it go wrong this week?
I always update multilang aries, nothing new.

Merged partitions (unified storage) solution is eliminate the strict data partition issue in Mi2, that is restricted to 3,7GB for installed apps. Lot of Mi2 users have been suffered from this issue.
There is a specified method to get merged partitions. If you just update ROMs via updater app or via MiRecovery you will not have merged partitions...

Anyway...first update to 5.9.2 as usual via updater app and give feedback your issue solved or not after the update

Merged partitions (unified storage) solution is eliminate the tight data partition issue in Mi2, that is restricted to 3,7GB for installed apps. Lot of Mi2 users have been suffered from this issue.
There is a specified method to get merged partitions. If you just update ROMs via updater app or via MiRecovery you will not have merged partitions...

Anyway...first update to 5.9.2 as usual via updater app and give feedback your issue solved or not after the update

Would be a good idea, but I am not abke to download anything, because my phone does not see storage anymore....but I can use on the go usb!

Would be a good idea, but I am not abke to download anything, because my phone does not see storage anymore....

It is easy....restart the phone in recovery mode and then reboot to other system (not the latest), after that download 5.9.2 and update via updater app

Reactions: Eleni
redmi note 2 Bug:
not receive SMS
FC facebook messenger
FC youtube
FC some other 3rd party applications
Thank you!

I got stuck in recovery loop , fixed it by using miflash to flash JLB49 fastboot rom. Can I know try to update to multilangue by using updater app and this version
5.9.1/2 ?

Redmi 2 (model 813) - Hot Spot connection to a PC/Other Phone... is showing as connected but no internet access.
Already tried some work around as enabling Android System data Roaming and disabling data saving.
Any other ideas??
I have the same phone as you, but still on miui 6, and had that same problem in April, for almost 2 months, as you can read here:
http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/hotspot-connects-but-doesnt-transmit-internet.27556/#post-248616

The solution that I refer in it (editing the "settings.db" table), which oddly didn't work the first time I've tried it, but worked the second time, is discribed in the first post of this thread:
http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=46859&extra=&highlight=Tethering&page=1

Please try it, and I would appreciate if you come back to tell me if it worked, because hotspot function is essential for me;
With this solution, I was able to update normally to the following versions of miui 6, without losing the function.
But if it now reverses to not working with miui 7 and the solution doesn't work anymore, I won't update to miui 7 ever.

Reactions: shaul sudai
It is easy....restart the phone in recovery mode and then reboot to other system (not the latest), after that download 5.9.2 and update via updater app

Thank you so much, this changed my phone back to almost normal! I can live with the dolby app, it will disappear someday.
When you merge the 2 partitions, you probably lose the posibility to resolve a problem like mine, right?
Still don't understand why there were 2 different updates this week, it seems one of them updated within a day from 5.9.1 to 5.9.2.

Thank you so much, this changed my phone back to almost normal! I can live with the dolby app, it will disappear someday.
When you merge the 2 partitions, you probably lose the posibility to resolve a problem like mine, right?

No. After you have got merged partitions on your device, you will not lose the dual system option in MiRecovery, it remains the same. You don't lose anything, it has no any disadvantage.
Only difference is (in case of 32GB version MI2) you will have 29GB unified storage for anything that is common partition for installed apps, pictures, videos, music...etc) instead of partitioned storage where you have only 3,7GB data partition for installed apps. I do not even know how can you live without merged partitions on MI2 ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: krassiy and gatarba
Hello, I am a happy posséceur of at the middle 4i I would like to install(settle) the miui v7 international, I have to buy my such on ibuygou and at present am on the version miui v7 6.6.10.0 LXIMICF and my recovery is 2.0.1, I do not know how to install(settle) him(it)!
Directly with the recovery? If yes, needs he(it) to change him(it)?
At the middle-flash, fastboot?
I am completely lost!!
Can use me svp?

I have the same phone as you, but still on miui 6, and had that same problem in April, for almost 2 months, as you can read here:
http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/hotspot-connects-but-doesnt-transmit-internet.27556/#post-248616

The solution that I refer in it (editing the "settings.db" table), which oddly didn't work the first time I've tried it, but worked the second time, is discribed in the first post of this thread:
http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=46859&extra=&highlight=Tethering&page=1

Please try it, and I would appreciate if you come back to tell me if it worked, because hotspot function is essential for me;
With this solution, I was able to update normally to the following versions of miui 6, without losing the function.
But if it now reverses to not working with miui 7 and the solution doesn't work anymore, I won't update to miui 7 ever.

Hi tonirai,
As you suggested i have edit setting.db and it started to work like magic.
Thank you very much for advice.

Developers could you fix it in the next update?

Status
Not open for further replies.