MULTI 5.9.1/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still don't understand why there were 2 different updates this week, it seems one of them updated within a day from 5.9.1 to 5.9.2.

5.9.1 aries release works on merged partition Mi2 only without issues, 5.9.2 works on both merged and not merged without issues.
So, you have already updated to 5.9.2 via updater app, and you don't have the previous SD storage issue...am I right? Please confirm!

Reactions: MannyRibo
Hi tonirai,
As you suggested i have edit setting.db and it started to work like magic.
Thank you very much for advice.

Developers could you fix it in the next update?
You're welcome, glad it worked and happy to know the procedure still works.
They won't fix it because, to my understanding, it's something embedded in android version (not in miui version).
But normally, you are good to go and it won't "disconfigure" again (it stayed ok in mine, after multiple updates of miui 6).

5.9.1 aries release works on merged partition Mi2 only without issues, 5.9.2 works on both merged and not merged without issues.
So, you have already updated to 5.9.2 via updater app, and you don't have the previous SD storage issue...am I right? Please confirm!

Yes, the storage issue has been solved, thanks!
How can I know which version of aries I need, for the future roms?

Reactions: krassiy
Same problems, I can't also receive text messages.

I can't download the ROM on miui website. Any mirror?

No. After you have got merged the partitions on your device, you will not lose the dual system option in MiRecovery, it remains the same. You don't lose anything, it has no any disadvantage.
Only difference is (in case of 32GB version MI2) you will have 29GB unified storage for anything that is common partition for installed apps, pictures, videos, music...etc) instead of partitioned storage where you have only 3,7GB data partition for installed apps. I do not even know how can you live without merged partitions on MI2 ;)

I can live with this , but I have to restrain myself from downloading too many apps, and delete some from time to time.
Don't know exactly what I have to download and install to emerge both partitions, you mentioned a chinese rom.
To have more storage appeals to me!

No longer can customize themes, the icon is no longer present.
Someone else has the same problem ?

I can live with this , but I have to restrain myself from downloading too many apps, and delete some from time to time.
Don't know exactly what I have to download and install to emerge both partitions, you mentioned a chinese rom.
To have more storage appeals to me!
After fastboot flashing the Chinese rom for merged partitions, you can install multilang rom through mi recovery, with factory reset.

Last edited:
Reactions: krassiy and graw2
Redmi 2 HM 2014813
Minor bug: font size selection doesn't work with italian language set (size options appear when system language is changed to english).

Inviato dal mio 2014813 utilizzando Tapatalk

Redmi 2 HM 2014813
Minor bug: font size selection doesn't work with italian language set (size options appear when system language is changed to english).

Inviato dal mio 2014813 utilizzando Tapatalk
Report it to IT repo

~Tapatalk~

~Tapatalk~
OK so currently i'm downloading the Chinese ROM of 5.9.2 for my redmi note 2.
How should i do?
Use updater for this Chinese version then when it's done see if i can use YouTube, receive text messages, ear phone calls, etc and then try again this EU version?

Ok, so on the chinese version i can use stuff and send text messages etc.
Then when i get the EU version it gets all the problems.

Guess ill use the chinese version till next EU update.
EU ROM for Hermes (Redmi Note2) it's broken.

mi2s whith no merged partition. Can I flash 5.9.2 or there are any issues like I had whit 5.9.1?

Cant install 5.9.1 on mi4 W cancro keeps telling me error not cancro cm cancro? Cwm rcovery...

thanks, luckily in the other sys Sd was ok, so I did downgrade to 5.8.27, but now Ill flash that

I got stuck in recovery loop , fixed it by using miflash to flash JLB49 fastboot rom. Can I know try to update to multilangue by using updater app and this version
5.9.1/2 ?

When I try to update using updater app I get an error '' Couldnt install update: Download rom (standard)'' . It also seems I am not able to boot in system 2 only in system 1. Any solutions?

i try to install it by cwm but it says:

this is package for cancro devices..this is a "aosp cancro".
What can I do? Never happened before.

I have sys1 --> lollipop by ivan
sys2 --> miui multi lang downloaded from your site.
Please help! :( :(

Installation script changed by Xiaomi.. no more support for old CWM... use stock MiRecovery...

So basically, if we have cwm, we have to get back to stock mi recovery and install it on sys1??? :(
I can not do that, buddy. As I said in a next post, I have separated the 2 systems, what will happen if we do like you suggested?

in my xiaomi redmi 2 2014811 I can't to make the display of recent app to large reivew.... (I a'm useing eu 5.9.1)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-03-20-09-20.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-03-20-09-20.png
    258.6 KB · Views: 321
Status
Not open for further replies.