MULTI 5.9.17/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.9.18. Working great on RedmiNote2...

No screen flashing like on previous version...
It seems that battery is slightly better on last version...

Minote Pro can reduce resolution to 720p in Setting/Display. Can you add 1080p to this function, we can save battery life but with 1080p the image display is good

Could you please tell me if you also have an abnormal consumption data under 3g? Yesterday's consumed 400 MB and this morning in two hours over 250mb.

Since the three last updates, there is a bug on the theme application, when i want to put a lockcreen wallpaper it's impossible to select a picture from the list that make nothing when I select a picture.

And I want to know if its normal that on the contact list, when i consult a contact, there isn't any more the slide left/right to display the call log on left, and the facebook status on the right
Thanks
I'm on MI2S french language
Call log moved to contact details. Open any contact from your contact list and scroll down to "call history details". It is available only in case if you have had phone conversation previously with that contact.

If the person is not in your contact list, the call log is available from recents: just tap on the small arrow on the right side of the screen in the recents list.

Sent from Mi2S [MIUI7] using Tapatalk

Reactions: Itachi-senseï
After clean install i don't have chinese tag name in file explorer, before wipe i have them too.

Minote Pro can reduce resolution to 720p in Setting/Display. Can you add 1080p to this function, we can save battery life but with 1080p the image display is good

Oh I would love to have this option for mi3 :O

Since this update I'm unavailable from time to time, not sure is it because of the rom or there are some network problems.

As legitimate as the phone you bought :) this is the place for all development there is for Xiaomi outside of China.. And its all official and free of charge ;) so enjoy your stay here dude..

Sent from my MI NOTE Pro
Thank you, the_maker! To clarify: I've been using the forums at en.miui.com to request features, report bugs, get changelogs and so on for the last couple of months. Have I been using the wrong forums all along, i.e., should I have been doing that here instead?

Reactions: the_maker
I have a problem that is still not fixed. In some situations the screen doesn't respond to wake up. Pressing buttons do nothing. The phone is on because you can hear notifications and receiving calls. The only way to solve this issue is rebooting or removing the battery.

I have had 5.9.2, 5.9.9, 5.9.11, 5.9.15 and 5.9.18 and the only fix I've noticed is screen flickering.

Thank you, the_maker! To clarify: I've been using the forums at en.miui.com to request features, report bugs, get changelogs and so on for the last couple of months. Have I been using the wrong forums all along, i.e., should I have been doing that here instead?
Not really, you've been doing it well.
The features and some bugs are due the the original ROMs, so to report there is the right thing if it's a general problem;

Here, it's more a translation place, and turn the ROMs more "european", so you should report here the problems due to the translation action.

Anyway, if you report here, the mods or the folks more up to date with things will tell you if it's a general bug.

In the details of battery usage, I see the Wi-Fi constantly on, even if disconnected (mobile data on or off)
5fa77bff398aed88aba2609b78641e8c.jpg

This is like this in all last versions (Redmi2 2Gb)

Reactions: mnikolce
I have a problem that is still not fixed. In some situations the screen doesn't respond to wake up. Pressing buttons do nothing. The phone is on because you can hear notifications and receiving calls. The only way to solve this issue is rebooting or removing the battery.

I have had 5.9.2, 5.9.9, 5.9.11, 5.9.15 and 5.9.18 and the only fix I've noticed is screen flickering.
It can be an hardware problem...

install the game called p0rtal in MIPAD and connect a generic usb joystick but does not recognize me some buttons, only 4 of the axes, I need to know how to make you root this rom to use tincore, anyone know?

Oh I would love to have this option for mi3 :O
Can you share a screenshot of this setting?

Sent from my Moto X Pure Edition

I have noticed this too, from time to time. I think it has to do with the kernel driver for the lcd, because when the screen is of it's fully black, but when this happens it's illuminated black (and the touch screen responds while I'm not getting any image on the screen)

Reactions: sergei.hassanov
I have noticed this too, from time to time. I think it has to do with the kernel driver for the lcd, because when the screen is of it's fully black, but when this happens it's illuminated black (and the touch screen responds while I'm not getting any image on the screen)
I have the same problem, my previous version was 5.9.10 and I do not noticed this wake up problem...I guess that is a software problem.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

I have the same problem

i cant get one thing, i received the update 5.9.18 on hermes device, and updated, question is, is there some difference between updating via ota or clean install? ...in 3g connection i have always had a big battery drop, and still have so thought it could be ota update needing wipe or sth...

i cant get one thing, i received the update 5.9.18 on hermes device, and updated, question is, is there some difference between updating via ota or clean install? ...in 3g connection i have always had a big battery drop, and still have so thought it could be ota update needing wipe or sth...
Good question... I don't have those problems, but I've got the same doubts... If OTA update is "clean enough"... Does it automatically makes some wipes before installing, etc?

There is no difference between installation via updater app or OTA..

~Tapatalk~

Hi

This ROM is compatible with TD-LTE version of Redmi Note 2 (exactly same hardware)?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.