MULTI 6.1.14

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all those with the folder problem i found a temporary solution.

1. Go to this folder... Path root>data>data>com.miui.home>shared_pref

2. Open com.miui.home_preferences.XML with RB Text Editor

3. Change
<boolean
name"key_enable_recommended_apps_view_146"
value="true"/>
To value="false"/>

4. Force close launcher and see the magic for yourself.

*note if you create a new folder a new entry will be created by default with a new number for example...
<boolean
name"key_enable_recommended_apps_view_147" (**instead of 146 which was the one I used as example**)
value="true"/>

And you'll have to repeat step 3&4 for it to work with the new folder.

Of course I'm trying to find a definitive solution for the bug. Meanwhile that works.

***UPDATE*** method 2 which is definitive...

1. Extracted from old 6.1.7 zip the MiuiHome.apk which can be found at system>priv-data>MiuiHome to root of storage.

2. Rebooted to recovery (TWRP)

3. Mounted system partition

4. In file manager within TWRP copied extracted apk in first step to system>priv-app>MiuiHome replacing the new apk included on 6.1.14.

5. Reboot and delete old folders. New ones should come without a problem.

**note... Always have a 6.1.14 zip around in case anything go wrong. If so just re flash it in recovery to fix.
Final note... I did the mentioned above on a Mi4C can't say if works on other devices.

Last edited:
For RMN2:
When I receive a call while I am using one app, it display full screen.

I want it display a mini flash same old rom.

Hope dev fix it

Of course. But it's not updated every week... Maybe once a month.
And you don't have to press "check for updates"... If you configure your phone to check automatically, it will let you know when there's a new version.

Sent from my Redmi 2 (2014813) using Tapatalk
But the downloaded file name (weekly) are different from OTA's (starting with "Miui multi Global ... ) in the "downloaded_rom" folder. Are they jsut same zip files in different name?

Please, please, please, could you please give me feedback on rn2?
Gmail notifications are workin?
Something else is wrong?

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: MatrixLinux
For all those with the folder problem i found a temporary solution.

1. Go to this folder... Path root>data>data>com.miui.home>shared_pref

2. Open com.miui.home_preferences.XML with RB Text Editor

3. Change
<boolean
name"key_enable_recommended_apps_view_146"
value="true"/>
To value="false"/>

4. Force close launcher and see the magic for yourself.

*note if you create a new folder a new entry will be created by default with a new number for example...
<boolean
name"key_enable_recommended_apps_view_147" (**instead of 146 which was the one I used as example**)
value="true"/>

And you'll have to repeat step 3&4 for it to work with the new folder.

Of course I'm trying to find a definitive solution for the bug. Meanwhile that works.

***UPDATE*** method 2 which is definitive...

1. Extracted from old 6.1.7 zip the MiuiHome.apk which can be found at system>priv-data>MiuiHome to root of storage.

2. Rebooted to recovery (TWRP)

3. Mounted system partition

4. In file manager within TWRP copied extracted apk in first step to system>priv-app>MiuiHome replacing the new apk included on 6.1.14.

5. Reboot and delete old folders. New ones should come without a problem.

**note... Always have a 6.1.14 zip around in case anything go wrong. If so just re flash it in recovery to fix.
Final note... I did the mentioned above on a Mi4C can't say if works on other devices.
hey Dude you live in the Future.... GREAT.. Well DOne :cool:

Reactions: Stefano131270
New (negative) I found (I have the sMiui, but, being based on multi Xiaomi.eu, the speech I think also applies to the EU). Until now, once I updated the rom, I had to reactivate some apps, like SuperSu and FasterGps and report system / media / audio / ringtones custom ringtones for contacts, copied from the external sd. Once copied to the aforementioned folder, automatically contacts were associated with the music selection. But now no longer grants permission to transfer files in folders system. You have to associate the tone of the contacts one by one by selecting the folder that I have in my external sd. I guess this is the further attempt xiaomi to put a spoke in the wheels developers. In fact, when I try to insert a file I get the message that I do not have permits.

Status
Not open for further replies.