MULTI 6.1.14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please give me the link to the fastboot images for Mi 4c for 6.1.7 (bootloader still unlocked)?
So far I just found out that the filename starts with libra_images_6.1.7_20151221.0000.11_5.1_cn

Thanks a lot in advance

DUDE, where did that cat?
normal.gif

Hey Dude I must FLASH NEW WEEKLY.

FASTBOOT reboot recovery :cool::cool:

For all those with the folder problem i found a temporary solution.

1. Go to this folder... Path root>data>data>com.miui.home>shared_pref

2. Open com.miui.home_preferences.XML with RB Text Editor

3. Change
<boolean
name"key_enable_recommended_apps_view_146"
value="true"/>
To value="false"/>

4. Force close launcher and see the magic for yourself.

*note if you create a new folder a new entry will be created by default with a new number for example...
<boolean
name"key_enable_recommended_apps_view_147" (**instead of 146 which was the one I used as example**)
value="true"/>

And you'll have to repeat step 3&4 for it to work with the new folder.

Of course I'm trying to find a definitive solution for the bug. Meanwhile that works.

***UPDATE*** method 2 which is definitive...

1. Extracted from old 6.1.7 zip the MiuiHome.apk which can be found at system>priv-data>MiuiHome to root of storage.

2. Rebooted to recovery (TWRP)

3. Mounted system partition

4. In file manager within TWRP copied extracted apk in first step to system>priv-app>MiuiHome replacing the new apk included on 6.1.14.

5. Reboot and delete old folders. New ones should come without a problem.

**note... Always have a 6.1.14 zip around in case anything go wrong. If so just re flash it in recovery to fix.
Final note... I did the mentioned above on a Mi4C can't say if works on other devices.
Awesome! Thank you!

Gửi từ Redmi Note 2 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

I've redmi note 3 with ROM xiaomi.eu 6.1.11 and the 6.1.14 is detected via OTA, can i install 6.1.14 via OTA?
Thanks

Hi, i just installed the new MiUI7.1 GLOBAL stable ROM on (my brothers) Mi2... (http://en.miui.com/thread-204184-1-1.html)

However, it seems to be a cruel joke from Xiaomi, since it is NOT global at all. Only English language, only Asian locales. Is it posssible to flash other languages to this ROM, and if so, how? Or do i have to flash a different ROM, and if so, which one? I'm looking for a stable/global/lollipop ROM with EU languages.

Mi4c updated without any problem using updater app. I have the bug on folder but just on the new folder created after upgrade. No bug on previous folders.
Many thanks to all. Great job

hey Dude I suggest you to use APP MAIL in ROm Hermes.. I use for all my accounts mails.... fast and useful.. and solve problem with f°ck°n° GOOGLE GMAIL
Also K9mail is a very good app , and have a very nice plus respect native app, you can configure gmail and other (if the server can) in push, the mail arrive in a second and the drain of battery is less

Reactions: alfiogardenia
For all those with the folder problem i found a temporary solution.

1. Go to this folder... Path root>data>data>com.miui.home>shared_pref

2. Open com.miui.home_preferences.XML with RB Text Editor

3. Change
<boolean
name"key_enable_recommended_apps_view_146"
value="true"/>
To value="false"/>

4. Force close launcher and see the magic for yourself.

*note if you create a new folder a new entry will be created by default with a new number for example...
<boolean
name"key_enable_recommended_apps_view_147" (**instead of 146 which was the one I used as example**)
value="true"/>

And you'll have to repeat step 3&4 for it to work with the new folder.

Of course I'm trying to find a definitive solution for the bug. Meanwhile that works.

***UPDATE*** method 2 which is definitive...

1. Extracted from old 6.1.7 zip the MiuiHome.apk which can be found at system>priv-data>MiuiHome to root of storage.

2. Rebooted to recovery (TWRP)

3. Mounted system partition

4. In file manager within TWRP copied extracted apk in first step to system>priv-app>MiuiHome replacing the new apk included on 6.1.14.

5. Reboot and delete old folders. New ones should come without a problem.

**note... Always have a 6.1.14 zip around in case anything go wrong. If so just re flash it in recovery to fix.
Final note... I did the mentioned above on a Mi4C can't say if works on other devices.
Hi...! I do not have the "priv-data" folder in my "system" folder (ROM 6.1.7). I found the MiuiHome.apk in the "priv-app" which I will backup now in order to replace the one that comes with ROM 6.1.14. Thanks very much for this fixing tip...! Great...!

UPDATE (6.1.14)
Well, I did a new folder in the homescreen, mixing two shortcuts together, and no bug ...!? So I guess I don't have to replace the MiuiHome.apk...! Or am I missing something...?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryan Maldonado
normally if the ROOT is on the ROM, by just updating the ROM , you should not lose the ROOT
this is the situation with the xiaomi.eu ROMS
but the REDMI NOTE 3 is quite different with their new security policies (XIAOMI)
try to update as usual the last rom and check if the root is kept
I lost root everytime I update new ROM. My device appreared not to have root access though there were root settings in Security app. I have to flash supersu manually everytime I update.

Seems like custom ROM's default root access is not allowed?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: d33ptyp3
Hi...! I do not have the "priv-data" folder in my "system" folder (ROM 6.1.7). I found the MiuiHome.apk in the "priv-app" which I will backup now in order to replace the one that comes with ROM 6.1.14. Thanks very much for this fixing tip...! Great...!

UPDATE (6.1.14)
Well, I did a new folder in the homescreen, mixing two shortcuts together, and no bug ...!? So I guess I don't have to replace the MiuiHome.apk...! Or am I missing something...?
You can try creating a new folder, you'll see.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

UPDATE (6.1.14)
Sure? Creating a new folder and after opening it for the second time the bug was present for me. Also I did not created the folder on the home tab, I did in my last page instead.

Reactions: Rui Cambraia
Sure? Creating a new folder and after opening it for the second time the bug was present for me. Also I did not created the folder on the home tab, I did in my last page instead.
OK... the second time, yes I have the bug. Tricky bug hum...? Only the second time you open the folder... So I will replace the MiuiHome.apk. You are the best...!

Status
Not open for further replies.