MULTI 6.1.28/29/2.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
this is my first Xiaomi phone and my first post here... sorry if I write something wrong.
I've bought a Redmi Note 2 Prime, tried preinstalled rom and everything was working well.
As suggested everywhere I've installed the international developer rom 6.1.29 and everything still continue working great except for the WiFi. I've a strange issue with this: it connects to my wifi but it starts disconnecting and reconnecting continuesly every few seconds. Do you have any idea what it can be and how can I fix this? My router get crazy and after some hours I've to restart it.
About battery... I don't know if it is the maximum I can get from this phone/rom but with a normal use I arrive at the end of the day with 10-15%.
Thanks everyone of you for the great work!
Hello Friend, the ROM 6.1.29 has no problem with Wi-Fi, try connecting with another router, one that opened as you can find in a bar. For the battery depends on how many hours of screen turned on you, you use applications, etc., I arrived in the evening with a lot more power than you. I leave all active synchronizations?

Hello Friend, the ROM 6.1.29 has no problem with Wi-Fi, try connecting with another router, one that opened as you can find in a bar. For the battery depends on how many hours of screen turned on you, you use applications, etc., I arrived in the evening with a lot more power than you. I leave all active synchronizations?

Hi Stefano, thanks a lot for your kind reply. I'll try with some other router but... how can I do to use my Note 2 at home with the router I have? And... why I hadn't this problem with the preinstalled rom?
About battery life... for normal use I talk about just phone call and some bluetooth synchronization with my smartwath and some gmail or twitter check while walking with my dogs. I've not so many accounts to synchronize: just google, whatsapp, twitter. The screen luminosity is always set manual and under the 50%. Power profile is on balance. Do you have the 2.2Ghz x10 or the 2.0?

Hi Stefano, thanks a lot for your kind reply. I'll try with some other router but... how can I do to use my Note 2 at home with the router I have? And... why I hadn't this problem with the preinstalled rom?
About battery life... for normal use I talk about just phone call and some bluetooth synchronization with my smartwath and some gmail or twitter check while walking with my dogs. I've not so many accounts to synchronize: just google, whatsapp, twitter. The screen luminosity is always set manual and under the 50%. Power profile is on balance. Do you have the 2.2Ghz x10 or the 2.0?

Sorry. Can not confirm Stefano. Had strong problems with Wifi and BT (6.1.29, see my posts before ). Now I am back to stable Rom and Wifi as well as BT is ok.
(RN2 prime)

Hello zot, try removing the phone WiFi which gives you problems, you still doing a search and enter the password if any. Also try to do a wipe cache if long you do not, because your battery lasts too little. The ROM 1.6.29 is the best for me as life. I manually light about 40%. Always keep clean the cache and uses the cleaning program. I have the 2.2 Ghz. Sorry for my English

Sorry. Can not confirm Stefano. Had strong problems with Wifi and BT (6.1.29, see my posts before ). Now I am back to stable Rom and Wifi as well as BT is ok.
(RN2 prime)
Hello, sorry, I did not understand! those who had problems? Maybe I?

Hello zot, try removing the phone WiFi which gives you problems, you still doing a search and enter the password if any. Also try to do a wipe cache if long you do not, because your battery lasts too little. The ROM 1.6.29 is the best for me as life. I manually light about 40%. Always keep clean the cache and uses the cleaning program. I have the 2.2 Ghz. Sorry for my English

I've tried to connect to another WiFi (a pocket 4G router I have) and it is working without any problem.
So, as you suggested, I tried deleting the other WiFi (the one is giving me problem) and re-connect entering again the password. No way... it started again disconnecting and reconnecting again... for example Netflix can't stream because it is continuesly interrupted by the disconnections.

Reactions: Stefano131270
I've tried to connect to another WiFi (a pocket 4G router I have) and it is working without any problem.
So, as you suggested, I tried deleting the other WiFi (the one is giving me problem) and re-connect entering again the password. No way... it started again disconnecting and reconnecting again... for example Netflix can't stream because it is continuesly interrupted by the disconnections.
We made a small step forward, now it remains to understand why with your router does not work!

Perhaps, I have no problem. For me the ROM 6.1.29 is the best, then 5.12.24. From November with the new weekly I never had problems
I'm sorry, i don't have a solution for zot71, but i can confirm what Stefano said. I also have no problem with 6.1.29. My router is Cisco EPC3925, if that is any help. RN2 Prime.

Hello, sorry, I did not understand! those who had problems? Maybe I?

No ! It was me who had this strange Wifi and BT Problem with weekly 6.1.29 and weekly Roms before. (But I was not the only one... @Stefano68 confirmed - he had same problem)

And Wifi issue was not a problem of my router at home (Fritz! 7390). I had Wifi issue on public hotspots (airport or train station) too. For me the only way was downgrading to stabe rom. Now Wifi works.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, i don't have a solution for zot71, but i can confirm what Stefano said. I also have no problem with 6.1.29. My router is Cisco EPC3925, if that is any help. RN2 Prime.

My router is a Tiesse (Imola 0320-B4) and my phone is a RN2 Prime too :(

I agree with you!
in spanish sorry...
http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=1120750

fix the RN2 bt bad working. change the baseband, actualy RN2 has p51, in this tutorial, the las baseband works, is the p37. is a zip, you must to instal fron the twrp.

my bt, work better, but not perfect. some times i need to off and on my bt, because it spot working, but i drive more thna 2 hours and playing spotify in my bt radio and perfect.

No ! It was me who had this strange Wifi and BT Problem with weekly 6.1.29 and weekly Roms before. (But I was not the only one... @Stefano68 confirmed - he had same problem)

And Wifi issue was not a problem of my router at home (Fritz! 7390). I had Wifi issue on public hotspots (airport or train station) too. For me the only way was downgrading to stabe rom. Now Wifi works.
;)

Hello guys! I am using mi2s and wanted to know about root privileges. Is it possible to grant an app root access in the latest build of miui out of the box? Like it was in 4.11 rom? I am considering an upgrade from 4.11 to this build. And also a question about battery life. How long can phone be alive in standby mode (when only mobile signal enabled)? Thanks!

You know, the funniest thing is that someone crying for newer version, gets it, finds some bugs, starts to cry, that's it unusable, starts to cry again how to downgrade :)

So, live happily, wait and you'll be rewarded. No point to have newest version just to have it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk
I think Marshmallow ROM Hermes is tested.... other I don't know... but for RN2 we have a good rom

How long can phone be alive in standby mode (when only mobile signal enabled)?

This depends very much on the mobile signal strength. With a strong signal, I'm sure the phone can standby for several days. With a very poor signal, your battery may drain in a few hours.

Reactions: cpu82
Status
Not open for further replies.