MIUI 8.2 6.12.29

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
full flash = clean all (option in miflash) --> I'll lose my photos, messages and others ? :confused:

Xiaomi.eu Rom can't be use in miflash tools ?

Here I can acess my internal storage using twrp with my usb cable plugged in my pc.
So if this options don't work for you try to flash 6.12.8, 6.12.15 or 6.12.22. make a backup on your pc.

Last edited:
Try to flash 6.12.15. make a backup on your pc.

nothing works,
flash 6.12.22, 6.11.10 using twrp 3.0.2-3 --> bootloop
flash using miflash with the official global dev 6.11.10 (save user data option) --> device reboot and stuck in Mi logo

now I try using miflash with the global dev 6.11.10 (clean all) --> hope my device will be work :( :( :(

nothing works,
flash 6.12.22, 6.11.10 using twrp 3.0.2-3 --> bootloop
flash using miflash with the official global dev 6.11.10 (save user data option) --> device reboot and stuck in Mi logo

now I try using miflash with the global dev 6.11.10 (clean all) --> hope my device will be work :( :( :(

Finally using miflash and clean all option, device reboot normally --> now I can backup everything using micloud
:)

There was a feature in a previous rom and wondering if it has been removed from this version?

The option to lock homescreen icons, so they could not be moved.

Someone previously done it by mistake and solution was given to unlock them.

Can't find the option again to lock them.

Still same problem, in APN list Lowi operator missing. Please could you add it?
More info:
https://www.lowi.es/configurar-internet-en-el-telefono/
http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=963964

CHANGELOG

Highlights
New - Birthday reminders in Calendar with Chinese lunar calendar support (12-27)
New - Export birthday reminders from Contacts (12-27)
New - Personal hotspot is now mutually recognizable by iOS devices (12-27)

System
Fix - Device froze in some cases (12-27)

Phone
Fix - Device rebooted in some cases (12-27)

Settings
New - Personal hotspot is now mutually recognizable by iOS devices (12-27)

Calendar
New - Export birthday reminders from Contacts (12-28)

For Mi4c, Mi4s, MiNotePRO stopped 5.1 updates because of testing Android 7.0
For MiMAX and MiMAX Pro released 6.12.22 Android 6.0 as final step before Android 7.0 installation

Do you manual wipe system in anytime ? System partition must not be wiped.

I didn't make a wipe system but I'm happy I did it, my device work again ;)
:):)
this is how I did that
1) using miflash to install global dev 6.11.10 -- clean all
2) after reboot, stop the device configurator
3) flash xiaomi recovery using twrp 3.0.2-0 (I don't know why but if using other twrp, you got a bootloop)
4) wipe cache, dalvik cache and data
5) install the xiaomi.eu 6.11.10
6) now everything seems work normally before I did the upgrade from android 6.1 toward android 7.0

For the next upgrade/update, I'll make a nandroid backup before doing anything :)

Can you please explain how you get back to 6.11.10 android 6 ?
I try by using twrp from 6.12.29, I make a clean dalvik, cache before going back to 6.11.10 but I got a bootloop :(
You can check CPU usage by activation "show CPU usage" in Settings / Additional Settings / Developer Options / show CPU usage , looks like CPUZ cannot handle MPdecision.

lets wait for 8.1.x.x
@ingbrzy
Hi i see this rom mi-pad/development/miui-smoke-rom4-4-4-t3527757 on xda is a bomb.
You think there is a possibility to have a multilang of this.

Is, i think, the only possibility now to have a good rom for the mipad.

Attachments

• Schermata 2017-01-03 alle 18.43.04.png
    Schermata 2017-01-03 alle 18.43.04.png
    145.2 KB · Views: 317
Bug:
When wanted to use "Unlock with bluetooth device" my phone doesn't see the connected devices!
They were added before as a "trusted ones"!

Does other Kate users have rear camera focus problem?
I just tried camera for the first time on this release and it doesn't focus at all.
Front camera works so far.

Can someone explain to me why system partition must not be wiped? Does it not get wiped by flashing new rom anyway?

Manual wipe system can become to brick the device.

Update/install rom have an install script that make the necessary modifications to the system partition.

Hi, i installed both 8.0.10.0 (stable) and 6.12.29 (weekly) on my MI 5s but none of them has Swedish language what i can find... am i missing something?

Any thoughts on this? I get LTE on AT&T on Puerto Rico(US Territory) with my Mi 5S.
c001f90663cb29d20c8b63fae37e0484.jpg

40ef27fd2c7d2e9b23ee5e3183d57af8.jpg

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

On Mi5 the GPS lock time is very bad (more than 5 minutes on the outside, and around 30 sec after warmup). And after a lock it struggles to get any better than a 100m precision.

I've tried to change gps.conf to set NTP server to local servers but it didn't got any better.

The EPO seems to not work also (at least it doesn't show on GPS Test application - downloaded from Google Play).

In comparison Oneplus 3 (stock firmware) gets lock in 10 seconds and a sub 10m precision where the Mi5 can't even get a lock.

This was way better with miui 7.

Reactions: nicolasch2
Status
Not open for further replies.