MIUI 8.2 6.12.8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was comparing mi 5s stable rom ported by xiaomi.eu and the 6.12.8 version by xiaomi.eu
the stable version have more vivid screen than the 6.12.8 version, while on the setting > display > color & contrast have same setting on automatic contrast

1. I updated TWRP 3.0.2.3 (Twrp select install then choose image and those to recovery and done)
2. Reboot
3. Install xiaomi eu 6.12.8 in TWPR
4. Then just wipe cache/dalvik
5. Reboot

My MI5 works ok :)

Androik 7 is OK :)

Guys,i just installed Xposed, and it seems it breaks MIUI notification icons (appears a blank space instead). A I the only one?
Kenzo 6.12.8 Xposed v87

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-13-13-42-24-800_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-13-13-42-24-800_com.android.settings.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 347
Help! I flashed the MI5 Rom before you reuploaded it. My mi5 is now hard bricked. It has no charge light, cant boot to twrp, turn on and is not detected by PC. Is there anything I can do? Any help would be appreciated

I had the same Problem with my Mi5s and i had to flash the official Rom from en.miui.com
After flashing with the original Rom i could go into the bootloader again and made TWRP on the smartphone to made the Xiaomi EU Rom an it

I hope it helps you a little bit

I bought a Redmi Pro (HMPRO) from AE and it seems to have been shipped to me with an old weekly build from this site pre-installed on it. Does anyone know how I can change that to the Stable ROM? Presumably there is some way to detect whether or not the BL is unlocked?

I do also have a Mi Max but I use an official global build on that so I have never had to install TWRP or anything before.

Last edited:
I bought a Redmi Pro from AE and it seems to have been shipped with an old weekly build from this site pre-installed on it. Does anyone know how I can change that the Stable ROM? Presumably there is some way to detect whether or not the BL is unlocked?

I do also have a Mi Max but I use an official global build on that so I have never had to install TWRP or anything before.

Boot into fastboot mode then with shell commands you should be able to identify the bootloader status.

Reactions: bloodr0se
Boot into fastboot mode then with shell commands you should be able to identify the bootloader status.

Thanks for the quick reply. Are those the shell commands in the OP of this thread? Presumably you use ADB on Windows for that, right?

I've used shell commands with the FireTV before but never for a phone and the FireTV was functional at the time.

I bought a Redmi Pro (HMPRO) from AE and it seems to have been shipped to me with an old weekly build from this site pre-installed on it. Does anyone know how I can change that to the Stable ROM? Presumably there is some way to detect whether or not the BL is unlocked?

Enable developer options 6 touching the MIUI version. In developer menu you can see the bootloader status.

Enable developer options 6 touching the MIUI version. In developer menu you can see the bootloader status.

Thank you, I'll take a look. Would it have been at all possible for the vendor to install a ROM from here without installing TWRP? Also am I correct to assume it is fine to run ROM's from this site without root?

Thank you, I'll take a look. Would it have been at all possible for the vendor to install a ROM from here without installing TWRP? Also am I correct to assume it is fine to run ROM's from this site without root?

There is not root in xiaomi.eu roms. If you want root you must install supersu.
There is no way to install xiaomi.eu roms without TWRP.
The vendors usually install custom rom throw engine-wire or unlock bootloader.

There is not root in xiaomi.eu roms. If you want root you must install supersu.
There is no way to install xiaomi.eu roms without TWRP.
The vendors usually install custom rom throw engine-wire or unlock bootloader.

OK thank you. I think I am going to need to check the BL status and proceed from there. If the BL is still locked though then that could be a slight hassle as this phone is a Christmas present for someone and I ideally wanted to give it to them in a ready to go state.

Thanks again for your help.

i noticed on my accesibility there's a service, how to remove?

KATE xiaomi.eu 6.12.8

Attachments

• TMPDOODLE1481643762843.jpg
    TMPDOODLE1481643762843.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 348
OK thank you. I think I am going to need to check the BL status and proceed from there. If the BL is still locked though then that could be a slight hassle as this phone is a Christmas present for someone and I ideally wanted to give it to them in a ready to go state.

Thanks again for your help.
In fastboot with command: fastboot oem device-info you can check bootloader status.

Status
Not open for further replies.