MULTI 6.5.26 - Last Miui 7!

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On my Redmi Note 2 Prime, my bank app is closing? Its Natwest in UK. It was last working in February on my phone, I have done full clean install with no luck

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

I was not sure to install this Rom.. I was right, too many little problems with HERMES
Now I'm looking forward for MIUI 8

Hi,
I've got a Redmi Note 2 Prime ( "Hermes") which has a 6.5.5 xiaomi.eu weekly rom.

I once updated it using updater to get to this version.
Since then it has been several months and now when I looked at Updater it says "no new update" is available.

Well as we know this isn't true and there exist several newer roms. My question is which way to take
to get to the latest 6.5.26 weekly EU ROM?

I want to go for the 6.5.26 rom so DO I NEED the - in between - versions installed first?
6.5.5 --> 6.5.12 --> 6.5.19 --> 6.5.26

Or can I jump right on from 6.5.5 --> to 6.5.26 ??

I have got the .zip files downloaded on my PC waiting. It is my first time using TWRP recovery
method to update a rom so I got to ask to be sure..

Should I put the .zip file to root of the internal memory or
to the downloaded_rom/ folder which can be found from root of internal memory?

Should I wipe cache?

Should I wipe dalvik cache?

After successfully installing the latest rom can I expect the Updater app to later suggest weekly
(monthly) updates or is it going to be manual TWRP recovery updates from now on?

Thank you Xiaomi.eu
I jumped from the November developer to may developer without any problems. Just be sure to make wipes. Data is suggested but not necessary. Still is better but before, make backups just in case.

About other updates you need to flash every time with .zip

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hello, MI5 and Mi5 128gb carry the same Rom? Greetings.

Enviado desde mi MI NOTE LTE mediante Tapatalk

So, i installed this ROM. It's my second EU ROM.

Two questions: when swiping up, and the "search" screen appears, when i search for something online, it's again searching Chinese websites with a chinese searchengine (DU with a "paw" logo)? This was not the case with my previous EU ROM. Can this setting be changed somewhere?

There is at least one app i've tested that does NOT work on this ROM, while id DID work on the Global Stable ROM i tried yesterday... Miitomo (Nintendo social app... my daughter likes to play it a lot) gets stuck on a black screen, just like the previous EU ROM i had. Why doesn't it work on EU ROM while it does work on the Global ROM?
About miitomo: miitomo is an app intentionally designed to do NOT work on rooted devices, so in order to run it, you'll have to install a non rooted rom.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: realtebo
About miitomo: miitomo is an app intentionally designed to do NOT work on rooted devices, so in order to run it, you'll have to install a non rooted rom.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

Yes... that's why i installed the non-rooted ROM and it still doesn't work. But it DID work on the Global ROM. So, why did it work on the Global ROM but not on the stable (non-rooted) EU ROM?

Last edited:
Hello guys! New user here.
Question: is there any guide or tutorial on how to install TWRP on a Redmi 3? How about root? Do we need root for something before flashing this Multi MIUI?

Thanks for the hard work!

Hello guys! New user here.
Question: is there any guide or tutorial on how to install TWRP on a Redmi 3? How about root? Do we need root for something before flashing this Multi MIUI?

Thanks for the hard work!

You do not need to root before flashing (i didn't... on my RMN2Prime). Tutorial to install TWRP:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/how-to-easily-install-twrp-recovery.30484/

You will probably need to unlock your RMN3 if i understand correctly, http://en.miui.com/unlock/

The only part that didn't work in the tutorial for me (i did this yesterday) was that after you install TWRP through CMD (with ADB and fastboot) that you must NOT reboot using the CMD command (as proposed in the tutorial) but turn off your phone manually (holding the power button until it shuts down) and boot directly to TWRP manually by holding volume UP + power until you boot in recovery.

Last edited:
Thank You for answers

Still I am little confused about this because so far one vote goes for opposite approaches.

So any additional opinion would be helpfull.

If I can jump from 6.5.5 to 6.5.26 and skip the rom versions between those two, it would save lot of time and effort.

Yes - I have all kinds of backups made. And to inform you all about phones like mine - bought from european site with eu rom preinstalled.. - they come also with TWRP preinstalled and I used TWRP allready to make partition backcups.

So which version zip should I install next?
( current is 6.5.5 eu weekly rom)

Hello, I have problem external sdcard storage working when phone boot working perfect, when phone is locked for 5 minutes external sdcard (sdcard1) write access goes off. I must to reboot phone to fix. How to fix it permemently or it's bug ? Device is Redmi Note 3 Pro

Thank You for answers

Still I am little confused about this because so far one vote goes for opposite approaches.

If I can jump from 6.5.5 to 6.5.26 and skip the rom versions between those two, it would save lot of time and effort.

Yes - I have all kinds of backups made. And to inform you all about phones like mine - bought from european site with eu rom preinstalled.. - they come also with TWRP preinstalled and I used TWRP allready to make partition backcups.

When you're sure bootloader is unlocked and twrp is installed you can flash latest release without problem.

Reactions: realtebo
Thank You for answers

When you're sure bootloader is unlocked and twrp is installed you can flash latest release without problem.

I agree with MannyRibo. I had a Global ROM installed prior to this one, i wiped everything except the SD card and installed perfectly. It's a complete ROM, it's not an addition on top of an old ROM so you do not need those other versions. I even wiped the entire internal memory (it said "no OS installed" at that moment) and i had no issues.

On my 813 Gaps reinstalling during using not on reboot, so///
It installs new version from the Internet, then on reboot it installs the old version from the system partition. Then again. And again. Then you find /data/app/com.google.android.gms-1, ...gms-2, ...gms-3 and so on folders.

What`s about 7.3.10 mi 5 ROM ? When i can see it on your site?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.