MULTI 6.6.16/17/18 - Miui 8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ingbrzy China Global 7.3.6.0 was added for Redmi Note 3 Pro. When you find some free time pleas make compilation based on this Rom :) Thank you :)

How long should the MI logo and then running dots be on the screen? It's taking a very long time, I'm starting to scare out....

@ingbrzy I notice that the in-call contact name bug present in latest miui 7 6.5.30 still exist in this miui 8 build.

Whenever I try to dial a contact with more than 1 numbers, the contact name won't show up in the in-call screen, just the numbers (the name is replaced by his/her numbers). Can you help to solve this please? It's quite annoying to not be able to see who you're calling. Thanks.

Hi first thank you for your great job !!
Gemini is OK but when I check the phone specs there is nothing on this page...just to ask what to do ? Download again and re install?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-17-23-27-14-097_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-17-23-27-14-097_com.android.settings.png
    77.2 KB · Views: 355
How long should the MI logo and then running dots be on the screen? It's taking a very long time, I'm starting to scare out....

Please tell me what to do guys, it's running for at least 15 minutes now..... Do I abort? Then what? I can't let it run for ever.... I have RN2 PRIME and installed HMnote2 update..

Please tell me what to do guys, it's running for at least 15 minutes now..... Do I abort? Then what? I can't let it run for ever.... I have RN2 PRIME and installed HMnote2 update..
If you performed a dirty flash (meaning no data wipe, but only cache/dalvik wipe) it will need quite a lot of time to boot for the first time.
Just wait and keep your phone connected to a wall charger to be sure it won't turn off by itself.

(can't say anything specific about your phone model btw, sorry)

If you performed a dirty flash (meaning no data wipe, but only cache/dalvik wipe) it will need quite a lot of time to boot for the first time.
Just wait and keep your phone connected to a wall charger to be sure it won't turn off.

I used updater app like always, I didn't do anything, not even dakvik/cache first, I always do that after update. I didn't know I had to do that before flashing new Rom.....

Always went well, it's running for like 30 minutes or so..... Still wait?

I think in every file should be attached with MD5 checksum to prevent corrupted download. Anyways, well done lads!

I used updater app like always, I didn't do anything, not even dakvik/cache first, I always do that after update. I didn't know I had to do that before flashing new Rom.....

Always went well, it's running for like 30 minutes or so..... Still wait?

Of course, don't abort it! It can be quiet strange, cos'usually it takes less; but happened to me too. Don't freak out, miui8 is coming to you..

Well, wait a bit more until someone more experienced or with your same phone model answers.

If it was me, after a hour I would try rebooting it into recovery and flash the rom again... but it never occurred to me such a problem so it's just a generic suggestion that might not work for you.

To all ppl which can't live without calculator. You can still install previous miui 7 version if you have root permission.
Extract your previous miui7 rom on pc or sdcard.
Download es explorer from Google Playstore
Open es explorer, go to tools, enable "root explorer"
Copy calculator.apk to system/app/calculator folder, delete before old calculator.apk if non-working is in folder.
Long press on calculator apk, go to 3dots in explorer, click properties and check permissions of app. Put all permission enabled.
Restart phone, you'll have miui v7 calculator.
346b6952f7ebb0623e5bf93a1cf2a725.jpg

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

Of course, don't abort it! It can be quiet strange, cos'usually it takes less; but happened to me too. Don't freak out, miui8 is coming to you..

OK thanks, you have the same phone?

I'll let it run till tomorrow morning, just to be safe, but what if it's still not booted?

Pull power and battery? How to reboot?

After a few hours, the only bug I found was the wallpaper carousel turns back on after rebooting. Everything else works great. Thank you so much.

MI NOTE Pro.

Last edited:
Installed it via updater app but got stuck in bootloop.
Aldo tried it via twrp and cleared cach and dalvik Same result.
Roled Back to previous Version.
I Have a mi5

Amy idea what to do?

The phone still will work, just more likely!

I guess from updater, like other devs

About second question, maybe isn't anymore compatible. You can still download one from the main page. I'm curiouse too if the old calculator will work.
Not work from updater ... still stuck at reboot to mi logo.. ALWAYS..

Inviato dal mio Mi 4i utilizzando Tapatalk

Well...
Official Chinese forum said that devices can update from MIUI 7 to MIUI 8 through OTA update without wiping any data.
So I think eu verision should be the same, right?

Nope you need TWRP to install it :) the best solution for it.....
XIAOMI.EU are not official roms so they need to be installed trough a custom recovery method.....

Nope you need TWRP to install it :) the best solution for it.....
XIAOMI.EU are not official roms so they need to be installed trough a custom recovery method.....
Same results on hm2014813.. stuck at mi logo... i'm back to 4.4 miui 7.. s##it .. no people who want help me.. to switch to 5.1 safe

Same results on hm2014813.. stuck at mi logo... i'm back to 4.4 miui 7.. s##it .. no people who want help me.. to switch to 5.1 safe

Try before installing factory reset and than install the ROM. After installing clear the regulair cache / dalvik etc..
Most of the time it works.. But you will loose your apps etc if you dident back-it-up....

Witch device and how big is your partition? MIUI8 need the full partition to install....

ok i got all work and was guilty of not original tema... i have one other tema and she crush my phone all time ... now is great and all work great...

Don't know if someone have write it yet but the theme application don't work, force close every time.
I tried to delete the data of the application but same result FC...
MI4S

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.