MULTI 6.6.16/17/18 - Miui 8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job dev for this MIUI8
Just a question
How to disable Playstore or other system apps on Second Space ?
I need to prevent my child for installing apps

I didn't find system apps on Manage Apps menu, only user apps can choose exist in First, Second or Both

Thanks

Reactions: darthkir
Great job dev for this MIUI8
Just a question
How to disable Playstore or other system apps on Second Space ?
I need to prevent my child for installing apps

I didn't find system apps on Manage Apps menu, only user apps can choose exist in First, Second or Both

Thanks
You need root to disable those. Either usr titanium or lucky patcher.

Reactions: KangEddy
Grrrrrrrr......
So i wiped data,cache,dalvik and even System.

Flashed the rom wiped cache and dalvik got IT al Running on v8,spend 4 hrs recovering data and powercycled my phone.

And IT came Back in to The bootloop aggain.
So i Have wasted The last 24hrs in getting this crap to work.
I'm really dissapointed to say The least.

Not sure what else i can try.
For now Back to v7

AM i The only one with this bootloop bullshit?
When you recovered the data, you probably replaced miui8's file. Make surr you don't overwrite some files. When you flash miui8 format the entire primary storage as well not just wipe cache/dalvik.

there are some bug on 6.6.16 (Mi 5 / gemini):
1. i can't restore data (contact, setting, etc.) but app can restore correctly.
2. can't connect wifi with EAP method
sorry for my english

Last edited:
Installed through twrp alka recovery on redmi note 3 pro. booted successfully but unable to use.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
finally.... my mi5 just unlocked.. flashing new ROM now!
I have note:
If TWRP doesn't recognize the internal memory -> Format data via TWRP. it will decrypt and the internal memory will shown

Reactions: KangEddy
My phone is redmi note 3g wcdma.I downladed multi HM NOTE1S.zip but not working(eror in twrp recovery).what zip i should dowhload?

Tried Miui 8 - returned to Miui 7. Inconvenient firmware. Ringtone only one to two Sim.
Mi Note Pro

Installed through twrp alka recovery on redmi note 3 pro. booted successfully but unable to use.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
You need to reflash it clean. Format, don't root during flash. Root it after setup.

I only found a bug. In the stock browser. When writing in the Google search bar does not work the spacer key.
Redmi Note 2.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

I have issues with memory management I believe.

WhatsApp and Telegram is delayed in receiving messages, only when I manually opened them.

I have even locked these apps in memory but when i checked under Settings -> Running apps they seemed to have been killed during sleep.

Running latest ROM in Mi 3.
Anyone with similar issue?

My phone is redmi note 3g wcdma.I downladed multi HM NOTE1S.zip but not working(eror in twrp recovery).what zip i should dowhload?

Your phone is HM Note 1W, xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNoteW_6.6.16_v8-4.4.zip. Currently not available due to problems in the size of the partitions. Coming soon!

No, doesn't work. Roled back, Hermes 8 is still bugy on my device
Hello, I have been drastic, I made factory reset, following my instinct. Others have made just wipe cache and Dalvik. Make a phone 0, means 30 minutes of fun, cause not to do so? and risk having to do it later because it does not work? I am amazed because my phone works perfectly, I have not the slightest bug. After some choices made on MIUI 8 are debatable, but it is not mine, and so invent another. I am 100% satisfied with this first ROM MIUI 8

Ciao, io sono stato drastico, ho fatto factory reset, seguendo il mio istinto. Altri hanno fatto solo wipe cache e dalvik. Fare un telefono da 0 significa 30 minuti di divertimento, perche' non farlo? e rischiare di doverlo fare dopo perche' non funziona? Sono stupito perche' il mio telefono funziona perfettamente, non ho il minimo bug. Dopo, alcune scelte fatte su MIUI 8 sono discutibili, ma e cosi' e non sta a me inventare altro. Sono 100% soddisfatto di questa prima ROM MIUI 8

Ok thanks for fast reply! I downloaded china rom 6.6.16 from miui.com for testing and instaled google play pico worked good,but i have problem with nework with 7.3 miui my carier signal is full with china rom 6.6.16 very bad sygnal or no signal .Multrom 6.6.16 -Is there the same problem?I waiting for downloading link thanks

Is there a Fastoot ROM of this version that I can download?

I tried to install with TWRP, but get the message: no partition named /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata

I am now on CM12.1, but like to try Miui8.
Only fastboot ROMs I can install.

Xiaomi Mi3

Is there a Fastoot ROM of this version that I can download?

I tried to install with TWRP, but get the message: no partition named /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata

I am now on CM12.1, but like to try Miui8.
Only fastboot ROMs I can install.

Xiaomi Mi3
install twrp 3.0.2, boot from it and format. Then copy the MIUI8 zip file and install.

Prior to it, you could also miflash global 6.5.27 and then install twrp then MIUI8.

Which one ist the right for Mi2S? I didn't find aries but I found this: xiaomi.eu_multi_MI2_6.6.17_v8-5.0.zip . Can I take this for my Mi2S?

Status
Not open for further replies.