MULTI 6.6.16/17/18 - Miui 8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Random reboots in my MI4. Also, drain the battery, especially when I talk with my phone.

Enviado desde mi MI 4LTE mediante Tapatalk

From official rom...
I've downloaded it but I didn't know how to install Gapps in this global... Play Services always stop. Did you use it as daily? Can you suggest me how to install gapps if you have done it? Thank you in advance

I'm running 6.1.17 v8 on a mi4c. I didn't found any bugs but a little issue. Space bar doesn't work on browser when you write on browser searching tab. Does any one have the same issue?
Greetings for the well done job.

Just flashed 6.6.16 on my Mi5. This is fantastic! It's also nice to be back using MIUI, haven't in almost 3 years now I think?!

So nice to be back to an international firmware that doesn't try pop the Mi Store every time I use a Play Store link :D

Tested so far:
- Camera, video + photos
- Bluetooth (Calls + streaming)
- Calling + Speakerphone
- NFC
- GPS
- Backup & Reset
- Mi Account works
- SMS
- 2.4 & 5Ghz WiFi
- Notification LED all good
- Proximity sensor and gyro seems fine too

All very solid

Battery life so far has been great too, even better than Mi7 was.

Flashing was a breeze too, unlocked bootloader, flashed twrp, factory reset, then used adb sideload to push the firmware. Easy!

So far the only issue I've noticed (As a few others here have mentioned) is the touch isn't quite as responsive on the Home Button on the Mi5 when you simply tap it, rather than pushing the button all the way in.

Excellent work overall, awesome to see such a speedy release! :)

Hey, i use es Explorer with root access. Since m8 i can't rename the camera.ogg files to stop the WhatsApp camera sound. Any idea?

Fixed it.lost root access.

Last edited:
Thnx you for your tutorial!!
hi i have redmi note wcdma 3g i folow you instructions very good, instalation was fine but i have problems on signals on each sim card. i loose the signal but most of time is low or none on each one 3g or 2g. the phone see the sim cards but no signal on them

Hi. I have a Mi Note Pro (Leo) and battery usage is not good, specially in stand-by mode. I leave the phone overnight in standby, and it usually dropped about 7-8% of the battery during the night (about 8 hours of my sleeping). Now it drops about 25-30% in the same time.
Also, charging is slower. I use Ampere app to check the amperage of the charge, and before updating, it always charged with 2.000 mAh. Now, with the same original adapter, original cable, and plugged in the same outlet, it never charges with more than 1.200-1.300 mAh, so it takes almost twice of the time than before to make a complete charge.
I hope it can get fixed.

Edit: Making a search on this thread avout battery I see a lot of people with the same problems. Battery draining is very fast, and charging takes noticeable more time than before.

Edit 2: Phone gets...not hot... but quite warm with just browsing the web with brightness at about 10-15% and WiFi. Didn't happened before.

Edit 3: I continue testing and more problems with battery/heat. I left the pone on idle/standby (with the screen off, of course), for about half an hour. When I picked up the phone, 7-8% of the battery is gone, and the phone is quite warm. There's something bad with the battery, or the power management on this rom. That's for sure :-(
Had the same problems. Optimize battery fixed it for me.

MI NOTE Pro.

Mi4 lte and miui 8. Bug Hotspot WiFi can not set password- protected network

Sono un portatore sano d'ignoranza, ma vi rispondo con il mio Mi4 Lte.
I want to rectify .... I could not set the security and password dellhot WiFi spot while this was activated .... With WiFi Hot spots are not active you can set and save the new values ....

Sono un portatore sano d'ignoranza, ma vi rispondo con il mio Mi4 Lte.

dude, this ROM is full of bugs, like seriously, on my RN3 MTK i get freezes over freezes, restarting itself over and over, second time to install it so i did a fresh reinstall, moreover there are bugs related to the themes that some themes won't apply to the whole user interface, example the status bar which is a vomit green that looks horrible, please fix these things.

After 1 day using this 6.6.17 rom on mi2/s : lots of freezes when leaving apps, or changing themes, or at the first time you use an app.
Camera app freezes each time I touch the 3 circles on the left of the screen, so I even don't know what is this option...

Last edited:
Hey peeps! I have a q. Is it normal that when looking at the battery and usage stats, the phone stays "awake" all the time? Also I get about 3-3:30h of screen on time (42% of hardware usage), and most of the power is lost by "Android" and "Android system" processes (approx. 11% each).
thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.