MULTI 6.6.16/17/18 - Miui 8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For Redmi NoteW installation, follow this guide for repartition your internal storage... otherwise you will get bootloop and cry to your pillow..!

I'll stick with 6.5.19 on Redmi Note 3G for the moment. After a few months this issue will be fixed? without taking this guide?

My only problem is gps apps like endomondo doesn't track during screen off. I've tried to add it to "no restriction list", to allow the app to use gps with screen off, and to block the app in the recent list apps and the only way I can solve the problem is to deactivate the whole battery saving stuff (not only adding the app to no restrictions list but deactivating the whole feature for not to restrict any app).

Anyone else having this issue?

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk

Hi. I have a Mi Note Pro (Leo) and battery usage is not good, specially in stand-by mode. I leave the phone overnight in standby, and it usually dropped about 7-8% of the battery during the night (about 8 hours of my sleeping). Now it drops about 25-30% in the same time.
Also, charging is slower. I use Ampere app to check the amperage of the charge, and before updating, it always charged with 2.000 mAh. Now, with the same original adapter, original cable, and plugged in the same outlet, it never charges with more than 1.200-1.300 mAh, so it takes almost twice of the time than before to make a complete charge.
I hope it can get fixed.

Edit: Making a search on this thread avout battery I see a lot of people with the same problems. Battery draining is very fast, and charging takes noticeable more time than before.

Edit 2: Phone gets...not hot... but quite warm with just browsing the web with brightness at about 10-15% and WiFi. Didn't happened before.

Edit 3: I continue testing and more problems with battery/heat. I left the pone on idle/standby (with the screen off, of course), for about half an hour. When I picked up the phone, 7-8% of the battery is gone, and the phone is quite warm. There's something bad with the battery, or the power management on this rom. That's for sure :-(

Last edited:
Reactions: George TIU

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-22-01-53-05-242_com.miui.home.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-22-01-53-05-242_com.miui.home.png
    228.5 KB · Views: 357
It is.. Ver resumo...

~Tapatalk Mi5~
Yes. I had already clicked. Its is not making log, nothing happens if I click on it.
Ive notice other bug right now. The touch screen was not working in the area of the bottom of the screen (exatly the area of space bar of the keyboard)
It returned to work ok after the reboot.

EDIT: The problem is with brazilian portuguese language. The clock is working in english

Battery drain in seven hours in idle mode (night) without data and WiFi from 60% to 55% mi5 6.6.16eu. Home button touch response.

Shutdown alarm not working on mi5 miui 8 eu. I tested 3 times, alarm wont turn on when phone goes off. On miui 8 china dev shutdown alarm worked. Alarm will turn on after phone goes off.
I confirm. If you set the single day, alarm work but when you set day repeat the phone don't turn on. Mi5 dev eu.
I flash this rom from full wipe
P.s Battery drain is increase compared to miui 7 dev rom

Last edited:
Я загрузчик не разблокировал, устал ждать смс-ку , но мне это не помешало установить TWRP и последнюю девелоперку 6.5.26 на Redmi 3 . На данный момент установил miui 8 dev.ver. 6.6.18 от miui.eu. Нареканий нет. По сравнению с 6.6.17 доработана, не жрёт память в свободе порядка 1.2 Гб, улучшена плавность и реакция на касания, добавлены функции в разделе для разработчиков, при очистке запущенных процессов притормаживал, сейчас нет. Нареканий нет, пока... Единственный недостаток долгая первая загрузка системы. В ver.6.6.23 обещают ускорить на 50%. Повторюсь загрузчик не разблокирован и это не помеха ставить любую прошивку на телефон. Я использую преимущества и лока и девелоперской сборки одновременно. Если нужна помощь по установке могу помочь подробной инструкцией.

Sorry my English....
I have not unlocked bootloader , tired of waiting for SMS , but I did not stop to install TWRP and last dev.ver. 6.5.26 at Redmi 3. Currently installed miui 8 dev.ver. 6.6.18 from miui.eu.Error not. The only disadvantage of a long first boot. In ver.6.6.23 promise to speed up by 50 % . In comparison to 6.6.17 finalized , does not eat memory of freedom about 1.2 Gb, enhanced smoothness and response to touch ,added features in the section for developers to slow down , there is now in the purification of running processes . No complaints . Again not unlocked bootloader and it is not an obstacle to bet any firmware on the phone. I use the advantages and lock assembly and developer at the same time . If you need help with the installation can help with detailed instructions .

Last edited:
Я загрузчик не разблокировал, устал ждать смс-ку , но мне это не помешало установить TWRP и последнюю девелоперку 6.5.26 на Redmi 3 . На данный момент установил miui 8 dev.ver. 6.6.18 от miui.eu. Нареканий нет. По сравнению с 6.6.17 доработана, не жрёт память в свободе порядка 1.2 Гб, улучшена плавность и реакция на касания, добавлены функции в разделе для разработчиков, при очистке запущенных процессов притормаживал, сейчас нет. Нареканий нет, пока... Подменил родные иконки на мультиромовские, считаю они лучше. И так подправил внешний вид на свой вкус с виджетами и т.д. Повторюсь загрузчик не разблокирован и это не помеха ставить любую прошивку на телефон. Я использую преимущества и лока и девелоперской сборки одновременно. Если нужна помощь по установке могу помочь подробной инструкцией.
In English please!

Thanks for the miui 8.
but I have noticed that it is much slower now on my Mi 4c and the battery drains much faster. I will wait a couple of improvements, if not, I will try to go back on MIUI 7, wich worked nice.

I have some bug with weather app in latest build (6.6.18). Temperature on app icon has wrong orientation. Can anyone confirm this?

Screenshot_2016-06-22-09-50-21-749_com.miui.home.png

P.S. Redmi 3

Status
Not open for further replies.