MULTI 6.6.16/17/18 - Miui 8

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, can´t find a way to turn off the weather report in the satus bar. Does anyone knows if it's possible and how to do it...? Thanks in advance.

After upgrading to MIUI 8 on my Mi4C, I am constantly getting the Documents app to FC; " Documents has stopped". I cannot attach anything to an email, or via WhatsApp for instance. Everytime it crashes! What can I do, is there a fix? The app is enabled in settings-installed apps, and clearing the cache , disable and reenable it won't help, either...

BUG WITH CLONE APP: WHATSAPP
The clone doesnt allow to add permissions. So we cant record in mic for example in whatsapp or back up the history of the conversantions in Google Drive

MI 5: 6.6.16 English version
The program dont crash so it doenst make log report.

After upgrading to MIUI 8 on my Mi4C, I am constantly getting the Documents app to FC; " Documents has stopped". I cannot attach anything to an email, or via WhatsApp for instance. Everytime it crashes! What can I do, is there a fix? The app is enabled in settings-installed apps, and clearing the cache , disable and reenable it won't help, either...
Is "documents" app a system app or a downloaded app...? I just sent two e-mails with attachments (image and pdf) and no problems...! (Mi4C)

hi, i installing 6.6.18 on my redmi 3 ido. everything work fine, but cant connect to lte. from #*#*#4636#*#* when i select gsm only or wcdma only the network immediately change. but whenci select to option that contain lte nothing happen.

How do I update from China Miui 8 6.6.17 to this rom?
When I use the Update app it is saying that it can't verify the update.

How do I update from China Miui 8 6.6.17 to this rom?
When I use the Update app it is saying that it can't verify the update.

Just download 6.6.16 zip file into root directory and flash it through TWRP

I did it installed without any force stops.

Note : just wipe dalvik cache before and after installation

Hi,
my Redmi 2 (HM2014811) is already on Miui 6.5.19 based on Android 5.1.1 (xiaomi.eu ROM from here)
Can i simply update to miui8 without wiping anything?

Thanks

I think that we should be full wipe after upgrade ROM.
App data and main screen layout, you can use Mi account to backup. After upgrade ROM you just need restore, very easy.

The problem with the camera is for the language, with spanish my camera not works

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk

Redmi Note 2 prime, after 7 days of use with installation performed after factory reset, everything perfect, great ROM, no bugs, no FC, all excellent, thanks

Reactions: VILLO1988
my redmi 3 pro ido cant get LTE using 6.6.18 i'm at Indonesia. in the network cant get prefer LTE. just 3G and 2G
everyone can help me?

mister @ingbrzy please fix it!

Last edited:
BUG WITH CLONE APP: WHATSAPP
The clone doesnt allow to add permissions. So we cant record in mic for example in whatsapp or back up the history of the conversantions in Google Drive

MI 5: 6.6.16 English version
The program dont crash so it doenst make log report.
So manually go in to Permissions and grant them?

you mean the download...? I did have several problems with some mirrors...

No, he means charging the battery. I plugged mine in yesterday evening and it showed a whopping 3 hours+ to be charged.
On MIUI 7 it would take less than two hours.

Plus, my battery seems to be going down a lot faster, "Android" has kept the device awake almost constantly.
Will keep an eye on this and report back.

Plus, my battery seems to be going down a lot faster, "Android" has kept the device awake almost constantly.

Same for me! Battery draining in Mi5 is huge compared to latest dev Miui7.

Clean instalation!

Also the device is always warm to touch .. and heats at pretty every operation. Problems I didn't had in Miui7.

I'm on a Mi 5 (4/128) btw. Completely clean installed, wiped everything.
- Installing apps takes forever, compared to MIUI7. Google photos just took more than a minute, whereas normally that would be a matter of seconds (I'm talking local installation only, not download)
- Phone has been running for 2h18, Android has kept it awake for 1h56. Graphic overview of activity only shows the device active when the screen is on, though. Very odd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.