MULTI 6.6.23

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In last time I am flash eu 6.6.23 by not unlock boot loader.That have a big problem.
Can not download any app from playstore by 3G/4G.

Then I try to unlock and reflash

Now already unlock bootloader and reflash 6.6.23 again.
Have same problem like a not unlock boot loader . Can not download any app from playstore by 3G/4G.
Please help.

You can try to enable or as me use es file explorer app, it have great sd card analyze and clean duplicate features.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk
Thank you so much.
I downloaded es file explorer, but I couldn't understand how I can delete duplicated only! Seems that if I select all duplicated files it deletes every files. I'm wrong or it deletes only duplicated and saves one of them?

Sent from Redmi Note 2 Prime - MIUI V8 6.6.23 by Xiaomi.eu

I have a problem with last stable release for my redmi 3 (7.3.1.0). I've try to set SD card on solid Explorer. So I've activated documents but when I try to set SD card it don't show documents' screen. There is a way to solve it?

Inviato dal mio Redmi 3 utilizzando Tapatalk
This only with solid. With es file explorer or Asus file manager it's OK. But why only with solid?

Inviato dal mio Redmi 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

If im not wrong there isn't anymore profiles, good side is it uses better and more under control batery saver concept
Now you customize every app how will be restricted and monitored by miui. Check under battery options, app batery saver, there you restrict apps, not restrict, put on to be monitored etc. Also you have some options for battery consumption reduction under settings, batery&performance.
It's look as mess for a start, on different places are settings for batery but idea is good.

Miss the features to choose display light or Wi-Fi en\disable during day and night. It was very useful. I still don't understand why has been removed, now I have to install other apps.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thank you so much.
I downloaded es file explorer, but I couldn't understand how I can delete duplicated only! Seems that if I select all duplicated files it deletes every files. I'm wrong or it deletes only duplicated and saves one of them?

Open es file explorer, click on sd card, click on top right analyze icon. Wait a little bit, scroll down to duplicate, it will show all files which are duplicated, chose one of them from, that chosen will be deleted.
Don't choose all because it will delete all of them. Chose one in every each group of duplicated files.

Open es file explorer, click on sd card, click on top right analyze icon. Wait a little bit, scroll down to duplicate, it will show all files which are duplicated, chose one of them from, that chosen will be deleted.

Ok, but I've a lot of files! I can't choose for every files! I would like es explorer make it for me.. Like sd maid.. :/

Ok, but I've a lot of files! I can't choose for every files! I would like es explorer make it for me.. Like sd maid.. :/

Yes you can choose... Look at screenshot.
You need to choose 1 of duplicate in every group.
You need to manually check and choose files. Dont just mark all of them.
93b56737dc64f0e7c302f502de69bacc.jpg

Yes you can choose... Look at screenshot.
You need to choose 1 of duplicate in every group.
You need to manually check and choose files. Dont just mark all of them.
93b56737dc64f0e7c302f502de69bacc.jpg

Yes ok, I prefer SD Maid, thank you :)

In SD Maid you can choose which file has to maintain . Automatically sdmaid deletes the other.

e. g. Maintain the oldest files.

I really like this rom, especially the custom icons, the search integration like the Chinese rom, finally have GPS working

a few things I noticed:

• Second space, crashes google services
  • Clicking on an image of a reviewer (commenter) in google play store crashes playstore (not sure if it's playstore or this rom + play store)
  • Second space removal, pops up text in Chinese
  • Binckbank app no longer works (could be another problem if anyone who uses binckbank for trading can confirm??)

Ok I believe the issue is with Binckbank and miui 8 because the same version worked with miui 7. However installing the previous version fixed it.
  • Quickcharge doesn't work on Mi5
  • Battery drains faster compared to stable global (latest version miui 7)
  • com.android.documents.ui is disabled (no idea why should it be?)
OK Found out why this is. With com.android.documents.ui it pops up a standard material design popup selection box.
c6b689a590b10550d12e52ff9464aa68.jpg

vs this when it's disabled.

4d773b4c9a343910b822bef9effb358a.jpg

Last edited:
If im not wrong there isn't anymore profiles, good side is it uses better and more under control batery saver concept
Now you customize every app how will be restricted and monitored by miui. Check under battery options, app batery saver, there you restrict apps, not restrict, put on to be monitored etc. Also you have some options for battery consumption reduction under settings, batery&performance.
It's look as mess for a start, on different places are settings for batery but idea is good.

Sad to hear this, hope this will come back. I did mainly use profiles to enable / disable Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and mobile data, as well as switch to flight mode in the night. now I have to do this manually.

Send from my Redmi Note 2 Prime @ MIUI V8 6.6.23 by Xiaomi.eu

Yes ok, I prefer SD Maid, thank you :)

In SD Maid you can choose which file has to maintain . Automatically sdmaid deletes the other.

e. g. Maintain the oldest files.

Just checked sd maid duplicated files features... Even it can't use document app, still can check for duplicates, just click skip on warning.
06cde9d926d69ae4b88878603e40d08b.jpg

But I'll be very careful because it also check system part of storage so it can accidentally delete app files which is maybe needed.
As on my screenshot shows 2 calculator apk

Reactions: volm92
Hi, not sure if this was explained earlier, I can't find anything on this regard: Some versions ago, all ROMs for Redmi 2 were upgraded to Android 5.1, now the Android 4.4 ROMs are back, and for the Redmi 2 1/8 GB you recommend to install the latter. In fact, I switched to Android 5.1 on that phone, and everything seems to work fine, including MIUI 8. Is it a performance related issued only, or do I have to expect malfunctions in the future running Lollipop ROM on Redmi 2 1/8? Thanks!

Hi, not sure if this was explained earlier, I can't find anything on this regard: Some versions ago, all ROMs for Redmi 2 were upgraded to Android 5.1, now the Android 4.4 ROMs are back, and for the Redmi 2 1/8 GB you recommend to install the latter. In fact, I switched to Android 5.1 on that phone, and everything seems to work fine, including MIUI 8. Is it a performance related issued only, or do I have to expect malfunctions in the future running Lollipop ROM on Redmi 2 1/8? Thanks!
Redmi 2(pro/lte etc.) have both version of rom on same level of stability.
At end it's up to your preference. I was on kitkat version, now last 2 month on lollipop, batery is almost same, it's same stability, more fluid ui experience.

Last edited:
Great rom . Installed in my mi4lte and everything looks ok .
Only thing , I can not connect to the PC via FTP . Maybe it's a bug ?

Hallo.. I from Indonesia. And sorry for my English. I used 6.6.23 and everything is ok, but i have one problem. I used Redmi 3 and Telkomsel (4G) in slot 1, and slot 2 for Memory Card. But, i cant set to LTE, my baseband always H. Set from *#*#4636#*#*, back again to " wcdma pre ". Wipe everything is same, its bug or no ? Tq...
same problem

Everything working fine on Hermes.
Only mi remote app is 20% English
a09581c8c24baf8056fe21cfc6075e29.jpg
translated.
By the way, thanks for clearing up search app and rest of the rom.
Great job!

Edit, about that magic calc app everyone was talking about.
Take a look how does it implement %:)
Was trying to count 20% discount at local store.
My advice, use real calc app from app store instead.
2aaa55421857dd0ee32ebf29081f3841.jpg

Regards.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Infante
does redmi 3 (ido) has dm-verity thing in its bootloader? even in unlocked bootloader device?, if im flash twrp recovery (given in OP) through updater app..can i entering (boot to) twrp recovery mode.?

Does anyone have problem with contacts sync from Google?? Last time mine got lucky was on friday morning... Any suggestions.. 6.6.23 ver china dev

Reactions: Stefano131270
Status
Not open for further replies.