MULTI 6.6.23

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Post #526: I just meant that is recommended to wipe if coming from 7. But of course, you can try installing without wiping before.

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/6-6-23.32335/page-27#post-302058
Wiping is for a clean installation... I was reading that data delete apps files, also you should add system, that totally cleans the previous ROM. It's like format and install that is better that simply reinstall.
Regarding cache and dalvik are done by ROM during installation.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: severica25
Wiping is for a clean installation... I was reading that data delete apps files, also you should add system, that totally cleans the previous ROM. It's like format and install that is better that simply reinstall.
Regarding cache and dalvik are done by ROM during installation.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk
Post #526: I just meant that is recommended to wipe if coming from 7. But of course, you can try installing without wiping before.

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/6-6-23.32335/page-27#post-302058

Reactions: VILLO1988
How can I move e- mails to a different folders?

Enviado desde mi MI 4LTE mediante Tapatalk

hi! I hvae mi4 lte ,miui 7 and android 4.4. I want to flash this rom! could I? or I have first to upgrade to androiod 6? Thank you

Can someone help me?

I installed SDMaid app. When I run it says: com.android.documentsui is not enabled...

What should I do?

Many Thanks

Sent from Redmi Note 2 Prime - MIUI V8 6.6.23 by Xiaomi.eu
Documents app is disabled after miui instalation, dunno why. You can either enable or ignore sd maid warning as i did, in that situation it will not check sd card content. So you can ignore that warning.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

Reactions: volm92
Another problem:

When I unplug headphones, the icon doesn't disappear.

What I can do? I think is an hardware problem.

I changed rom and is still present

Traditional miui issue... To avoid it, check headphone plug, sometimes it can have dirt or dust, blow in it to clear up. Second, to avoid this kind of problem, first exit application for music by going into app menu(dont just press home button) then wait for few sec and then unplug headphone.

Reactions: volm92
That's right, I have recalibrate the battery with a very simple guide, you think is useful for other? I have to write?
Drain battery is a problem.. but with a recalibration of battery .. all is ok.
Pls write about recalibration battery... so every user can use in safely mode his RN2

Reactions: MatrixLinux
If you upgrade from MIUI 7 to 8 you need to wipe all data, unless you want issues, go ahead :). Good luck!
Hello if i wipe all data it will be like factory reset i donot want to do it since i have too many things on my phone i donot want to loose it

I confirm the overheating with Mi4c using normal it quickly reaches the temperature of 41/42°, 45° spikes when using stressful.
It seems you have turn on some level of battery saving at apps while using it. Check app battery saving options and in settings go to, battery & performanse and then manage battery usage. Om this 2 places yoi either fully turning off any batery app monitoring and restrictions or put aps which gave you high tmp to not to be restricted.

Hello if i wipe all data it will be like factory reset i donot want to do it since i have too many things on my phone i donot want to loose it
You can try upgrade to 8 without wiping, but firstly make a backup via TWRP and then upgrade to 8!

Yes but there is possibilities that you'll have some problems in using new rom. Backup your precious data on sd card, you can use local miui backup app on rom.
Then try to flash newer miui if you have some unexpected errors or problem in using rom, then wipe all data.

Traditional miui issue... To avoid it, check headphone plug, sometimes it can have dirt or dust, blow in it to clear up. Second, to avoid this kind of problem, first exit application for music by going into app menu(dont just press home button) then wait for few sec and then unplug headphone.

Thank you, I will try and I will let you know :)

Installed new ROM yesterday. I'm missing the battery profiles. Are they gone? I had different profiles if at home or on the road and could easy switch via battery app. Now this is not possible anymore. Also seems battery is draining more than with version 7. But so far good ROM. Thanks to the admins for the work you do each week.

Send from my Redmi Note 2 Prime @ 6.6.23 EU

I have a problem with last stable release for my redmi 3 (7.3.1.0). I've try to set SD card on solid Explorer. So I've activated documents but when I try to set SD card it don't show documents' screen. There is a way to solve it?

Inviato dal mio Redmi 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

Installed new ROM yesterday. I'm missing the battery profiles. Are they gone? I had different profiles if at home or on the road and could easy switch via battery app. Now this is not possible anymore. Also seems battery is draining more than with version 7. But so far good ROM. Thanks to the admins for the work you do each week.

Send from my Redmi Note 2 Prime @ 6.6.23 EU
If im not wrong there isn't anymore profiles, good side is it uses better and more under control batery saver concept
Now you customize every app how will be restricted and monitored by miui. Check under battery options, app batery saver, there you restrict apps, not restrict, put on to be monitored etc. Also you have some options for battery consumption reduction under settings, batery&performance.
It's look as mess for a start, on different places are settings for batery but idea is good.

Documents app is disabled after miui instalation, dunno why. You can either enable or ignore sd maid warning as i did, in that situation it will not check sd card content. So you can ignore that warning.

Yes I can ignore but.. I need also to leave duplicated things in there :/

Maybe in the next update will be solved.

In miui 7 was all ok!

Yes I can ignore but.. I need also to leave duplicated things in there :/

Maybe in the next update will be solved.

In miui 7 was all ok!

You can try to enable or as me use es file explorer app, it have great sd card analyze and clean duplicate features.

Status
Not open for further replies.