MIUI 8.2 6.9.1/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Impossible for me to set vibrate mode.
When I set it, vibrate icon is not shown and the mi5 doen'nt vibrate !
Anyone else ?

Doesn't the following remedy that?

settings --> WLAN --> advanced settings (completely below in the list) --> keep WLAN on during sleep--> {choose always}

I chose NOT to keep WLAN on during sleep but it doesn't work. My Wifi is 100% on :(.

1,5% battery drain while I didn't use my phone is also not acceptable...

2016-09-07 06.52.10.png

Check this setting:

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Guess you are right! Didn't even check that because i have had it switched "always on".

Don't know why it changed. Maybe during ROM flash....

I haven't had any major problems or bugs since i got it. I have basic 2/16gb version.

Well, I had a problem writing/deleting data on my sd card, and thought it's a ROM problem. Turned out to be defective sd card.

Redmi 3 is such a boring device. At least when i compare it to my former redmi note 2. Even my wife's mi3 had more bugs than this redmi 3. Everything works just fine for months, and it's really wierd, but i kinda hoped for just a little bug

Poslano sa mog Redmi 3 koristeći Tapatalk

Reactions: feuerbach81
I chose NOT to keep WLAN on during sleep but it doesn't work. My Wifi is 100% on :(.

1,5% battery drain while I didn't use my phone is also not acceptable...

View attachment 13614
First you don't have huge battery drain in standby also there is acceptable percentage of activities while screen is off. To check what is draining battery, you need to check partial wakelock, process and alarms tab. This tab on screenshot it's just overview.
Next thing, you can setup in setting that wifi turns off but it can be overwriten with other apps, as example Viber have options to keep wifi on.

If you don't any app(social media, chatting) which keel wifi on, recheck if you did really select "never" option.
Also you can try to clear dalvik and cache and select english language in rom to see if there is changes.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
To check what is draining battery, you need to check partial wakelock, process and alarms tab. This tab on screenshot it's just overview.

Please see attached screenshots. I already delete the IMO app but I didn't make any difference.

Attachments

• 2016-09-07 06.52.19.png
    2016-09-07 06.52.19.png
    208.7 KB · Views: 368
  • 2016-09-07 06.52.30.png
    2016-09-07 06.52.30.png
    239.7 KB · Views: 379
  • 2016-09-07 06.52.37.png
    2016-09-07 06.52.37.png
    260.2 KB · Views: 376
Doesn't the following remedy that?

settings --> WLAN --> advanced settings (completely below in the list) --> keep WLAN on during sleep--> {choose always}
Thank you, graw2 reminded me about that.
Last week it was surley "always on", don't know why it changed.

Poslano sa mog Redmi 3 koristeći Tapatalk

Reactions: graw2
Please see attached screenshots. I already delete the IMO app but I didn't make any difference.
Edited my previous post, please read again.
You have alot of social media and chat apps, 1.5% per hour in standby is good in this situation.
If nothing of advices didn't help from my previous posts you'll need to uninstall one by one and see which one is keep wifi on, im betting on viber or Facebook.
Btw did you restore miui settings and installed apps from miui backup?

Rechecked your screenshots, I'll advice you to play alittlebit with locations settings and apps permission to be allowed to check location.
Go to Google settings it's on launcher as red icon, go to location, put on "device only". Next, go to Google location history and turned off.
After, go to miui battery and performance, manually sett up chatting and Facebook app, turn off accessing location for them.
Reboot and see is there is difference in battery consumption.

This post isn't structured good, very little time to write it, but you'll get my point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joost1234
Edited my previous post, please read again.
You have alot of social media and chat apps, 1.5% per hour in standby is good in this situation.
If nothing of advices didn't help from my previous posts you'll need to uninstall one by one and see which one is keep wifi on, im betting on viber or Facebook.

I used iOS device for almost 10 years; Apple's battery management seems to be much better ;). I had always a drain < 0.5 %. Also I used last week CM13 with a drain between 0.5 - 1 %.

You're right; Viber killed the setting to turn off Wifi in sleeping mode. I changed the setting in Viber and Wifi was running only 30% of the last hour.

Btw did you restore miui settings and installed apps from miui backup?

Nope, I did a totally clean flash and install, no restore of anything.

Rechecked your screenshots, I'll advice you to play alittlebit with locations settings and apps permission to be allowed to check location.
Go to Google settings it's on launcher as red icon, go to location, put on "device only". Next, go to Google location history and turned off.
After, go to miui battery and performance, manually sett up chatting and Facebook app, turn off accessing location for them.
Reboot and see is there is difference in battery consumption.

I already turned off GPS totally.

This post isn't structured good, very little time to write it, but you'll get my point.

Thanks a lot for your help. I also changed the language into English. For now I will clear dalvik and cache and wait for the night ;). I'll post tomorrow the results.

Last edited:
Reactions: severica25
Hi all

Is it necessary to select 'bypass dm-verity’s boot prevention' in twrp after flash a xiaomi.eu update? When is necessary to select this option?

Really poor battery life on this one. 2h35m SOT and I'm on 11% already

Previous rom was pretty much the best in the last couple of months and also the only rom since Miui8 which could achieve over 4h SOT.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2

Reactions: VILLO1988

Previous rom was pretty much the best in the last couple of months and also the only rom since Miui8 which could achieve over 4h SOT.

Can you post Screenshots from Better batery stats xda edition app. You'll need to have root permissions.
Make Screenshots of tabs: Partial wakelocks, Alarms, Process.
I'll check today or atleast tomorrow, maybe can give you some advice.

4ff51d01c9a79cb6e0d9793c6df39c75.jpg

This is what worries me.

Everything else is the same as on last rom (apps, usage, wifi/3g), and even with one hour of gaming, I could get nearly 4h SOT.

At the time of writing this, battery went from 5% to 2%...

Reactions: VILLO1988
Doesn't make sense for you, but make sense for other users like me instead of upgrading "audio focus or video stabilisation"
I use to download scientist calc app cause main of smartphones doesn't have those "useless things" like calcs improvings.
;)

Please look at it this way. There are plenty of calculators around. If the mi calculator sucks, you have plenty of other choices. There are other more serious and annoying bugs in mi ROM, those we have no other choices.

4ff51d01c9a79cb6e0d9793c6df39c75.jpg

This is what worries me.

Everything else is the same as on last rom (apps, usage, wifi/3g), and even with one hour of gaming, I could get nearly 4h SOT.

At the time of writing this, battery went from 5% to 2%...

Can you post also other tabs from wakelock detector
Your issue could be related to wifi. Your device is out of deep sleep 35% of time while screen is off.
This activity seems draining battery while screen is of also could be that it keeps your device cpu at higher clock while using it.
But pls post other tabs from wakelock detector, also install simple system monitor from Google Playstore and post active process tab and cpu frequency tab.

Last edited:
Reactions: IcedFlame
Weekly for Libra is awesome. A little bit not responsive at first setup but its good for now, seems fluid and clean.. Thanks dev, keep up the good work ;)

With love,
Popsy

Reactions: Dariooo
6.9.1 is better when it comes to battery life and wifi strength than previous version. But microphone in headset/earphone is not working. Confirmed via Hardware test/CIT. did you also encountered this in mi3?
-mi3user

Hello,
absolutely no good your phone
Too little, I do more five hours

I use 90% Wi-Fi no data network, I work in office no strong light display

Last edited:
I'll post tomorrow the results.

The drain last night was nearly the same but I installed some more apps last night like Aliexpress.
Problem with Wifi always on has been solved now

Attachments

• 2016-09-08 06.51.34-2.png
    2016-09-08 06.51.34-2.png
    211.6 KB · Views: 354
  • 2016-09-08 06.51.34-1.png
    2016-09-08 06.51.34-1.png
    183.3 KB · Views: 328
  • 2016-09-08 06.51.34-3.png
    2016-09-08 06.51.34-3.png
    275.4 KB · Views: 366
  • 2016-09-08 06.51.34-4.png
    2016-09-08 06.51.34-4.png
    265.6 KB · Views: 345
  • 2016-09-08 06.51.34-9.png
    2016-09-08 06.51.34-9.png
    223.8 KB · Views: 331
  • 2016-09-08 06.51.34-10.png
    2016-09-08 06.51.34-10.png
    203.7 KB · Views: 339
Hello everybody - can someone send me a link to the tutorial for flashing these ROMs? In the compressed folder I download from your list (mi 4s) I would have expected to find just a few .img files ... but there's quite more stuff.
How do I flash it on my phone? Can use Windows o Ubuntu ... :) thanks

Hello everybody - can someone send me a link to the tutorial for flashing these ROMs? In the compressed folder I download from your list (mi 4s) I would have expected to find just a few .img files ... but there's quite more stuff.
How do I flash it on my phone? Can use Windows o Ubuntu ... :) thanks
Hello, you've already unlocked the bootloader?

Here's what I did in total:
- got malware infection
- installed TWRP cause i was not able to detect any recovery while booting
- from there wiped all, but wiped system also by mistake ( -.- )
- flashed original china stable for 4s via ubuntu
- tried to add google packages etc
- succeeded only partially and keep having errors in play store
- ... want to wipe all and install a new ROM, not from china, waiting for the global miui 8 for 4s
- as you suggested I just launched the bootloader unlock permission. though being new I'm not sure what it does :p

Status
Not open for further replies.