MIUI 8.2 6.9.1/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, you've already unlocked the bootloader?
Here's what I did in total:
- got malware infection
- installed TWRP cause i was not able to detect any recovery while booting
- from there wiped all, but wiped system also by mistake ( -.- )
- flashed original china stable for 4s via ubuntu
- tried to add google packages etc
- succeeded only partially and keep having errors in play store
- ... want to wipe all and install a new ROM, not from china, waiting for the global miui 8 for 4s
- as you suggested I just launched the bootloader unlock permission. though being new I'm not sure what it does :p

Here's what I did in total:
- got malware infection
- installed TWRP cause i was not able to detect any recovery while booting
- from there wiped all, but wiped system also by mistake ( -.- )
- flashed original china stable for 4s via ubuntu
- tried to add google packages etc
- succeeded only partially and keep having errors in play store
- ... want to wipe all and install a new ROM, not from china, waiting for the global miui 8 for 4s
- as you suggested I just launched the bootloader unlock permission. though being new I'm not sure what it does :p
Unlock the bootloader, install TWRP
go into TWRP
wipe data
Wipe cache
Wipe Dalvik
Then install the ROM eu

If you have to wait to unlock the bootloader too many days, and now the phone is not god, try with Miflash install an Official ROM temporarily

Will it get clear by then HOW to install the ROM eu ?
I mean - I have the zip file on my laptop ... let's say my bootloader is unlocked ... then what?
Grazie !

Just copy xiaomi.eu ROM.zip to phone storage and install it via TWRP recovery. (wipe data -cache -dalvik/art recommended)

Your bootloader is unlocked already otherwise would not be twrp recovery installed on your device.

Reactions: Stefano131270
just copy xiaomi.eu ROM.zip to phone storage and install it via TWRP recovery.

Your bootloader is unlocked already otherwise would not be twrp recovery on your device.
In fact ... I could access TWRP only once - when I wiped the system.
After that it got back to the original situation: I boot with power button and Volume+ and get to a black screen with the power cable displayed ... even with cable connected and full battery.
So at present ... I cannot access TWRP :/ maybe it's indeed the bootloader locked?
I wonder how I did it the first time ...

Thank you all for helping out on this !!!

you can access twrp via pc. if you have installed the proper adb drivers

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

In fact ... I could access TWRP only once - when I wiped the system.
After that it got back to the original situation: I boot with power button and Volume+ and get to a black screen with the power cable displayed ... even with cable connected and full battery.
So at present ... I cannot access TWRP :/ maybe it's indeed the bootloader locked?
I wonder how I did it the first time ...

Thank you all for helping out on this !!!

Because you have used wrong ADB command to install TWRP recovery: "fastboot boot recovery.img"

Use this ADB command for permanent TWRP recovery installation: "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

Because you have used wrong ADB command to install TWRP recovery: "fastboot boot recovery.img"

Use this ADB command for permanent TWRP recovery installation: "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"
Wow ... well ...that could have happened indeed ... though I was only using 'flash' commands for all the img files , but ... your version seems too logic to be wrong :)

At least I know now I can boot from recovery, just in case ... and install the ROOM :D

In mine is working well, you can try with a wipe dalvik and cache

Inviato dal mio MI 4S utilizzando Tapatalk

Okay, i will try tomorrow when newest update is available. i will update it soon !! thanks before :)

Hi guys, i'm looking for Redmi Pro, but before buy it I'll be sure, EU ROM is available for new Redmi PRO?

Sorry, I've found it!

Can you post also other tabs from wakelock detector
Your issue could be related to wifi. Your device is out of deep sleep 35% of time while screen is off.
This activity seems draining battery while screen is of also could be that it keeps your device cpu at higher clock while using it.
But pls post other tabs from wakelock detector, also install simple system monitor from Google Playstore and post active process tab and cpu frequency tab.
Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk
Ok, here we go

28ece17298d977a4cd267e38f4fe3026.jpg

9e1d91b2fc250a233b903d615a03e1c1.jpg

b624067bd9a14006ebea1b3dc184db4e.jpg

5e9c19f02ed1f503df85924e787ca237.jpg

9b1545b120b4d623b9ce6043f59ec468.jpg

972c033823e5a93e986c17d12867957e.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 2

Ok, here we go

28ece17298d977a4cd267e38f4fe3026.jpg

9e1d91b2fc250a233b903d615a03e1c1.jpg

b624067bd9a14006ebea1b3dc184db4e.jpg

5e9c19f02ed1f503df85924e787ca237.jpg

9b1545b120b4d623b9ce6043f59ec468.jpg

972c033823e5a93e986c17d12867957e.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 2
Your device isn't going into deep sleep.
There is alot of sources here which can be reason.
Try this, disable location history(you must do this) and delete Google location history in Google setting - location. Put location to device only and then turn off location.
Second thing, go to wifi settings and disable "scanning allways available".
Next, go to settings, other accounts, google, check if there is sync errors, also disable syncing for Google services you don't use as example: Google fit etc.
Next, reboot and see if you device going into deep sleep.
If still issues present, disable power saving completely, see how is behaving.

Your issue also could be linked to Mtk device wifi/kernel issue(Eint waklock, wlan timer, mtk nlp service, etc.) but firstly try this what i have wrote and give feedback.

Did you change something in router or did you manually configure wifi connection in android.?

Last edited:
Three bugs still present in this version on Mi5:
1. Autorotate stops working after a couple of days of use. Very frustrating.
2. Very slow download speed (200/300kB/s) of medium/big size apps from Play Store.
3. Alarm time displayed in every widget is wrong.

I don't recommend flashing this ROM if you need these bugs fixed.

2. Very slow download speed (200/300kB/s) of medium/big size apps from Play Store.

I confirm 2 and 3, not 1 because I have autorotate off.

Another bug: piston earphone doesn't work, during calls microphone stops working.

The drain last night was nearly the same but I installed some more apps last night like Aliexpress.
Problem with Wifi always on has been solved now
Do you use Google now?
How do you charge phone, original charger?
Do you use any bt device?
How is your wifi and mobile signal, because it seem partially your phone is having problem with keeping connection.

Your littlebit higher battery drain is possibly linked with connection problems and location services(it's not gps). Also your device had some issue with sleep while charging and after. Youll need to check preferred mobile connection settings(4g,3g etc) and apn settings, if you change something in wifi router try to reconfigure or maybe you have poor wifi signal.

Uninstall WhatsApp for now.
Go to wireless settings, advance and disable "scanning allways available".
Go to account settings, other accounts, google and turn off any service synchronization which you dont use abd check for errors there.
Turn off miui backup and log off from xiaomi account.
Go to google settings, location, google location history - delete and disable(very important)
Now put location to "device only"
And now turn location off.
Reboot, leave phone away for a hour atleast.

Last edited:

confirmed :/ the bugs.. autorotate stops working again after reinstall de rom :(

I have no issue with autorotate, but slow download speed issue confirmed (it's global miui issue).

Which widget are you using to displaying Alarm time?

Status
Not open for further replies.