Do you like this MIUI version?

• YES

Votes: 355 91.0%
  • NO

Votes: 35 9.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ormai sul mi3 non riesco a fare una chiamata, dall'altra parte non mi sentono. Qualcuno sa consigliarmi come risolvere?

But I can re-install a rom with the recovery ?
Yes, recovery have one of main functions and that's flashing rom, but don't mix miui recovery and twrp recovery. For this roms you to have custom recovery aka Twrp, every xiaomi model have own Twrp version(check table on first post to find name for your phone) . If you are for first time installing eu rom, folllow instructions: unlock bootloader(if neded), fastboot flash Twrp, go to twrp and flash rom etc etc.
When you'll have Twrp recovery, next future roms flashing procedure is in less steps and fast.

If you accidently delete system partition(or it is corrupted) and you reboot, you'll get bootloop but it doesn't mean your device is hard bricked, it only can't find OS on your device. You still have recovery and from there you can install again rom.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi all,

Message app notification don't blink led.
And why is notification inactive and can't turn off or on?
( see attachment)
Did I forget something?
I'm on weekly 6.9.8
Do you have this activated?
e15088a1336b4b21d2c97a47e3d993f8.jpg

It is only in Messages?

Enviado do meu MI 4LTE através de Tapatalk

Guys, although I'm liking MIUI8 I've found my experience with Lollipop not so pleasant in Redmi 2 Prime, battery drains and it lags a little, so I'm thinking about trying MIUI8 on KitKat since there's such ROM available, but I want to know if security patches are implemented in kitkat or are you more exposed to security threats?
Don't know. But if you don't like hows miui 8 lolipop behaving, try to install Jerrica miui 8 kernel from xda and install kernel adiutor modded version to configure kernel.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3395691
That kernel is beast packed with alot of tweaking possibilities and best part it's made from original miui kernel. It's even have overclocked cpu and gpu.
You can even setup cpu hotplug(it will temporarily put cpu core offline when not needed)
Setup like this for less lag and better battery:
cpu frequency min 533mhz, max: 1.4ghz
Cpu governor: interactive or for more battery - impulse
Cpu hotplug: leave qualcomm hotplug or put Msm hotplug(better battery)
IO scheduler: 1) leave it as it is or 2)internal storage: fiops or row and external storage: noop

Before you install make backups in twrp of boot and system partitions so that you don't need to reflash rom if problems occurs.

Last edited:
Reactions: delboy and RangoX
Theatrically yes but unnecessary to wipe system because system wiped automatically during every update even if you start the update process via updater app...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
With the update app i'ts just wipe Dalvik and cache

Anyone know where backup theme is, or how can I export current mix customize theme as mtz.

Yes, recovery have one of main functions and that's flashing rom, but don't mix miui recovery and twrp recovery. For this roms you to have custom recovery aka Twrp, every xiaomi model have own Twrp version(check table on first post to find name for your phone) . If you are for first time installing eu rom, folllow instructions: unlock bootloader(if neded), fastboot flash Twrp, go to twrp and flash rom etc etc.
When you'll have Twrp recovery, next future roms flashing procedure is in less steps and fast.

If you accidently delete system partition(or it is corrupted) and you reboot, you'll get bootloop but it doesn't mean your device is hard bricked, it only can't find OS on your device. You still have recovery and from there you can install again rom.

Ok I know it but I have already install xiaomi.eu rom but I didn't unlock the bootloader after update (Android 5.1.1 to Android 6) and I've got a bootloop. Some xiaomi users tell me to unlock the bootloader and my phone will boot. They advice me to wipe system and re install rom via twrp ?

Reactions: severica25
UMI and ELEPHONE upgrade to Android Nougat.....
XIAOMI developer still sleeping on android Lollipop for redmi note 2...
My last XIAOMI ..Bye bye Hugo Barra

Would you recommend this rom over cyanogenmod if you've used both?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Cm/aosp or MIUI? Android or iPhone? It depends. You like aosp with something more use CM, you like a different rom with a lot of features use MIUi, MIUI work very well on mi4c, no lags.
So i think it is your personal choice. Try both of them and choose what you like.

If you have installed twrp you can install cm an use it, after that install miui and then you can choose.

Inviato dal mio Mi-4c utilizzando Tapatalk

But I can re-install a rom with the recovery ?
Yep, put the rom that you want to flash on the sd card, browse in the twrp install menu than you find on your sd card, than you can install a brand new os on your handset

Inviato dal mio Mi-4c utilizzando Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.