Do you like this MIUI version?

• YES

Votes: 355 91.0%
  • NO

Votes: 35 9.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess not , but it's the desperate neediness that rankles .
I hear you. I'm happy with anything that is stable, pure Android ie no bloatware and makes use of the hardware to the maximum. I don't think there is any rom out there that really prolongs battery life which is what I think all of us want. 3000mah isn't great. Handsets should have 5000mah batteries minimum. I would purchase xiaomi handset in a heartbeat if they released handset with decent processor, gpu, nfc, external sd card and replaceable battery. LG v20 is my hot favourite for specs and what I need but too bloody expensive... When it's released for sale.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Some issues with the marshmallow permissions too.Have been trying to grant Firefox device storage permission..and the "allow" button doesn't respond.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Hello!

So, I made a factory reset and installed the rom again. Now the permissions are working fine.

Do you have this activated?
e15088a1336b4b21d2c97a47e3d993f8.jpg

It is only in Messages?

Enviado do meu MI 4LTE através de Tapatalk
Same for me led notification 'on ' , but never functions for sms . Gmail and WhatsApp -no problem .

UMI and ELEPHONE upgrade to Android Nougat.....
XIAOMI developer still sleeping on android Lollipop for redmi note 2...
My last XIAOMI ..Bye bye Hugo Barra
Can identify with you but seems you'll be disappointed with other brands also.
Had chances to use few Htc, Samsung, huawei, some low known Chinese brands.
Just few models had android baseline upgrades, even that doesn't do Htc and Samsung if it isn't high priced and high status model. For Chinese low known brands, they use android upgrade as misleading marketing, giving you baseline upgrades just few months after of revealing device to market(if even then) and when problems and bugs arise from it because of lousy optimization and implementation they go silent and start ignoring customers.
You said yourself, they shorten there product life cycle so that you be forced to buy new model.
Only way to be sure you'll get few levels of baseline upgrade is to buy popular expensive high end models of popular brands(htc, lg, samsung), brands which markets them in collaboration with cyangenmod or xda community as Oneplus brand or manufacturers models officially backed up from Google.
Rest of market is left to be suported unofficially from xda.

Xiaomi isn't perfect manufacturer but they are somewhere in middle.
They do occasionally baseline upgrade but they are more focused on developing better miui eco system.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

I've noticed high data usage of the phone. Afther some investigation I've found that the 'analytics app' is responsible for this. Anyone else got the same problem? (Still using 6.9.1 but maybe it's fixed in this rom?)

It seems like that bootloader has been locked. Go to faatboot mode and check with miunlock. It should unlock the phone and will work normally.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Hey, I have a another problem, MiUnlock didn't recognize my phone and when I tried to flash a official rom with MiFlash the soft tell me an error "critical partition flashing is not allowed"...
Thank you for your answer

If you use other language then english try to change and see if it works.

Thanks , but I only use English ! Not sure but I think it's been like this since I updated to miui 8 and I update weekly . RN2

Can identify with you but seems you'll be disappointed with other brands also.
Had chances to use few Htc, Samsung, huawei, some low known Chinese brands.
Just few models had android baseline upgrades, even that doesn't do Htc and Samsung if it isn't high priced and high status model. For Chinese low known brands, they use android upgrade as misleading marketing, giving you baseline upgrades just few months after of revealing device to market(if even then) and when problems and bugs arise from it because of lousy optimization and implementation they go silent and start ignoring customers.
You said yourself, they shorten there product life cycle so that you be forced to buy new model.
Only way to be sure you'll get few levels of baseline upgrade is to buy popular expensive high end models of popular brands(htc, lg, samsung), brands which markets them in collaboration with cyangenmod or xda community as Oneplus brand or manufacturers models officially backed up from Google.
Rest of market is left to be suported unofficially from xda.

Xiaomi isn't perfect manufacturer but they are somewhere in middle.
They do occasionally baseline upgrade but they are more focused on developing better miui eco system.

Samsung s5 (a high end smartphone) is not receiving Nougat, and received MM only this year, and they keep complaining about a low/mid-range phone. Not forgetting that Samsung sells 6-times more phones than Xiaomi..

Closing the off topic.

sent from my Mi5

Reactions: severica25
after install this rom, I cant enter in TWRP.. I press the two buttons but in the phone appear the xiaomi logo and then dissapear, for after appear again.. and a bucle if I have press the two buttons..

after this I press the turn on button and it turn on..

after install this rom, I cant enter in TWRP.. I press the two buttons but in the phone appear the xiaomi logo and then dissapear, for after appear again.. and a bucle if I have press the two buttons..

after this I press the turn on button and it turn on..
Open the updater app, tap on the three-dots-menu and select "reboot to recovery". If it doesn't work this way neither, flash twrp again.

sent from my Mi5

Reactions: delboy and graw2
Flashed the latest Helium ROM, no problems at all everything works well, thank you!

Question-since this is an EU ROM, does this MIUI version 8 have support for European LTE bands and if so which ones are they?

Thank you for this great work! The only thing I had to do was to wipe the internal memory as it came encrypted and I spent hours looking for a way to decrypt it with TWRP, no luck.

Just a question: if I disablee root with the app SuperSU what happens? My phone seems to work as well. Should i flash supersu again before flashing the weekly or what?

Just a question: if I disablee root with the app SuperSU what happens? My phone seems to work as well. Should i flash supersu again before flashing the weekly or what?
Do you need root for some apps? If not, you can unroot. Root is not necessary to use Xiaomi.eu ROMs.

sent from my Mi5

Do you need root for some apps? If not, you can unroot. Root is not necessary to use Xiaomi.eu ROMs.

sent from my Mi5

I don't need root for any app. So every week all i have to do is the dalvik and cache wipe and just flash the new room via TWRP? And what's the difference if i do it via updater?

I don't need root for any app. So every week all i have to do is the dalvik and cache wipe and just flash the new room via TWRP? And what's the difference if i do it via updater?
Yes, no need of flashing SuperSU. I don't know which wipes the updater app includes. If you want my advice, flash from twrp, wiping dalvik+cache after flashing the update.

sent from my Mi5

Flashed the latest Helium ROM, no problems at all everything works well, thank you!

Question-since this is an EU ROM, does this MIUI version 8 have support for European LTE bands and if so which ones are they?

Thank you for this great work! The only thing I had to do was to wipe the internal memory as it came encrypted and I spent hours looking for a way to decrypt it with TWRP, no luck.
Imho there aren't in detailes explained which 4g/lte are supported.
For encrypted data, formating partition is only option.

Updater app method is the same as twrp recovery method because updater app installations will be redirected to twrp recovery, so twrp does the job in both cases.
Furthermore not necessary to wipe anything just for installing common weekly updates. All required wipes done automatically due to the install script.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.