Do you like this MIUI version?

• YES

Votes: 355 91.0%
  • NO

Votes: 35 9.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I know it but I have already install xiaomi.eu rom but I didn't unlock the bootloader after update (Android 5.1.1 to Android 6) and I've got a bootloop. Some xiaomi users tell me to unlock the bootloader and my phone will boot. They advice me to wipe system and re install rom via twrp ?
They advice you correctly. Unlock bootloader, install TWRP, put the rom on your sd card, wipe system, data, cache. DON'T wipe sd card! Then install rom from twrp install menu

Inviato dal mio Mi-4c utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi guys,
I tried to unlock my bootloader but MiUnlock can't verify my device, but for fix this error I should flash in fastboot mode a official rom but MiFlash tell me à critical partition flashing...
Who know how to fix it ? :(

With no upgrade you buy a dead phone...brr
miui 7... miui 8 are only a refrefh painting ...
You've opened a nice discussion, even I'm amazed for these delays, this same processor Qualcomm
And do you want a Nougat because?
It's like I want MM because permissions and Doze...
Miui have their own permissions and their own battery restrictions for a long time, but no...
Have to get MM or else phone sucks...
Do you even know what the improvements of Nougat, besides the obvious one that is multi-window?

They advice you correctly. Unlock bootloader, install TWRP, put the rom on your sd card, wipe system, data, cache. DON'T wipe sd card! Then install rom from twrp install menu

I tried to unlock my bootloader but MiUnlock can't verify my device, but for fix this error I should flash in fastboot mode a official rom but MiFlash tell me à critical partition flashing...
Who know how to fix it ?

Miui have their own permissions and their own battery restrictions for a long time, but no...
Do you even know what the improvements of Nougat, besides the obvious one that is multi-window?
I think that same. I don't understand people who want MM when they got an OS with more features of aosp rom.
If you want aosp rom you can buy a Nexus Phone.

Who know how to fix it ?
Before try to unlock did you received the sms from xiaomi with the unlock code? Ask about it if you don't and wait the sms, than do it again.

Who know how to fix it ?
Did you enable usb debugging and oem unlock in settings - advanced settings - developer options?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-12-20-24-12-258_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-12-20-24-12-258_com.android.settings.png
    135.9 KB · Views: 267
Reactions: severica25
Those who are content enjoys...so enjoys Xiaomi whitout upgrade...

I think that same. I don't understand people who want MM when they got an OS with more features of aosp rom.
If you want aosp rom you can buy a Nexus Phone.

Even Nexus or Pixel phones only have 2 years of updates...
But wait...
Mi2s is 3 years old and has Miui8...

Enviado do meu MI 4LTE através de Tapatalk

Reactions: sota01 and Mymymi
Did you enable usb debugging and oem unlock in settings - advanced settings - developer options?
I didn't have access to my phone just fastboot mode because I didn't unlock the bootloader after upgrade xiaomi.eu rom (Android 5.1.1) to xiaomi.eu (Android 6) and after 2 days of usage i've got a bootloop...

You've opened a nice discussion, even I'm amazed for these delays, this same processor Qualcomm

UMI and ELEPHONE upgrade to Android Nougat.....
XIAOMI developer still sleeping on android Lollipop for redmi note 2...
My last XIAOMI ..Bye bye Hugo Barra

You have already tried the ROM elephone?
Change phone, but no elephone, brr
If this is a nice discussion or not it's an opinion: anyway, that's not the right place where to discuss this.

sent from my Mi5

I blame Xiaoni Because after 1 year and half my device still on android 5.0 and if you whant a device with last os you have to buy a new device...and this is not a good think for me...bye bye blah blah blah
That doesn't matter, it is your personal choice. It is a free world until now, you are free to buy a brand new handset.

Yeah, same here. It is my main issue from the beginning. I hope it is not hardware weakness and it can be improved with further updates...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
Have you ever tried miui7? Some guys say it's better.

If this thing still have this problem would probably be my last xiaomi://

I blame Xiaoni Because after 1 year and half my device still on android 5.0 and if you whant a device with last os you have to buy a new device...and this is not a good think for me...bye bye blah blah blah

Brother, you don't have to blame the developer. Think of it this way, after one year, the phone is already worn by age, you will upgrade it for something that has more juice etc. It's called marketing! Same as for computers. To be able to compete in the PC Master Race you constantly need to upgrade your computer. On computers, you change the motherboard, the CPU etc, and you're all good for another period. That's why Modular Phones will never come out. Because of MONOPOLY! High Companies who control the market already like Samsung, Apple, HTC etc. Why should they sell a phone that's perfect? Means no more money for them... Even if you're against this thought process, you do it too. Because if you do something perfect today, you will not have something to work for tomorrow = money lost = many variables.

Don't get me wrong, I think the same as you do, companies ripping us off from year to year with less and less viable devices, but this is how this world works. "Buy it, use it, break it", buy a new one. There is no "Fix it" in the last sentence.

Honestly, do you really think Apple's iPhone 7 it's a technological miracle? NO! There are already devices with dual Camera, with better camera, with better specs, with many more other features than iPhone 7. Why do people still buy it? Because of 160$ AirPods? Because it allows modifications? Because of it's high customization? No! People buy the brand.

I truly hope this will not change your mentality, but will change the perspective over this situation.

Kind regards,

Last edited:
an update on the mocha 64GB version,

you can update to the latest , with the 1.2gig partition.

but not with twrp.

tried it, and all I had was twrp, and everytime an error when trying to install a zip file.

flashed (in twrp) cwm. reboot to recovery
in cwm choose flash cwm in partition 1, reboot to recovery
in cwm choose flash cwm in patition 2, reboot to recovery
in cwm, choose the file to edit the partitions, (1 becomes big), reboot to recovery
in cwm, wipe everything exept your micro-sd (with all the flash files), and flash the latest zip from xiaomi.eu (in partition 1), and then flash imediately cwm also to partition 1. reboot to system.

this worked for me...

now I have a working mocha 64gig with the latest miui8.

UMI and ELEPHONE upgrade to Android Nougat.....
XIAOMI developer still sleeping on android Lollipop for redmi note 2...
My last XIAOMI ..Bye bye Hugo Barra
Ah this old chestnut . Don't know about Elephone so much , but you're not likely to get an android update from Umi as long as you bave a hole in your backside especially on their mtk devices - though obviously the same could be said for Xiaomi. Umi engage in serious misleading marketing - been there done that . But it's hardly ' news ' that Xiaomi practically never update the android base , did you do any due diligence ? If it's so important to have the latest android version , buy a Nexus or the upcoming Google phones , it's the only way to guarantee it and your life will be improved beyond measure.
For my part , I can't justify the expense of a flagship phone , and usually a cheap phone means NO updates of any kind. But in Redmi Note 2 I think I have a great compromise -performance good enough for me ,good hardware, and updates which keep it in tune with its more expensive siblings...and it was cheap!

People want Nougat because it's the new thing. Nothing wrong with that blood.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.