Votes: 355 91.0%
  • NO

Votes: 35 9.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Kenzo users,

do you face the Compass calibration that takes much more time?
Small movement also not that easy calibration like before?

Ok I know it but I have already install xiaomi.eu rom but I didn't unlock the bootloader after update (Android 5.1.1 to Android 6) and I've got a bootloop. Some xiaomi users tell me to unlock the bootloader and my phone will boot. They advice me to wipe system and re install rom via twrp ?
No need to wipe anything. It isn't booting since boot image is patched and bootloader is locked.

Just boot into fastboot and unlock the bootloader, reboot and it with boot fine

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Can identify with you but seems you'll be disappointed with other brands also.
Had chances to use few Htc, Samsung, huawei, some low known Chinese brands.
Just few models had android baseline upgrades, even that doesn't do Htc and Samsung if it isn't high priced and high status model. For Chinese low known brands, they use android upgrade as misleading marketing, giving you baseline upgrades just few months after of revealing device to market(if even then) and when problems and bugs arise from it because of lousy optimization and implementation they go silent and start ignoring customers.
You said yourself, they shorten there product life cycle so that you be forced to buy new model.
Only way to be sure you'll get few levels of baseline upgrade is to buy popular expensive high end models of popular brands(htc, lg, samsung), brands which markets them in collaboration with cyangenmod or xda community as Oneplus brand or manufacturers models officially backed up from Google.
Rest of market is left to be suported unofficially from xda.

Xiaomi isn't perfect manufacturer but they are somewhere in middle.
They do occasionally baseline upgrade but they are more focused on developing better miui eco system.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk
I agree with you, for my experience, i trow 2 Zopos flagship phones ( ZP 999) to the bin, because i had several problem and the seller, even the main house in China did not even take care to reply !!!
I also contact the main house with Facebook, but they NEVER reply !!
So i think Elephone is the same bull s**t !!!
They sell you a lot of promises, on the paper it looks very nice but after 5 month, you can trow the phone to the bin !!!
This for my experience...

Reactions: severica25
No need to wipe anything. It isn't booting since boot image is patched and bootloader is locked.

Just boot into fastboot and unlock the bootloader, reboot and it with boot fine

Yeah I try it but MiUnlock didn't recognize my phone and when I tried to flash a official rom MiFlash tell me "critical partition flashing is not allowed"...

Envoyé de mon OnePlus 3 en utilisant Tapatalk

Yeah I try it but MiUnlock didn't recognize my phone and when I tried to flash a official rom MiFlash tell me "critical partition flashing is not allowed"...

Is your fastboot drivers loaded correctly?

What does the output of following command shows :

fastboot oem device-info

Is your fastboot drivers loaded correctly?

What does the output of following command shows :

fastboot oem device-info

I replied when I'm back home.
Thank you

Installed yesterday on Note 3 Pro SD.
Dirty flash in twrp, only wiped dalvik and cache. No problems installing or running. Afterwards had to re unlock with official tool and also register fingerprints again. Nothing major.
No problems to report. No new features either.
Charging may be taking longer, but I am not sure. Battery use seems more or less the same as in 6.8.18.

I am happy to have gotten android 6, but I don't see any real difference compared to 5.1.

Don't get me wrong, I thank the developer for the hard work and I am happy there is such a strong community. Thank you.

"but I don't see any real difference compared to 5.1."

Thanx, that was the information i was looking for....
No reason to flash this one, only because it's MM now. I'll wait a few months until this has become more stable.

Hey guys, I forgot...what rom I must use to merge partition before going to MIUI 8?
Thanks

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

java.lang.NullPointerException

For now change language in rom and see if there is difference.
Also clear cache and dalvik

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

I changed the lenguaje to English and cleaned cache and dalvik

ERROR.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-13-11-59-43-115_com.google.android.gms.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-13-11-59-43-115_com.google.android.gms.png
    250.1 KB · Views: 276
so? you always wanted Android 6.. now you got it.. and your ****** old app from year 2013 is not compatible.. and you blame MIUI for that..???? wake up dude..

I do not blame MIUI , I just reported an error that did not happen before , if the app patience and thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.