Do you like this MIUI version?

• YES

Votes: 355 91.0%
  • NO

Votes: 35 9.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have Redmi 3 and I was using the previous version of miui global and I could get the weekly updates (Actually I bought last month xiaomi and I recieved one update succesfully).​
But last time I updated version, I got the error message and tried to download full rom from OTA as the phone said. After update, root access was gone and cofface TWRP was deleted. I tried to do same steps to make my phone rooted and install TWRP but after reboot, everything was turned normal although I complete steps successfully. Iin the past, I made root and installed TWRP successfully. But his time.. I don't understand. Please help me.

Note: Unlocked device and Global weekly updated rom

Last edited:
Hi, I have Redmi 3 and I was using the previous version of miui global and I could get the weekly updates (Actually I bought last month xiaomi and I recieved one update succesfully).​
But last time I updated version, I got the error message and tried to download full rom from OTA as the phone said. After update, root access was gone and cofface TWRP was deleted. I tried to do same steps to make my phone rooted and install TWRP but after reboot, everything was turned normal although I complete steps successfully. Iin the past, I made root and installed TWRP successfully. But his time.. I don't understand. Please help me.

Note: Unlocked device and Global weekly updated rom
So at end what rom you have at the moment, global, weekly, eu version?
If you don't have eu roms, best thing is to ask on official miui forum.

If you accept Ota global/weekly and you have Twrp on, ofc you'll get miui recovery installed over twrp.
It's official rom not from this community.
Freely someone correct me.

About getting again twrp, install it by fastboot. For rooting global not eu rom can't help.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It's hard to understand from post.

It says MIUI 8 global in about menu. And I could get the weekly updates. I assume it is dev global rom.

It says MIUI 8 global in about menu. And I could get the weekly updates. I assume it is dev global rom.
If you whish to install twrp and root again while having still global rom and not eu rom, you'll need to visit official xiaomi forum.
If you want to install eu rom and twrp, go to first page and read instructions.

Edited: Read your post again, it could be that you didn't flash Twrp through fast boot properly. Try to flash it again and check carefully which twrp is correct one for your device.
About root, same as twrp, you'll loose root permissions after flashing official/or even eu rom.
Only difference is EU rom doesn't overwrite twrp.

Before doing anything check if your device stayed unlocked after flashing Ota.

Last edited:
If you don't have eu roms, best thing is to ask on official miui forum.

If you accept Ota global/weekly and you have Twrp on, ofc you'll get miui recovery installed over twrp.
It's official rom not from this community.
Freely someone correct me.

About getting again twrp, install it by fastboot. For rooting global not eu rom can't help.

I am sorry but I don't know which version of Miui I'm using. As far as I know official global and weekly updated rom is installed on device.

And Although I tried lots of times to install twrp and root, I got nothing though everhthing done errorrless.

I am sorry but I don't know which version of Miui I'm using. As far as I know official global and weekly updated rom is installed on device.

And Although I tried lots of times to install twrp and root, I got nothing though everhthing done errorrless.
You tried through fastboot?
Which specific version of twrp?

It could be that you need other versions of twrp.
Also enable usb debugging and oem unlock in developer options.
Don't forget to check if you have still unlocked device.
Some users here also use redmi 3, so post link of twrp, maybe they can give you some guidance.

Last edited:
You tried through fastboot?
Which specific version of twrp?
Some users here also use redmi 3, so post link of twrp, maybe they can give you some guidance.

yeah through fastboot. and cofface twrp 3.0. fastboot recovery twrp.img it was a command like this. I know how to do cuz I did before.
If I find redmi 3 users, I will ask, thanks.

Search "official twrp mi5 xda", go to the thread, look at second post: there are two versions depending on your LCD manufacturer (type 'cat /proc/hwinfo' in a terminal app to find out the one you have).

sent from my Mi5
hello . i'm have a problem when flash this rom via twrp in my mi5. it's show that : failed to mount /cust device or resource busy. are u have same problem? so sorry for my bad english.

Installed on my Mi4 and Mipad 1 and 2 days ago and this is the best Rom ever! Thanks @ingbrzy and developers

Enviado desde mi MI 4W mediante Tapatalk

Installed on my Mi4 and Mipad 1 and 2 days ago and this is the best Rom ever! Thanks @ingbrzy and developers

Enviado desde mi MI 4W mediante Tapatalk
Hey man, did you have any issues with installing ROM on your mipad? I'm I'm 6.8.25 right now, and trying to upgrade keeps giving me error 11 in twrp, dunno why. Ive already merged system partitions of course, it's 1.2GB. Thanks!

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

Hey man, did you have any issues with installing ROM on your mipad? I'm I'm 6.8.25 right now, and trying to upgrade keeps giving me error 11 in twrp, dunno why. Ive already merged system partitions of course, it's 1.2GB. Thanks!

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk
error 11 isn't important.. just reboot...

Reactions: lavinski
its "land".. yes it will...
There has been a few questions about this with no definitive answer...
3S Int. version has B20 lte support... What happens with B20 after installing .eu rom?
Because all 3S have the same hardware, just that normal 3S doesn't have b20 enabled in kernel/rom.

There has been a few questions about this with no definitive answer...
3S Int. version has B20 lte support... What happens with B20 after installing .eu rom?
Because all 3S have the same hardware, just that normal 3S doesn't have b20 enabled in kernel/rom.
no change.. it has same ROM... already tested by users..

First of all: Thanks for the ROM!
Is this the place to report bugs?

I don't get notification sounds from Telegram App on Kenzo.

I bought mi4c 2/16 can anybody tell me what eu rom with no bugs using TWRP?
Start from last available weekly rom for your device. You'll need to take some time and read how to unlock your device(that's important so that you don't brick your phone), install adb drivers for pc, how to use fastboot. You have plenty links on previous posts here and on official xiaomi forum. When you have everything setup, unlock your device, visit first post on this thread and download rom and twrp for your device. Guide yourself by model name. Your device is called Libra.

Reactions: mayday29
First of all: Thanks for the ROM!
Is this the place to report bugs?

I don't get notification sounds from Telegram App on Kenzo.
Go to settings, installed apps, find Telegram, custom notification and check if you have enabled sound and vibration.
If that's enabled, try to clear dalvik and cache in twrp.
If you restored telegram from local/miui backup/titanium, uninstall telegram and install again from Google Playstore.

Reactions: sluTTY
Status
Not open for further replies.