• YES

Votes: 355 91.0%
  • NO

Votes: 35 9.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ingbrzy or @graw2

Security issue with an app called AnalyticsCore, package name com.miui.analytics.
More on it here: - https://www.thijsbroenink.com/2016/09/xiaomis-analytics-app-reverse-engineered/

I checked with TiBu and as far as I can see we don't have the above app in xiaomi.eu roms.

Are we safe from this exploit? Or is the above linked post just scaremongering?

Do not worry about, it is just scaremongering. s**t spreads more than anything....(I have seen posted same link everywhere)

So, we are safe ;)

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I found major bug..;)

77c4aed26516bbb82f7405215d9f294a.jpg

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk
You need a bigger screen to fix this ;)

Last edited:
Do not worry about, it is just scaremongering. s**t spreads more than anything....(I have seen posted same link everywhere)

So, we are safe ;)

Don't see a crucial purpose for using on eu roms. Think that every xiaomi service would work. On my device freezing apk and disabled service doesn't produce any issues. Ppl which are concerned with it could try a same :)
Sometimes could lower a battery consumption as benefits.
Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

Reactions: graw2
Yes, this is what I do but, how can I install zips if I cant run recovery?
Best thing would be to ask on eng forum from that link. Try to revert all back to initial state, don't have mipad, but for miui phones you can flash official firmware with miflash tool.

In Mi4 Lte, Netwoks 4g 3g 2g dont change fine. Some time "not signal" and "out service" and in a second, signal top, second later not signal. In calls more times no conect calls, and appears Connect (two arrows on) and no netwok in browser.

Thanks for your work :)

Don't see a crucial purpose for using on eu roms. Think that every xiaomi service would work. On my device freezing apk and disabled service doesn't produce any issues. Ppl which are concerned with it could try a same :)
Sometimes could lower a battery consumption as benefits.
I'm also freeze it, and no issues on redmi note2. thx for you info. :)

Reactions: Stefano131270
Better of that you can't have...
Your device use frequently miui services, and you have alot of app syncing in background.
So this is good. :)

Yesterday was good, today is better :)
Descreased the drain from 0.6% to 0.3%, thanks to GravityBox. As long as my phone is locked the network switches to 2G (unlocked it switches back to 4G)

Attachments

• 2016-09-16 07.02.39.png
    2016-09-16 07.02.39.png
    206.3 KB · Views: 357
  • 2016-09-16 07.02.47.png
    2016-09-16 07.02.47.png
    236 KB · Views: 343
  • 2016-09-16 07.02.56.png
    2016-09-16 07.02.56.png
    251.1 KB · Views: 349
Just to report, I gave a chance to MIUI8 this week.
Upgraded from MIUI 7 xiaomi.eu stable due to battery time.

I am surprised. Yesterday, after 17 hours of barely using the phone (few voice calls, less than 1h SOT) battery was 50%. No heating, when not touching the phone, standby drain 2% per hour or less with sync, gps, wifi, bt ON.
Therefore, miui 8 standby battery drain fixed!!
I will test SOT in next few days.

GREAT WORK!!!

1. No, hold it untill it turns off and then power it on
2. After it gets blocked during setup because of find my device error, I rebooted it and it booted to home screen so I was able to use the phone
3. Yes - fir the first time ever, I have a 10 hour SOT bug :D :D. Only major bug is that I am unable to set a google backup account but this is miui related, it has nothing to do with xiaomi.eu rom. I also turned miui gallery backup off becuase it caused random and temporary battery drains.
4. Fingerprint sensor is not as precise as before, but with 10h SOT, I don't care :)

Thanks a ton. But i tried multiple times, but device reboots to the miui agreement page and then gets stuck with the find my device error. looks like i have to stay in LP for a while. else have to wait for a method to update for unofficial unlockers. but thanks for giving me a solution to try.

one question, i received official unlock permission way back in april or may, i dont remember correctly, is there a time limt for the unlock permission? or can i use the same permission now if i bite the bullet and update to MM officially. biggest issue is if i'm stuck with no unlock then i wont have eu rom. kindly advice.

miui 8 roms are not good as miui 7. miui 7 best battery.

Simple, miui7 - 7.1.6.0 has the best battery so far, unbeatable. And I tested at least 20 releases from stable 7.x.x.x to 8.x.x.x to dev 6.x.x.

With this 6.9.8./9 I have a feeling it's the best battery time I ever had with miui8.

Try mi4c use sngle sim lock signal to LTE/WCDMA only, there no more battery drain when lock screen. Rom 8.0.4.0.eu

8.0.4.0 was draining battery 30% more than last stable miui7 and introduced heating.
I tried the trick with 2g/3g/4g lock only, no visible change.

Hi,

this will be my first message. I have downloaded and installed the rom yesterday night. Gotta say, the rom is amazing. I was using 6.8.18 China developer and unlocked/rooted my phone in order to pass to this rom. it's so amazing that all the chinese bloatwares are gone.

but gotta say one thing, I don't know whether the reason is CDR or Xiaomi.eu rom, but this rom is extremely laggy and slow on Redmi note 3 Kenzo.

I first tought maybe android is lagging due to it just creates its own files after the first boot and trying to settle down. But this isn't the case. Check the CPU from CPU-Z. the dualcore A72 varies from 1000-1800mhz however the Q core is like on load all the time. Normal china stable rom has a usage of 15-30 cpu without anything doing. However gotta say, the phone sleeps AMAZING! deep sleep is incredible on this built and it almost never gets awaken. almost 1 hour sot with 3G, and battery is %88 (however more than %50 usage coming from android)

Whenever the screen is on, something spikes up the CPU. I was checking the miui forums and this is mainly because of CDR. Marshmallow MIUI 8 on Redmi note 3 pro is like still beta. it ain't stable. people are also complaining about this so, if your phone is laggy it's because of CDR, not this rom.

Also You will notice your Antutu score will be something like 60K (not 75K).

I will be passing to 6.8.18 xiaomi.eu today. hope it will be better for now. then I'll come back for MM when it becomes stable.

Have a nice day.

Regards, from Istanbul.

Simple, miui7 - 7.1.6.0 has the best battery so far, unbeatable. And I tested at least 20 releases from stable 7.x.x.x to 8.x.x.x to dev 6.x.x.

With this 6.9.8./9 I have a feeling it's the best battery time I ever had with miui8.

8.0.4.0 was draining battery 30% more than last stable miui7 and introduced heating.
I tried the trick with 2g/3g/4g lock only, no visible change.
my experiance is 7.2.3.0 stable best battery. 6h12m SOT best score :) I agree with you best miui8 version this version.but not good as miui7

Mi-4c cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

I would like to suggest an improvement for the Camera app:
when using the front camera, it would be useful to have a "virtual flash" function that automatically turns the brightness up and makes the screen white in order to have a little bit more light in dark environments, just as many other apps do.

Reactions: Juanmaasecas
What's the deal with the Mi Video app spamming me with Chinese news? I tried searching the forums about this, but it's been returning errors for a few weeks.

Does anyone have a solution?
When I delete the call log, turn off the phone and turn on, calls are still present
Thank you

Wow! It's very impressive! 2 days 3 hours and 38 percent left.
Kenzo.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-16-12-43-13-685_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-16-12-43-13-685_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
Reactions: mnikolce
I would like to suggest an improvement for the Camera app:
when using the front camera, it would be useful to have a "virtual flash" function that automatically turns the brightness up and makes the screen white in order to have a little bit more light in dark environments, just as many other apps do.
Features request should be made at the official forum, not here.

sent from my Mi5

Status
Not open for further replies.