Do you like this MIUI version?

• YES

Votes: 355 91.0%
  • NO

Votes: 35 9.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was experiencing several performance issues with this ROM, went back to last week ROM and problems solved.

Xiaomi Mi Max.

I was experiencing several performance issues with this ROM, went back to last week ROM and problems solved.

Me too! I had battery drain 'problems', about 1,5% in the night.
Two days ago I did a clean flash (again). First night 1.0% drain and last night 0.6% drain.
Till now I'm very happy :)

Attachments

• 2016-09-15 07.16.20.png
    2016-09-15 07.16.20.png
    176 KB · Views: 446
  • 2016-09-15 07.16.28.png
    2016-09-15 07.16.28.png
    212.2 KB · Views: 452
  • 2016-09-15 07.16.35.png
    2016-09-15 07.16.35.png
    223.3 KB · Views: 444
  • 2016-09-15 07.16.46.png
    2016-09-15 07.16.46.png
    250.9 KB · Views: 433
  • 2016-09-15 07.17.14.png
    2016-09-15 07.17.14.png
    170.7 KB · Views: 428
  • 2016-09-15 07.17.23.png
    2016-09-15 07.17.23.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 418
Reactions: severica25
error 11 isn't important.. just reboot...
Thanks, you're correct as usual! I wasn't patient enough last time, and tried to flash a 2nd time in the same twrp session, and that probably screwed it up. This time is all good

Guys, I have been using MIUI Eu rom the day i unofficially unlocked my bootloader of Redmi Note 3 Kenzo and post safe-twrp it was a bliss and smooth ride until 6.9.9 switch to MM. i have tried flashing 6.99 directly using safe twrp 4 times and wiping data, dalvik,cache and the phone boots, but im stuck at setting startup at MI account login, where it gives find my device error and im unable to skip the process and it only allows me to go back to previous setting page. status bar doesnt work and unable to practically do anything. but bootloader seems to remain unlocked and twrp (cofface -rajdip) is intact. so im able to restore to my twrp 6.8.18 backup and am all set again

so can anyone throw light as to why im able to boot and getting find my device error? this is frustrating.

Also can anyone with unofficial unlock bootloader help with steps to upgrade to MM 6.9.9?

i know there is a way to flash a LP fastboot rom via EDL, then unlock officially and flash twrp and flash this rom. but my main hesitation is, im scared i may again face that dreaded miunlock stuck at 50% error. that is main reason i threw the towel and unlocked unofficially after waiting for a long time, trying all possible solutions given at that time. if that happens im stuck with an official miui rom with no root... Root is also not a big requirement for me, but TWRP is. and without that i wont be able to enjoy this rom!

Pls help me as i have found this group to be extremely friendly and doesnt give rude replies that "if you unlocked unofficially then you have to cough up these kind of issues" :) Thanks.

P.S: What a bum i'm :oops:..never mentioned my device all the while. edited now.

Last edited:
Anyone know if the fact of having the phone rooted, may shorten battery duration, SOT ?
Nope, like others said I can add that you can improve battery life by the porting of Miravision and clearmotion. Its not a miracle,but its always better.
Anyway, superuser app sometimes revives the device, but CPU usage is minor really minor compared to others applications. Instead you can have a different rom that use the phone differently also change battery life. In my redmi2 experience I passed from 2to6 sot depending of the week.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Me too! I had battery drain 'problems', about 1,5% in the night.
Two days ago I did a clean flash (again). First night 1.0% drain and last night 0.6% drain.
Till now I'm very happy :)
Better of that you can't have...
Your device use frequently miui services, and you have alot of app syncing in background.
So this is good. :)

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Joost1234
I need to disable all battery saver&optimizer settings because in last rom in my note3pro is very slow in multitasking. Anyway I guess in future updates this great rom will be more optimized and will go better
Miui battery saver if you use complete feature will make your rom work slowly in multitasking. That's a way how battery saver works. It will kill apps and services, possible also it will lower frequency or manage cores differently depending on devices. You can't have longer battery life without sacrificing to some degree speed and multitasking responsivness. You are sacrificing something to gain something else.
What can you do if you still want to use battery saver, exclude important apps from it, put no restriction and locked them in memory.

annoying me about laggy when play mkv file and dry battery, anyone can help to fix it? Mi4C eu.6.9.8 rom
Other brand devices have same issues with mkv. Try to change video player settings, also you try Mx player, personally its best player on market.

Reactions: mayday29
Other brand devices have same issues with mkv. Try to change video player settings, also you try Mx player, personally its best player on market.

i use mx player but still laggy. How to fix battery , i am on 2 sim card. There no different if i use single card..5-10% / hours 3G signal

Play littlebit with video player options there you can change video developers settings, also you have few options for video player in general Developers setting of device. Make yourself a note what did you change so that you can revert back if problems arise. Also Mx player have huge tweaking abilities, 3 types of decoder (software, hardware and hardware+), possibilities to install custom codes etc

i use mx player but still laggy. How to fix battery , i am on 2 sim card. There no different if i use single card..5-10% / hours 3G signal
You'll need to give more details, alot more.
Install better batery stats xda addition, install it, go to his settings and convert it to system app. Reboot phone, leave phone fir few hours in standby. After make screenshot of tabs: "partial wakelock", "alarms", "other" and "processes".
Post it.

For mx lag while playing mkv, test different decoders, try first Hw+.

Play littlebit with video player options there you can change video developers settings, also you have few options for video player in general Developers setting of device. Make yourself a note what did you change so that you can revert back if problems arise. Also Mx player have huge tweaking abilities, 3 types of decoder (software, hardware and hardware+), possibilities to install custom codes etc

thanks..i try it and compare with eu.8.0.4.0 i had flash it yesterday there show 3 option setting, hw sw hw+. I choose sw, and it work, but in this 6.9.8 just showed 2 option ( hw & sw) i play with sw but still laggy.

thanks..i try it and compare with eu.8.0.4.0 i had flash it yesterday there show 3 option setting, hw sw hw+. I choose sw, and it work, but in this 6.9.8 just showed 2 option ( hw & sw) i play with sw but still laggy.
Sw will be laggy on some video file type. Try to reinstall mx player test hw and hw+.
Allways test with same mkv file, they aren't all same, some could be "heavy".
Also try this: http://androidforums.com/threads/solved-having-issues-with-playing-mkv-videos.447462/

Reactions: mayday29
Guys, I have been using MIUI Eu rom the day i unofficially unlocked my bootloader of Redmi Note 3 Kenzo and post safe-twrp it was a bliss and smooth ride until 6.9.9 switch to MM. i have tried flashing 6.99 directly using safe twrp 4 times and wiping data, dalvik,cache and the phone boots, but im stuck at setting startup at MI account login, where it gives find my device error and im unable to skip the process and it only allows me to go back to previous setting page. status bar doesnt work and unable to practically do anything. but bootloader seems to remain unlocked and twrp (cofface -rajdip) is intact. so im able to restore to my twrp 6.8.18 backup and am all set again

so can anyone throw light as to why im able to boot and getting find my device error? this is frustrating.

Also can anyone with unofficial unlock bootloader help with steps to upgrade to MM 6.9.9?

i know there is a way to flash a LP fastboot rom via EDL, then unlock officially and flash twrp and flash this rom. but my main hesitation is, im scared i may again face that dreaded miunlock stuck at 50% error. that is main reason i threw the towel and unlocked unofficially after waiting for a long time, trying all possible solutions given at that time. if that happens im stuck with an official miui rom with no root... Root is also not a big requirement for me, but TWRP is. and without that i wont be able to enjoy this rom!

Pls help me as i have found this group to be extremely friendly and doesnt give rude replies that "if you unlocked unofficially then you have to cough up these kind of issues" :) Thanks.

P.S: What a bum i'm :oops:..never mentioned my device all the while. edited now.
I had the same find my device error with official rom. I rebooted the phone with power button and it booted back to home screen

I had the same find my device error with official rom. I rebooted the phone with power button and it booted back to home screen

Thanks for your reply. will try it tonight and revert as im at work now.

Just few qs:

1. should i keep holding the power button till it reboots?
2. is find my device throwing a error after all setup? and you are able to login to Mi account?
3.any major bugs you are facing?
4. any performance issue?

Hello , from the earliest versions have never been able to set pictures from backgrounds menu, now in the last two weekly versions no longer works use with one hand , can you help ?
Nothing? Mi Max 32 gb

Status
Not open for further replies.