MIUI 8.2 7.1.12

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess someone might tell me to ask @en.miui , but I will ask anyway... Isn't Hennessey RN3 MTK essentially the same as Hermes apart from battery, fingerprint security and metal body? So any thoughts why that is not also suspended?

Strange behaviour in 2017 roms with mi5 - apps cannot get internet connection via mobile connection (4g, 3g) With WIFI everything is ok. Little example of apps, cannot get connection - Google Play, Waze, Shazam. I have reinstalled them with no luck.
Chrome sometimes gets connection, sometimes not - imho are connection problems by opening new tab in chrome. If tab is alredy opened, connection works.
Some apps working normally - e.g. weather app, gmail, mail.
Have someone mentioned the same issue?
By now i use 1229 rom with no such problems.

3G/LTE issue persists on Redmi Note 3 Pro SD.
wifi works fine, but no data on network.
refreshed APN settings, but it did not help. can someone else confirm?

Can the admins please look into this? Since ver 6.12.15, no release has worked for me

I have RN3Pro and I found no problems.. before I had 7.1.5 and even before I had 6.12.22.. always worked

Last edited:
Yes, I'm part of global beta team and volte have no issues there. But I like EU ROM same is very much optized in terms of batter, volume and performance. But now I'm thinking of moving back to global beta as jio is my primary #.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Same here will use the global and remove all the google bloatware of course. let's hope things will get better here before April :p

Last edited:
4g /lte on redmi 3s not working in this build to

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk
8af90358c4cb4eee97c8d764c16ae212.jpg

Working for me

Sent from my Redmi 3S EU LTE

the update is good except the google launcher app
When i google something with the launcher widget it chrashs all time

It had the 6.11.24 rom installed and drained battery. I changed to 6.12.22 and it improved a lot. Does anyone install 7.1.12 and how does the battery behave on Redmi Pro Heliox25? Any bug identified?

I guess someone might tell me to ask @en.miui , but I will ask anyway... Isn't Hennessey RN3 MTK essentially the same as Hermes apart from battery, fingerprint security and metal body? So any thoughts why that is not also suspended?
well small components like ambient light sensors are different AND development on Hermes has been stopped past few months. So far theyve only got 'cosmetic' updates so I'm not surprised that a proper update (regardless of whether android version gets updated) can take a long time, because even the stable hermes roms has like a number of bugs. One of the main problem with hermes is they have a lot of variants that use a large number of different 'small' parts so updating can be a big problem (considering how xiaomi handles updates lol).

when i say variants I mean the same 'spec' phone having different small components. Why is it the case is beyond me.

Return to 4G after CSFB for voice call is fine (tested on Smart Philippines LTE2100 netwok), idle mode 4G reselection is much more dependant on network parameters, so not a reliable test method for the UE.
Thanks for your comment. However, this phenomenon has not occurred in, say, 6.12.22.

Mi 5: Data Usage under Setting is finally working without FC after selecting from the menu. Yay!

i did the easy solution , went to clock / 3 dots for the options / edit system time / select time zone , and i changed to Arabian standard time : baghdad . problem solved .

i really beleive the issue is not xiaomi as neither in windows you have that , any outlook . but to be sure i switched everything to baghdad.

That workaround that I using now. But this isn't fix all problems. For example on facebook, new posts always shows 1 hour old post if manage to explain.

well small components like ambient light sensors are different AND development on Hermes has been stopped past few months. So far theyve only got 'cosmetic' updates so I'm not surprised that a proper update (regardless of whether android version gets updated) can take a long time, because even the stable hermes roms has like a number of bugs. One of the main problem with hermes is they have a lot of variants that use a large number of different 'small' parts so updating can be a big problem (considering how xiaomi handles updates lol).

when i say variants I mean the same 'spec' phone having different small components. Why is it the case is beyond me.
Yes makes sense , but alternatively couldn't it be said that there might be these small variances across the whole range , which would affect ' stability ' on all devices?
It's odd , because every week I got the impression there are fewer ' bugs' reported for RN2 than other devices , and I wasn't aware that development had stopped in terms of MIUI weekly updates.

Reactions: heksmi
Status
Not open for further replies.