MIUI 8.2 7.1.12

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody facing incoming call problem with ringtone volume?
On my Redmi Note 3 SD it goes from very low to max volume, volume increase, i never faced such problem, it's always on max, now it takes 5sec until it reaches max volume it is so annoying!!
Any advice?

Poslano sa mog Redmi Note 3 koristeći Tapatalk

MIUI was a revolutionary layer or fork to add innovative features and often advanced to Android stock but some time ago if it returned conformist and little revolutionary even leaving or ignoring important additions of Android stock and settle for adding features not important week to week, They should optimize the use of ram memory and battery expense, as well as better take advantage of our xiaomi hardware, add API like camera 2 and vulkan, the processing of photographs can improve, add gestures with the fingerprint reader, this would make MIUI Advance not adding unnecessary features, instead of adding things to the dumb should optimize and optimize what they already have.
quality > quantitiy
First OS developers should optimize the software and performance to build a solid "foundation" for application devs.

@antigravity Is the supersu app on your phone? If not extract the app from common folder of the zip and install it.

Also when flashing in TWRP, go back in TWRP to advance options and copy the recovery log, have a look in it for errors.

If you can't decipher it, post it to pastebin.com and share the link here.
I've just flashed it for the third time and now it does work. I don't know, last time it was the same, after the second try it worked for me too. Do you have an explanation for that?

Reactions: Mali2
I'm not sure how old this bug is but it is only now that I have noticed it.
  1. Bluetooth is on, playing music via Bandcamp app.
  2. I got an incoming call that I had to mute. I have pressed vol-down.
  3. After the ringing ended. I was trying to lower the volume of my Bluetooth speaker. The proper volume bar was showing and the dot was moving up and down as I was pressing the volume keys but the audible volume stayed the same.
  4. I have paused and resumed the music and it started working again
Thanks to the devs for the efforts.

Mi5

I am still on an older weekly, I can just update to this right without problems..

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

I think this has nothing to do with the ROM release level.

Most modern smartphones speed up or slow down automatically based on current battery and processor temperature. A variance of +/- 20% is not uncommon.

Put your phone in the fridge for an hour, then run Antutu. You'll be pleasantly surprised.
My Antutu score got 12000 points lower with this weekly. Same conditions as former benchmarks, only difference: It is not in the "Game Booster", which was removed.

Performance decreased in this update for Redmi pro
99000 to 86000

4d4848befc6c29ed44cb0366eafd20ab.jpg

Envoyé de mon Redmi Pro en utilisant Tapatalk

@antigravity Delete the log post, it's too long to be posting here.

Must important part: -
Code:
- Flashing boot image
dd: writing '/dev/block/sde36': No space left on device
16385+0 records in
16384+0 records out
67108864 bytes (64.0MB) copied, 0.174352 seconds, 367.1MB/s

Are you sure you don't have an OLD traces of sytemless xposed on your device (on your data partition)?
Also "suhide" if used before may also have traces left in the data partition.
Both would survive a dirty flash of the rom.

I was getting a similar error last week with the above conditions.

@antigravity Delete the log post, it's too long to be posting here.

Must important part: -
Code:
- Flashing boot image
dd: writing '/dev/block/sde36': No space left on device
16385+0 records in
16384+0 records out
67108864 bytes (64.0MB) copied, 0.174352 seconds, 367.1MB/s

Are you sure you don't have an OLD traces of sytemless xposed on your device (on your data partition)?
Also "suhide" if used before may also have traces left in the data partition.
Both would survive a dirty flash of the rom.

I was getting a similar error last week with the above conditions.
I never used either xposed nor suhide. but what is suhide?

@antigravity

You can get TWRP for free from official sources, plus there is also alternative good versions on XDA.

See if there is an update for your version of your TWRP.

This is not the place to discuss "suhide", search XDA for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.