MIUI 9 7.10.19

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very stable rom , came from global.beta . Thanks for good work .

A question is , after upgrading to android 7 roms (global stable 8.5.40 , global beta 7.10.19 , xiaomi.eu 7.10.19) network signal is lower compared to android 6 roms. Can we flash older roms radio firmwares , is there such a way ?
It is most likely that the thresholds for the indicator bars have changed, rather than the radio performance changing.
To change the actual radio performance, it would require a new version of the modem, which is not something that xiaomi.eu folks have access to. It is severely restricted under Qualcomm licence to only a very small number of OEM developers.

Reactions: ekalkici
It is most likely that the thresholds for the indicator bars have changed, rather than the radio performance changing.
To change the actual radio performance, it would require a new version of the modem, which is not something that xiaomi.eu folks have access to. It is severely restricted under Qualcomm licence to only a very small number of OEM developers.

Thanks for info. It's good news if only a cosmetic change in siganl bars. Because i didn't meause actual signal strenght before upgrade rom.

Thanks for info. It's good news if only a cosmetic change in siganl bars. Because i didn't meause actual signal strenght before upgrade rom.
Also the signal bars are not an accurate signal assessment, they are a bit like trying accurately measure the windspeed & direction by wetting your finger and holding it up.
At a minimum, you need to do measurements using a tool like Network Signal Guru, and measure the RSCP (3G) or RSRP (4G), which gives you the RF power of the signal your phone is "camped" on. The signal bar indication is usually based on RSSI, which is all RF (wanted signal + interference [unwanted signals] + thermal noise) detected by the RF front-end in the receiver.
This "signal bar" measurement is often very misleading.

I found answers too quick thanks, the last question is :) i'm using xiaomi.eu 7.10.19 rom , rooted with supersu. Will i receive OTA updates from xiaomi.eu. Or download whole rom and update via TWRP. Is wipe needed or dirty flash.

Hi, may be a silly question, but I really liked the functionality in Global/Indian versions of MIUI where the messages app would put notifications/advertisements in a different tab and only have messages from humans in your primary tab. How do I get that functionality in xiaomi.eu?

On Redmi 3 ido after postponing an alarm sometimes the screen is blocked and the only solution is restart the phone. Any solution?

I found answers too quick thanks, the last question is :) i'm using xiaomi.eu 7.10.19 rom , rooted with supersu. Will i receive OTA updates from xiaomi.eu. Or download whole rom and update via TWRP. Is wipe needed or dirty flash.
You can use OTA, I tried it once without any problem, but needed an additional reboot to re-install SuperSU, so no time saving at all.

For my Mi5, I usually download, reboot into TWRP, flash both the ROM and SuperSU together.
After that, the phone reboots it'self and then I clean out a couple of system files I do not want (Browser and MiCredit), do a second reboot - all is fine.

I wanna ask about "Screen Recorder" app

Why the sound source from speaker (internal) was disappeared ?

I tried to install this update and now my MI5X doesn't turn on. Any ideas? It's just a rock right now
I have had the same problem with the previous version, in my Redmi 3 PRO. After install the previous version, the phone don't turn on. I turn on entering in one of the modes distinct of Recovery. I don't remember if it was with POWER + VOLUME - or POWER + VOLUME +

In the option, I can enter I done a restart pussing some button, but I don't remember the button of the screen. Since then I'm not having problems.

EDIT: I think is POWER + VOLUME +. You must press this buttons for 20 seconds. When you enter the restart button is in chinese language.
If you continues having problems is possible you have to unlock the bootloader.

Saludos

Last edited:
I have the same problem. WIFI signal strength is the same, however, the displayed signal strength on the top bar is lowered significally. I'm literally 5 meters away from the router, can download with 40MBps, but the indicator has zero bars left, maybe just the point is shown. It really is only an
inconvenience, but a big one.

RedmiNote2. battery is good, i do experience random drains, nothing to worry about. WIFI signal is a pain. Standing next to a router and i can not open anything.
Overall MIUI9 looks better then 8.
one more thing, not a fan of the Battery&Performance update. Too many clicks to see the chart, SOT time etc.

Reactions: Anaël
Thx for the quick reply and sorry for the noob question, but is there any chance to flash the new recovery without computer? ...
You can flash new TWRP.img through TWRP itself: "Download the latest TWRP image file (.img) from the download link and boot TWRP. Go to install and find and select the Images... button."
After that you can install new EU-ROM through updater app.
Before backup your device through TWRP or another software is recommended.

Reactions: HTCCTH
It seems that many Kenzo users having problem upgrading to some last Dev ROMs (7.9.21, 7.10.12 & 7.10.19), it has something to do with file
'emmc_appsboot.mbn' (confirmed, flashing this file fix this problem, but please read the post and guide carefully).

(Read here for details : https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/solved-cant-reboot-to-recovery-from-os.41559/#post-387445).

Xiaomi.eu started removing this file since ROM 6.11.17 to protect people who unlocked their Bootloader UN-OFFICIALLY from getting bootloop.

So if you unlocked the bootloader OFFICIALLY, try flashing that file to the latest (you can get it from MIUI ROM) or use the file I shared in that thread above (I'm using file from MIUI ROM 7.9.21) and had no problem upgrading to 7.10.12 & 7.10.19

Confirmation :
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/7-10-12-13-14.41877/page-28#post-390764
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/7-10-12-13-14.41877/page-30#post-390851
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/7-10-19.41961/page-6#post-391201

Thank you very much!! I have installed the TWRP version and after that the phone enters in bootloop. Then I unlocked It from fastboot, and now I can restart into recovery from the icon.

Reactions: CyNote
Thank you very much!! I have installed the TWRP version and after that the phone enters in bootloop. Then I unlocked It from fastboot, and now I can restart into recovery from the icon.

Your bootloader was OFFICIALLY unblocked, right?

Just want to confirm that bootloop from upgrading to 7.9.21 or newer dev ROMs happens to device with Officially UBL, not just to device with UN-Official UBL.

Your bootloader was OFFICIALLY unblocked, right?

Just want to confirm that bootloop from upgrading to 7.9.21 or newer dev ROMs happens to device with Officially UBL, not just to device with UN-Official UBL.

Yes, my bootloader was officially unblocked.

No OTA for kenzo as users reports bootloop if they got cracked BL from the shops.. We don't want to brick thousands of devices by OTA..

Yes, my bootloader was officially unblocked.

So, it's confirmed, bootloop from upgrading to 7.9.21 or newer ROMs also affects Kenzo-ers with Official UBL, not only to Kenzo-ers with Un-Official UBL.

RedmiNote2. battery is good, i do experience random drains, nothing to worry about. WIFI signal is a pain. Standing next to a router and i can not open anything.
Overall MIUI9 looks better then 8.
one more thing, not a fan of the Battery&Performance update. Too many clicks to see the chart, SOT time etc.
That's interesting - my RN2 battery is as unremarkable as ever , except standby ' performance ' is worse . However wifi is good . I have had security warnings on some public wifi - is this to do with KRACK fix , anyone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.