Do you like this MIUI version?

• YES

Votes: 228 81.1%
  • NO

Votes: 53 18.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
guys on the official website of the firmware updated ... there is a bug with the camera, you will solve the problem?

Stupid question: I'm going to update my wife's redmi note 3 (mtk). If I'm not wrong the name is Hennessy. I don't know the file I have to download.

I just installed lineage OS in my kenzo (redmi note 3 pro) and I got aptX audio without any problem. Thanks

Stupid question: I'm going to update my wife's redmi note 3 (mtk). If I'm not wrong the name is Hennessy. I don't know the file I have to download.

I just installed lineage OS in my kenzo (redmi note 3 pro) and I got aptX audio without any problem. Thanks
HMNote3

Enviado desde mi MI MAX mediante Tapatalk

Chill out... Logs help more that your fool answers...
Maybe you need to cry in en.miui.com or hire a personal developer...

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 4X mediante Tapatalk

If you agree, it seems good to me.
I have always bought xiaomi because I had guaranteed updates for a long time.
If now it's going to go two years, better buy other cheaper terminals than the only bad thing they have is that they will not receive updates.
But seen the seen, in the end it is the same.
In my case, I bought a premium terminal of xiaomi, more than 400 euros when it was launched, how do you give equal treatment to redmi?

But, there is no other choice but to accept it.
But I hope this serves to launch acceptable updates, because they go from bad to worse.

NOTE: The phone work of my wife is a samsung A3, 3 updates this year. All works, no reboots, no freezes, etc,... XIAOMI, all updates have problems.

Weekly will be SUSPENDED (it's not terminated, although it's unclear the suspension will last for how long), but it's clearly stated, there will be Stable MIUI 9.1 and 9.2...

So these devices still supported..

Reactions: zeork and barbuti17
Guy's, im seeing black screen after flashing Mi MIX2.

1) I got the device unlocked
2) Downloaded the twrp from above
3) flashed twrp (recovery and then booted)
3) Wiped data (Wipe > Adanced wipe > select data > swipe to wipe)
4) Placed rom in /data via USB
5) Installed via TWRP > Install
6) Reboot

Result: BLACK SCREEN
(After seeing MI and below Unlocked)

Then I went back to TWRP
1) Wiped data (Wipe > Adanced wipe > select data > swipe to wipe)
2) Wipe > Factory default
3) Loaded the ROM via ABD sideload via Advanced > ADB Sideload (no output errors)
4) Reboot

Reverting now to global ROM for the meanwhile, Yet this doesn't seem a smooth and the process is far from easy for anybody that wishes to use a MI phone...

Any one got a clue?

Guy's, im seeing black screen after flashing Mi MIX2.

1) I got the device unlocked
2) Downloaded the twrp from above
3) flashed twrp (recovery and then booted)
3) Wiped data (Wipe > Adanced wipe > select data > swipe to wipe)
4) Placed rom in /data via USB
5) Installed via TWRP > Install
6) Reboot

(After seeing MI and below Unlocked)

Then I went back to TWRP
1) Wiped data (Wipe > Adanced wipe > select data > swipe to wipe)
2) Wipe > Factory default
3) Loaded the ROM via ABD sideload via Advanced > ADB Sideload (no output errors)
4) Reboot

Reverting now to global ROM for the meanwhile, Yet this doesn't seem a smooth and the process is far from easy for anybody that wishes to use a MI phone...

Any one got a clue?

The one step you appear to be missing is the "format" of the disk to remove the encryption after the data wipe.

I did the same as yourself (process 1) with the black screen as a result.

This process is only needed on the first time when moving from the original factory load to the unlocked custom ROM.

The one step you appear to be missing is the "format" of the disk to remove the encryption after the data wipe.

I did the same as yourself (process 1) with the black screen as a result.

This process is only needed on the first time when moving from the original factory load to the unlocked custom ROM.

Edit: Check, management to format the data dir. This procedure isn't really clear. Many thanks for the solution.

Last edited:
Some comments on the general discussion about the dropping of weekly updates, etc for some of the devices in the Xiaomi portfolio.

1. The newer features being introduced in the Beta ROM'S are often dependent on the base Android version,
2. The base Android version is dependent on the partition sizing on the disk, and CPU/RAM configuration and other hardware capabilities,
3. The above two points will determine if a device can be provided with new capabilities, and if the investment in time and effort by people doing the work is worth it - if they consider that it is not technically feasible to do the upgrade or feature implementation, or that the impact on the device is a negative, then they will not do it.

If you are not satisfied with the decision of the xiaomi.eu or official MIUI Developers, then you (thankfully) have the benefit of a device which supports unlocking of bootloaders, and you can use a different custom ROM.

At the end, remember that mobile devices are designed to have a life of 18 - 24 months, so don't expect support "ad infinitum".

Thanks for the prompt reply. When trying to Wipe > Format Data you need to enter a confirm phrase. Yet in my case the keyboard is non-responsive. Any idea?
I did the wipe and format through TWRP, I don't remember being asked for any confirmation phrase (since I did not do it through the fastboot menu originally, and could not get back to that page on subsequent attempts).

Quick review on MI5

Nice update with smart assistant, the step counter is usefull for me :)
Battery drain is normal & better than previous version, but Screen-off animation is still missing in this update, why? :(

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Is the screen-off animation removed from all devices or only some of them? No screen-off animation on Mi Max 2 still in this version, and neither it was in 7.10.26, that version removed it for me, before I did have it. Not a serious issue or anything but it was a bit nicer than just turning off the display instantly. Any information on this from xiaomi.eu staff? Thanks for the work, latest version works great for me otherwise!
Agreed, same with me. And i hope screen-off animation come again with next version release :D

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.